could Travis Minor rush for 1000 yards, if he is the starter next season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

could Travis Minor rush for 1000 yards, if he is the starter next season?

could minor rack up 1000 yards next season?

• yes

Votes: 32 24.1%
  • no

Votes: 101 75.9%

• Total voters
I truthfully don't think Minor can.

No way. Minor is horrible as a starter. IMO if Minor stayed healthy and carried the full load, he'd be lucky to break 700 yards.

First of all, I don't think Minor's signing ensures that he makes the roster. It depends on what happens in the draft and Saban's analysis in camp.

NO way that Minor could run for 1,000 yards. He will never have enough carries -- like some have said he is not an every down back. What I think needs to happen, and will happen with Linehans offense, is for Travis to get more balls thrown to him. He is fast and elusive as a change of pace back. We'll see him in the single back offense going in motion and creating an empty backfield. He can be dangerous against a linebacker in single coverage downfield in these types of situations. I can see what Linehan likes about him because he can catch and have impact with 5 - 7 touches a game.

im not sure the 2004 was a good measuring stick for minor's abilities.

i'll say this, i cannot be too sure that even a sober, motivated ricky williams could've rushed for 1000 behind last season's line.

The title of this forum is could minor run for 1000 yards aot will he run for 1000 most likely. If he was the starter(which probubly won't happen), had some help around him and got a little lucky he COULD get 1000. It is possible when you consider in this day in age 1000 yards ain't much. I doubt it will happen, but it is possible.

SuperMarksBros. said:
i'll say this, i cannot be too sure that even a sober, motivated ricky williams could've rushed for 1000 behind last season's line.
No one short of Jesus himself could have pulled 1,000 yards last year with McKinney on his back in the backfield as soon as he snapped the ball.

anyone who thinks that 1000 yards per season isn't a great feat is kidding themselves. just look at the names that put up 1000+ yards per season in 2004. travis minor isn't in the same league as those rushers. im tired of hearing that argument. 1000 yards per season is a great accomplishment and nothing should be taken away from them. if you dont believe me... then look for yourself. the proof is in the pudding so to speak ... linky doodle.

Phinnhedd said:
anyone who thinks that 1000 yards per season isn't a great feat is kidding themselves. just look at the names that put up 1000+ yards per season in 2004. travis minor isn't in the same league as those rushers. im tired of hearing that argument. 1000 yards per season is a great accomplishment and nothing should be taken away from them. if you dont believe me... then look for yourself. the proof is in the pudding so to speak ... linky doodle.
To quote a SI writer whose name I forgot:
"They should stop measuring the success of running backs with 1,000 yard seasons. Kevan Barlow had over a thousand yards last year (two years ago now) and he needs two forms of ID in his own kitchen."

popularwar said:
To quote a SI writer whose name I forgot:
"They should stop measuring the success of running backs with 1,000 yard seasons. Kevan Barlow had over a thousand yards last year (two years ago now) and he needs two forms of ID in his own kitchen."

i'd take kevin barlow over travis minor anyday. so where are you going with this? everyone knows how bad the 49ers were last season.

Phinnhedd said:

You've got a good point there. The cream of the crop made 1000, the rest didnt.

also, if you can send me that column, report, or whatever, then you can back up that quote... until then, i'll take any of last years 1000 yard rushers over travis minor thank you and have a nice easter.

Phinnhedd said:
i'd take kevin barlow over travis minor anyday. so where are you going with this? everyone knows how bad the 49ers were last season.
That was written before last season. He meant to say that Kevan Barlow rushed for over a thousand yards but no one even knew who he was. He was making a point that a thousand yard rusher is not a rare commodity anymore.
And Kevan Barlow sucks, but that's a different story.

Back
Top Bottom