Cowboys tried to trade to #16 to get Charles Harris (per PFT) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys tried to trade to #16 to get Charles Harris (per PFT)

Why would they trade up for Charles Harris when you could've got Jordan Willis in the third round?

Lulz

Why would they trade up for Charles Harris when you could've got Jordan Willis in the third round?

Lulz

I know, right? Like, why did the Jaguars draft Dante Fowler in the top 5, when they could have drafted Danielle Hunter in the 3rd or Trey Flowers in the 4th? It's almost like most NFL teams struggle to evaluate talent in a meaningful way.

Always encouraging at the end of the article when its pointed out good chance a couple of the picks wont pan out. Nobody knows for sure but lets pounce on the people who liked Willis cause were sure those people are wrong.

What approximately would the compensation been if we moved down to 28?
Probably a third round pick. Maybe more since Dallas really, really wanted Harris. I'm sure they were one of the teams with offers that Grier mentioned.

Taco would have been the pick for us at 28. Add that into consideration.

So happy we stayed put. Next year is the year to move up or down now that we've addressed some major needs and found two long term starters on defense.

Teams miss on players all the time, and Willis may end up being a very good NFL DE, but the fact that some are actually hoping that Willis is the better player, just to "be right", reminds me a lot of people getting excited for when Tannehill had a bad game, just so they could say "I told you so" on the forums. At this point, I could care less what Willis does, Harris is a Dolphin, he is the one I want to have success and I hope he ends up being the DE, the team thinks he can be.

Can't be Willis is better.

Willis is good and tested very well, but he isn't nearly as explosive off the line as Harris, nor can he bebnd the arc like Harris. Harris is close to Aldon Smith in terms of a first step in his pass rush, and that's saying a lot. Imo the two special edge rushers were Harris and Takk McLinley who has a very appealing power/speed aspect to him. Dallas wanted Takk as well, Atlanta moved up to take him away from Dallas. Dallas ended up with a less explosive talent, Taco Charlton.

Yea, when I was talking to one of my friends at work (Huge Cowboy fan), and told him we had taken Harris, somewhat upset he told me that Harris was the player they were hoping to take,,,so at the very least, I guess that was the player that was being talked very highly on the Cowboys being interested in.

Make more sense to me now, I thought it was just my coworker that was high on him.

Back
Top Bottom