Cowboys tried to trade to #16 to get Charles Harris (per PFT) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys tried to trade to #16 to get Charles Harris (per PFT)

Teams miss on players all the time, and Willis may end up being a very good NFL DE, but the fact that some are actually hoping that Willis is the better player, just to "be right", reminds me a lot of people getting excited for when Tannehill had a bad game, just so they could say "I told you so" on the forums. At this point, I could care less what Willis does, Harris is a Dolphin, he is the one I want to have success and I hope he ends up being the DE, the team thinks he can be.

I couldn't agree more. I was one of the ones who really wanted to draft Willis in the first. But I'm certainly not bagging on Harris who was clearly more highly thought of by the NFL personnel departments. They might be wrong, but at this point Harris is easily the more desired player. I was surprised by the initial negative blowback regarding the Harris pick, but that happens when people get so invested in a specific name they don't realize that their evaluation is even more likely to be off than the entire set of NFL personnel departments.

Willis may become great but there's obviously reasons why Willis fell to third.

When you consider his combine, senior bowl, position and no off the field issues there should be no reason he was a 3rd pick.

I just never understood the Willis love. Some were saying top 15-20 lol

I remember when we did our top 5 guys mostly everyone wanted Willis.

Most of the time when someone's trending on here we follow the lead which is what I think happened on the forum.

That's awesome anytime you hear another team willing to trade up significantly for our guy!!

Harris could become deadly under Cameron Wakes tutelage!!

Who knows? Willis may become a better player. Doubt it

I've talked about it a little, but Harris definitely has some good traits that supporters can point to as reasons why he'll excel. He also carries his share of risk/concern. To me, his tape and production is a mixed bag, and that's why I said he'd need a great Combine/Pro Day for me to like him in the 1st. Others like his tape better, and they're less concerned with his profile. As I've stated in previous posts, many of them are very smart, savvy evaluators. CK likes Harris more than I do, and I've really enjoyed CK's points on Harris. Everyone has their own way of assessing risk, and for some, Harris raises too many concerns to draft in the 1st. For others, his positives overshadow those concerns. There are multiple ways to navigate risk in the draft and many factors to consider.

I was, and still am, disappointed by the Harris pick, but that doesn't mean I hate him or think he'll be a bust. I just view his risk and ceiling differently. I expect that most people who were disappointed have generally similar feedings. I'm rooting for him, and I don't view him as dead in the water. I just thought there were better ceiling/risk ratios available.

While I am not blown away with Harris the athlete he was the right choice for us in this draft. Wakes replacement is much more important than a guard right now and using a first rounder on a guard is rarely good value. I really think we were fortunate to have Harris drop to us. As far as trading down, and selecting Lamp in the 2nd round, thats hindsight talking and we all could be great NFL GMs if we had that talent .

Back
Top Bottom