Cowher, Simms & Jaworski: Dolphins close to being a Super Bowl contender | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowher, Simms & Jaworski: Dolphins close to being a Super Bowl contender

I really believe Chad Henne is going to have a monster year. With the O-Line coming together and as Henne builds more chemistry with his receivers, I think its going to be a fun year for our offense. Now if we can just get some good linebackers and a ballhawk safety, we are set at defense with nolan as our coordinator.

And this started out as such a nice thread before it turned into Madden and armchair GM'ing. Don't we have enough threads for the sole purpose of arguing player trades/drafting?

After weeks of reading espn's "experts" suck off the Jets, its good to see some people seeing the promise of our team and Henne. Few people remember we were leading the league in rushing for a good portion of the year, and despite the numbers Henne had some games that were truely mistake free and impressive(first Jets game pops into mind).
I only hope that this doesnt turn out the same way it did the last time we were predicted as true Superbowl contenders(6-10).

No matter how much i watch tape on both spiller and bryant i can not justify drafting offense rather than defense in the first round after watching the defense last year. There is also a big reason why they brought in Nolan and that is because all the problems we had on defense and Nolan is not going to put his reputation on the line. I can GUARANTEE you that Nolan talked to Parcells about what their draft is going to consist of before he came in here!!!!!

What gives me even more hope for the future:

'How close are the Dolphins to being a Super Bowl contender? Reaction varied widely among prominent analysts. ``They're far away,'' NFL Network's Deion Sanders said.'

If Mr. Flavor of the week pick believes were far away, with as consistently bad at his job as he is, its a reassurance.

Speaking of the opinions of people who are bad at their job, i enjoyed the coach P interview paragraph.

i think our big board (taking suh berry, etc out should look like):

Mcclain
Dez
Spiller
Graham
Thomas
Williams
Trade down

If the tuna and front office dont listen to these guys then we are going to have a crazy draft, its not hard to see what we need we just better hope they dont try to get fancy and waste a good pick on a nobody..."like the white one"!!!!!

What gives me even more hope for the future:

'How close are the Dolphins to being a Super Bowl contender? Reaction varied widely among prominent analysts. ``They're far away,'' NFL Network's Deion Sanders said.'

If Mr. Flavor of the week pick believes were far away, with as consistently bad at his job as he is, its a reassurance.

Speaking of the opinions of people who are bad at their job, i enjoyed the coach P interview paragraph.
Maybe the entire roster should go into free agency and latch onto a current contender like Sanders did when he played. Those teams that put rings on his finger would have won the super bowl without him.

Thanks for the analysis, dbag.

I take everything Esaison says w/ a grain of salt. Stick w/ the man crush on Sanchez, Boomer.

It doesn't take much to see that Henne could progress like Phillip Rivers.

Like Esaison, Jaws is being Captain Obvious.

Miami IMO will draft a WR; It won't be Bryant. There are other WRs in the Big 12 that could be had on day 2 or the 4th round (Meier & Briscoe from Kansas) and Detron Lewis (Tx Tech).

Really Nice post, Thanks Nub.

Since the end of this season, I have been saying this, if you watched how this team performed without it's best Offensive player at RB, it's most important D-player at NT in, two Rookie corners, a safety out of position, a QB making his 1st starts, 2 O-LB that are in their decline, and playing one of the toughest schedule this year, how can you not feel excided about 2010 with all the heart they showed.

In 2010, I hope:

1. Henne will be 1 year wiser, and more prepared.

2. Ronnie will be back as well as Williams and Cobb.

3. Receiver at worse will still be efficient enough to compliment the running game, and at best we finally get our explosive receiver this year.

4. At NT we will be ok one way or another, whether Ferguson returns again to back up Soliai, or we get another player to back him up.

5. AT O-LB put Jason back at his orginal position where he won DPOTY (older or not he is still a relentless play maker), and Wake on the left side (With Merling on running plays if he is indeed losing those 10 pounds to LB)....Bye Bye Joey

6. Put a more instictive, and better playmaking I-LB next to Crowder.

7. Keep Bell at SS, and bring in a better and true FS (Maybe take a shot with Clemons if he is ready).

8. Finally Will Allen will be back to help both our Rookies settle in for 1 more year until they are both ready or back them up if they prove to be ready.

This will be a better team, how much better is the real question.

Simms also suggested that the Saints should not blitz and drop into coverage on the Porter pick last night.

I'm convinced that NONE of these guys know what the hell they are talking about. That said, I hope they're all correct.:lol:

what about bryant from tampa bay they could easly go sign him and give up nothing but money and still go after Tebow

True, if the make a move for a wr before the draft then yea I think he may fall to us.

if LEE EVANS was the answer in buffalo, they would
have NEVER brought in terrell owens.

t.o. will be gone and soon.

with the #9 pic, in the 2010 nfl draft, the BUFFALO BILLS select...

DEZ BRYANT, wr, oklahoma state!!

evans is a great #2 and thats all. with terrell gone, he will be the
pic hands down.

you dont pass up playmakers.

See I don't agree Lee Evans was a #1 wr, I havent seen him lately. They brought in T.O. because evans was getting doubled up. Even if you have a 1 you still gotta have more talent to stop the double teaming and as far as I'm concerned we have that talent we need a #1 that gets open consistently and makes the tough grabs and a guy we can rely on at the ends of games to make the tough catches.

Back
Top Bottom