Cowboys tried to trade to #16 to get Charles Harris (per PFT) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys tried to trade to #16 to get Charles Harris (per PFT)

Probably a third round pick. Maybe more since Dallas really, really wanted Harris. I'm sure they were one of the teams with offers that Grier mentioned.

Taco would have been the pick for us at 28. Add that into consideration.

So happy we stayed put. Next year is the year to move up or down now that we've addressed some major needs and found two long term starters on defense.

TRADE UP FOR DERWIN JAMES!!!

Charles Harris has Cam Wake type first step and bend to his game.

Aldon Smith and Harris play a lot a like, I'll take 40 sacks in 3 years from Harris and laugh my way to another all pro DE no matter what Willis does.

Teams miss on players all the time, and Willis may end up being a very good NFL DE, but the fact that some are actually hoping that Willis is the better player, just to "be right", reminds me a lot of people getting excited for when Tannehill had a bad game, just so they could say "I told you so" on the forums. At this point, I could care less what Willis does, Harris is a Dolphin, he is the one I want to have success and I hope he ends up being the DE, the team thinks he can be.

What? There is lots of disdain for Willis in this thread, and absolutely no negativity about Harris. Where are you agenda comments originating from? Seems concocted to me.

What? There is lots of disdain for Willis in this thread, and absolutely no negativity about Harris. Where are you agenda comments originating from? Seems concocted to me.

Those comments are not exclusively about this thread, but over the last few weeks in regards to the Willis vs Harris debate. It has been discussed ad nausea on this forum and is one of the reasons why Willis was brought in the first place. Not saying that it was necessary to do so, but it happens. Going back to the original draft day, there has been a good deal of negativity about Harris and other options the Dolphins had. I don't believe those posters dislike Harris, but like many who follow the draft closely, watch a good deal of college football, we start to really like players and want to see them in Dolphins uniforms and end up disappointed when the team passes on those players. I felt the same way when we took Harris over Peppers, but it happens, but I am not going to want Peppers to have a better overall career over a player on the team I root for.

Thinking a player will be better than the one we took does not mean you hope that a player is better than the one we took. Actually, I feel like most people who prefer Willis hope they are wrong which kind of messes up the whole "agenda" thing.

From reading this board post draft I feel like I see more people making fun of those who like Willis because he got drafted in the third round.

I guess we all just see things differently...

It's a three year carousel ala Gurley vs. Dude from Wisconsin type argument. By the time the three years are up, no one will care and you'll be perceived as a diehard blowhard if you do. It's mental masturbation at it's best/worst.

That said, I'll place my mental goo chips on Harris... because Kansas state is the scientology of college football, there I said it. It's a weird, creepy cult where players seemingly do well ensconced in the program, only to underwhelm outside the barracks ala Daniel Thomas once they escape. It's the most generic Midwest college program that has zero national following I've ever seen. Even the stadium has no discernable characteristics.

It's a three year carousel ala Gurley vs. Dude from Wisconsin type argument. By the time the three years are up, no one will care and you'll be perceived as a diehard blowhard if you do. It's mental masturbation at it's best/worst.

That said, I'll place my mental goo chips on Harris... because Kansas state is the scientology of college football, there I said it. It's a weird, creepy cult where players seemingly do well ensconced in the program, only to underwhelm outside the barracks ala Daniel Thomas once they escape. It's the most generic Midwest college program that has zero national following I've ever seen. Even the stadium has no discernable characteristics.

Daniel Thomas says, "Hello":
Man. I wish we had that pick back.
Daniel Thomas #37 RB

Chicago Bears | Official Team Site

Height: 6-1 Weight: 235 Age: 29

Born: 10/29/1987 Hilliard , FL

College: Kansas State

Experience: 5th season

High School: Hilliard HS [FL]

Daniel Thomas says, "Hello":

Daniel Thomas #37 RB

Chicago Bears | Official Team Site

Height: 6-1 Weight: 235 Age: 29

Born: 10/29/1987 Hilliard , FL

College: Kansas State

Experience: 5th season

High School: Hilliard HS [FL]

images

You sir, are the ****ing worst!

Lol, right on cue...well done

Last edited:
Teams miss on players all the time, and Willis may end up being a very good NFL DE, but the fact that some are actually hoping that Willis is the better player, just to "be right", reminds me a lot of people getting excited for when Tannehill had a bad game, just so they could say "I told you so" on the forums. At this point, I could care less what Willis does, Harris is a Dolphin, he is the one I want to have success and I hope he ends up being the DE, the team thinks he can be.

No bro...I hope Harris and McMillen prove me wrong...I care more about my Dolphins winning than my ego over my talent evaluating ability which I receive no money for.

I just think its funny when people assume that because Miami & Dallas... (and probably more) teams thought Harris quick first step ranked him above Willis, that it makes Harris automatically a better pro.

I hope I'm wrong, but I feel Willis will have a greater career.

Probably a third round pick. Maybe more since Dallas really, really wanted Harris. I'm sure they were one of the teams with offers that Grier mentioned.

Taco would have been the pick for us at 28. Add that into consideration.

So happy we stayed put. Next year is the year to move up or down now that we've addressed some major needs and found two long term starters on defense.
So, if they wanted to move up to get Jordan Willis, they would have had to trade... Jordan Willis? Sounds very complicated.

Back
Top Bottom