Cowher, Simms & Jaworski: Dolphins close to being a Super Bowl contender | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowher, Simms & Jaworski: Dolphins close to being a Super Bowl contender

Superstar LBs are so much easier to find then superstar WRs like Dez Bryant someone always finds a superstar LB in rounds 2-7 but you dont find WRs like Dez in round 2-7

Brandon Marshall
Marquez Colston
Vincent Jackson
Desean Jackson
Terell Owens
Miles Austin

But I'd still draft Dez Bryant #1 in a heartbeat.

Brandon Marshall
Marquez Colston
Vincent Jackson
Desean Jackson
Terell Owens
Miles Austin

But I'd still draft Dez Bryant #1 in a heartbeat.

i agree 100% if we dont get marshall or boldin i would take Dez @ 12 in a heartbeat:hump:

if LEE EVANS was the answer in buffalo, they would
have NEVER brought in terrell owens.

t.o. will be gone and soon.

with the #9 pic, in the 2010 nfl draft, the BUFFALO BILLS select...

DEZ BRYANT, wr, oklahoma state!!

evans is a great #2 and thats all. with terrell gone, he will be the
pic hands down.

you dont pass up playmakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that the front office came out and said they want a tight end, a good receiving TE. imho though a TE would be more fit for us at this point if pennington were still starting at QB. i think that Henne does need a #1 WR target, but i dont think it would be a drastic a difference as people make it out to be for us. I agree that rolando would probably be the best first pick for us, but it wouldnt kill us if we had to grab another LB later like hughes spikes or sergio whatever. some people have said we should go with a NT first that could also be a smart move,

i think for our first pick you

pick 1: take rolando if you can, if not you go for either Dez/CJ spiller, it couldnt hurt for us to have more depth behind R&R, but i only say this because i dont really know if cobbs/sheets/hilliard could carry our run game if you were to lose R&R

anyway thats really just an idea or option or whatever you want to call it. i think primarily you go LB >NT>WR>HB or Safety > more LB

edit: i like haynos is why i also disagree with going out of our way for a TE

imo there is only one LB worth the 12th pick thats mcclain and if he is gone we need to go after DEZ BRYANT and besides LBs are alot easier to find than a true #1 wr so if mcclain is gone its a no brainer to go after DEZ IMO DEZ will be a better wr than crabtree for the 49ers :hump:
Wr's very, very rarely set the world on fire their rookie year. McClain is almost a lock to be a solid starter right out of the gates. Give me Demaryius Thomas or Rejus Benn in the 2nd anyday of the week over Bryant in the 1st. Not only will McClain or Brandon Graham make more of an impact than Bryant will, so will Thomas with his physicality and great blocking, something Parcells loves out of a WR. And quite honestly, I'd rather defense in the 2nd round as well. Next year is the year for WR, not this weak WR class.

It's astonishing how many people want to miss the playoffs again by drafting a WR in the first round when the middle of our defense is very, very bad, and will cost us the playoffs should we not fix it because it's obviously the main problem of this team. Luckily for us we're not drafting Bryant though, and he'll be gone by our pick anyways.

Hmm. I think those were all healthy/correct assessments. I was torn about Boldin, if for a 3rd rounder, but they may be correct. Plus, Boldin would not be a deep threat, but another possession guy, which we have many good ones already. So yeah, I think I agree with everything they said...:ponder:

It's astonishing how many people want to miss the playoffs again by drafting a WR in the first round when the middle of our defense is very, very bad, and will cost us the playoffs should we not fix it because it's obviously the main problem of this team. Luckily for us we're not drafting Bryant though, and he'll be gone by our pick anyways.

I don't think that's correct at all. Miami can still find a way to fix the defense even if they drafted a WR like Bryant at #12.

Dansby and Rolle both may be UFAs and possible signings, which would fix 2 spots right there. Then, Miami can land a SOLB to develop behind/compete with Philip Merling at #43 and either land Cam Thomas or Mt Cody to develop behind Soliai and Fergy (if he comes back) at #73 or by trading up into the latter part of the 2nd round for one of them.

The WOLB is going to be fine with or without Porter and/or JT because all signs point to Cam Wake being the starter and Charlie Anderson and Quentin Moses his backups. JT would also be an option to bring back if they weren't comfortable with those 2 as his backups, which I am.

Miami can also probably find a way to sign another TE like Ben Watson to compliment Anthony Fasano.

I agree with not trading for Boldin. He would help possibly next year, but after that its all downhill. This is how we got into this funk we were in this decade, trading away draft picks for old or useless players. Build through the draft and UFA.

What the hell do these guys know???

Cowher said. ``They've got a good foundation, are very physical, have a good, young quarterback
Simms' take: ``They're really close. I always liked Chad Henne, and I'm now more reinforced he's the guy.
Boomer Esiason predicted Henne ``will make a huge jump next year and should be one of the NFL's top 10 quarterbacks'' eventually.
"But..but..but...butt, I don't care if you throw in teammates Camarillo, Hartline and Bess who've given props to Henne's field leadership and ability to read D's down to the 4th option, Ditka, a HOF TE and HC who believes Miami's finally found its franchise QB, or similar plugged-in or so-called informed opinions from insiders like Mr Perfection himself, Coach Shula, Sheffler, HOF QB Marino,and Richmond Webb All-Decade tackle, among other no doubt confused alleged "experts" who've played or coached the game.

"I know what I know and that's that Coach Sparano (whose own judgment I may or may not have dumped on myself) would NOT outright commit that Henne is the 2010 starting Fins QB, confirming my own negative expert opinion developed over almost 2 years of expert evaluation from the vantage point of my own easy chair":up::chuckle:

if LEE EVANS was the answer in buffalo, they would
have NEVER brought in terrell owens.

t.o. will be gone and soon.

with the #9 pic, in the 2010 nfl draft, the BUFFALO BILLS select...

DEZ BRYANT, wr, oklahoma state!!

evans is a great #2 and thats all. with terrell gone, he will be the
pic hands down.

you dont pass up playmakers.
Who would be throwing him (and Evans) the ball? Makes no sense to accumulate playmakers on the outside if you've got no one to get them the ball. Sounds like something Matt Millen would do. He's not running the Bills now, is he?:ponder:

They all saying the same thing we need a playmaker out wide for Henne and that guy should be Dez Bryant and draft LBs later on in the draft there has been talk about maybe Brandon Spikes falling out of the first round so just imagine pick number 1 dez bryant and pick number two brandon Spikes
our first 2 picks being dez bryant and brandon spikes wouldn't hurt my feelings at all...then we could get some rush backers with our next couple of picks..

Not specific enough, #1.

First, as to MIAMI's being close, I agree 1000%.

Second, the 2 BIGGEST needs are ILB and FS.

A) By my count, G WILSON singlehandedly/almost singlehandedly cost us 5 or 6 games. I haven't seen enough of CLEMONS, but SIP has. For all we know, CLEMONS is "the man".
But if not, A ROLLE wants to be our FS and we could always draft one. I'm leaning toward A ROLLE. One thing is for sure: G WILSON goes.

B) ILB is absolutely in need of fixing. CROWDER's pretty good, like B SCOTT playing next to R LEWIS, or on PARCELLS' GIANTS TEAM, G REASONS playing next to "PEPPER" JOHNSON.
If MIAMI had a R LEWIS or a "PEPPER", I think that the play of the ILBs would get VERY SIGNIFICANTLY better. So let's start w/McCLAIN in the 1st, and move up to get him if necessary.

C) I/m/o, OLB is NO PROBLEM AT ALL! We saw how good C ANDERSON is, and how good WAKE will be if he can just cover the "flats and a "short zone". We also got a brief glimpse of MOSES, and the way he sacked Big Ben did a lot to tell me why he's still here...and that he won't be cut unless someone pretty damn good emerges out of nowhere. Throw JT in the mix, and all the OLB unit needs to significantly improve is to get rid of PORTER.

D) NT is a pressing need only if J FERGUSON doesn't make it back. There are a couple of solid F/As, and 3 or 4 in the Draft. I'd get one (w/o "breaking the bank") in F/A if possible: if not, I'd draft one.

MIAMI's "O" put up a lot of points last season. Just staying healthy would be almost-good-enough upgrading. Increased "chemistry" between HENNE and the WRs we have now would i/m/o also be enough. I'd draft the best TE I could get. FASANO's inconsistent, to the point that i/m/o, HAYNOS is a better weapon. SPERRY remains to be seen. But if we got a really topshelf TE like GONZO or GATES, i/m/o it would do more for this "O" than "a big, #1 WR"!
As to that #1 WR, maybe I'd try A BRYANT in F/A, and let it go at that, unless someone fell into our lap.
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:....Clowner on his absolute best day with all the planets lined up right and everything going perfectly for him is still nothing more than just an average linebacker...we need an upgrade over him badly...

Back
Top Bottom