could Travis Minor rush for 1000 yards, if he is the starter next season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

could Travis Minor rush for 1000 yards, if he is the starter next season?

could minor rack up 1000 yards next season?

• yes

Votes: 32 24.1%
  • no

Votes: 101 75.9%

• Total voters
and you still can't send me the quote from that write and i can't google that quote. so its disqualified. i'd take kevin barlow, he might not be a ricky williams but he is a better back up than travis minor.

Phinnhedd said:
also, if you can send me that column, report, or whatever, then you can back up that quote... until then, i'll take any of last years 1000 yard rushers over travis minor thank you and have a nice easter.
I'm not saying Travis Minor is great. I never even mentioned him. I'm just saying that 1,000 yard seasons aren't as rare or special as you make them seem.
As for the quote... I read it in Sports Illustrated about a year ago, I'm not going to go digging through old issues to support it. I just remembered the quote because I found it hilarious.

popularwar said:
I'm not saying Travis Minor is great. I never even mentioned him. I'm just saying that 1,000 yard seasons aren't as rare or special as you make them seem.
As for the quote... I read it in Sports Illustrated about a year ago, I'm not going to go digging through old issues to support it. I just remembered the quote because I found it hilarious.

ok.. go back and look at the link. all of those rushers are really good running backs and even vick is in there. you can't mention travis minor in the same sentence as those 1000+ yard rushers last year. to do so is intellectually challenged. so, support your arguments, dont use hearsay, and dont mention travis minor as our starting running back again please. thank you again.

Phinnhedd said:
and you still can't send me the quote from that write and i can't google that quote. so its disqualified. i'd take kevin barlow, he might not be a ricky williams but he is a better back up than travis minor.
I just googled it.
Railing at statistics that have lost their significance, Rick Reilly of Sports Illustrated takes aim at the 1,000-yard rushing season: "My God, Kevan Barlow of the San Francisco 49ers ran for 1,000 yards last year, and he needs two forms of I.D. in his own kitchen."
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunherald/sports/9822583.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

Phinnhedd said:
ok.. go back and look at the link. all of those rushers are really good running backs and even vick is in there. you can't mention travis minor in the same sentence as those 1000+ yard rushers last year. to do so is intellectually challenged. so, support your arguments, dont use hearsay, and dont mention travis minor as our starting running back again please. thank you again.
I didn't mention Minor as a starter! If you go back and see my original comment, it said that Minor is too small to ever take the pounding required for a thousand yards. I was making a completely separate point with the 1,000 yard quote and everything else.

thank you for the link. as far as i can decipher, he is trying to say that 1000 yards isn't great for any running back. sure kevin barlow isn't in there, he was on the 49ers team man. they have the first draft pick come this april. there's a reason he didn't get a 1000 yards, can anyone say terrell owens and jeff garcia?

Phinnhedd said:
thank you for the link. as far as i can decipher, he is trying to say that 1000 yards isn't great for any running back. sure kevin barlow isn't in there, he was on the 49ers team man. they have the first draft pick come this april. there's a reason he didn't get a 1000 yards, can anyone say terrell owens and jeff garcia?
I think they benched him in the second half of the season. Didn't Maurice Hicks take his job towards the end?

maurice hicks was put in because barlow wasn't performing, yes, and he didn't do much better than barlow. hicks carried the ball 96 times for 3.8 ypc, compared to barlow's 3.4 ypc with 244 carries. so there isn't much difference between the two, except that barlow carried the load for 2/3's the season.

Phinnhedd said:
maurice hicks was put in because barlow wasn't performing, yes, and he didn't do much better than barlow. hicks carried the ball 96 times for 3.8 ypc, compared to barlow's 3.4 ypc with 244 carries. so there isn't much difference between the two, except that barlow carried the load for 2/3's the season.
Your avatar scares me.

Even with a good O-line Minor could never so much as sniff 1,000 yards, the guy would never make it out of October as a starting RB....he gets hurt!! He`s established his niche in the NFL though, a 3rd down back who can get you 8-10 carries a game.

Doktor Ivel said:
I think that Minor should start, I dont think we need to worry about drafting a runningback, I think we need to improve our offensive line, and our Quarterbacks, i think that we should Draft Braylon Edwards, and a QB with our next pick....
sure minor looked bad last year, but who looked good with our o-line?

Minor is a good change of pace back and third down back..Thats it....He cant take the pounding in the NFL and hasnt proven that he can...

Back
Top Bottom