Cowher, Simms & Jaworski: Dolphins close to being a Super Bowl contender | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowher, Simms & Jaworski: Dolphins close to being a Super Bowl contender

If we don't get LB's we'll be in the same spot next year as this year. See how easy that is?
Superstar LBs are so much easier to find then superstar WRs like Dez Bryant someone always finds a superstar LB in rounds 2-7 but you dont find WRs like Dez in round 2-7

Superstar LBs are so much easier to find then superstar WRs like Dez Bryant someone always finds a superstar LB in rounds 2-7 but you dont find WRs like Dez in round 2-7
And we'll be in the same position as last year with our defense losing us games I reckon.

i only see a couple teams attempting to take Bryant maybe the Seahawks, if the cheifs get rid of Bowe i could see him going there, or the broncos if they end up trading Brandon Marshall. i under stand where you are coming from on the defense part but this draft if loaded with Defense and if we have a shot at Bryant i think that would be to good to pass up that would just make our Offense complete

#1: the rams arnt going to take him with the first pick they will most likly go suh
#2: the Lions already have calvin Johnson who is a stud NFL wr
#3: the bucs might see that as two early for him plus they need to fix other spots more to fill
#4: the redskins will mostly likely go Oline
#5 and 6: i explained already
#7: the Browns i think they really like Massaquoi
#8: the raiders he doesnt have enough speed for al davis plus they just drafted Hayward-bey last year
#9: the Bills they have evans who they really like
#10: Jags Sims-walker
#11: Broncos: already explained it

I would love to see us with bryant but I think he doesnt get past jax. They can talk all they want about Tebow but think about there wr situation they got sims walker and no one else they need someone so everyone don't start doubling walker, rumor is holt is gone.

They all saying the same thing we need a playmaker out wide for Henne and that guy should be Dez Bryant and draft LBs later on in the draft there has been talk about maybe Brandon Spikes falling out of the first round so just imagine pick number 1 dez bryant and pick number two brandon Spikes

In no way do I wish another FL LB on our team!

If we don't get LB's we'll be in the same spot next year as this year. See how easy that is?

imo there is only one LB worth the 12th pick thats mcclain and if he is gone we need to go after DEZ BRYANT and besides LBs are alot easier to find than a true #1 wr so if mcclain is gone its a no brainer to go after DEZ IMO DEZ will be a better wr than crabtree for the 49ers :hump:

This all hinges on Henne...

if he is good we are a playoff contender for 7 + years. If not, the entire franchise is set back three years and this probably gets Sparano and Co. fired.

I would love to see us with bryant but I think he doesnt get past jax. They can talk all they want about Tebow but think about there wr situation they got sims walker and no one else they need someone so everyone don't start doubling walker, rumor is holt is gone.

what about bryant from tampa bay they could easly go sign him and give up nothing but money and still go after Tebow

A #1 WR is nowhere near the need of a stud linebacker for us.

imo last year we was in the game with just about everybody we played and if we would have had a true #1 wr we would have won 3-4 more games than we did so that could be argued both ways there :ponder:

Not specific enough, #1.

First, as to MIAMI's being close, I agree 1000%.

Second, the 2 BIGGEST needs are ILB and FS.

A) By my count, G WILSON singlehandedly/almost singlehandedly cost us 5 or 6 games. I haven't seen enough of CLEMONS, but SIP has. For all we know, CLEMONS is "the man".
But if not, A ROLLE wants to be our FS and we could always draft one. I'm leaning toward A ROLLE. One thing is for sure: G WILSON goes.

B) ILB is absolutely in need of fixing. CROWDER's pretty good, like B SCOTT playing next to R LEWIS, or on PARCELLS' GIANTS TEAM, G REASONS playing next to "PEPPER" JOHNSON.
If MIAMI had a R LEWIS or a "PEPPER", I think that the play of the ILBs would get VERY SIGNIFICANTLY better. So let's start w/McCLAIN in the 1st, and move up to get him if necessary.

C) I/m/o, OLB is NO PROBLEM AT ALL! We saw how good C ANDERSON is, and how good WAKE will be if he can just cover the "flats and a "short zone". We also got a brief glimpse of MOSES, and the way he sacked Big Ben did a lot to tell me why he's still here...and that he won't be cut unless someone pretty damn good emerges out of nowhere. Throw JT in the mix, and all the OLB unit needs to significantly improve is to get rid of PORTER.

D) NT is a pressing need only if J FERGUSON doesn't make it back. There are a couple of solid F/As, and 3 or 4 in the Draft. I'd get one (w/o "breaking the bank") in F/A if possible: if not, I'd draft one.

MIAMI's "O" put up a lot of points last season. Just staying healthy would be almost-good-enough upgrading. Increased "chemistry" between HENNE and the WRs we have now would i/m/o also be enough. I'd draft the best TE I could get. FASANO's inconsistent, to the point that i/m/o, HAYNOS is a better weapon. SPERRY remains to be seen. But if we got a really topshelf TE like GONZO or GATES, i/m/o it would do more for this "O" than "a big, #1 WR"!
As to that #1 WR, maybe I'd try A BRYANT in F/A, and let it go at that, unless someone fell into our lap.

:confused:
Not specific enough, #1.

A) By my count, G WILSON singlehandedly/almost singlehandedly cost us 5 or 6 games. I haven't seen enough of CLEMONS, but SIP has. For all we know, CLEMONS is "the man".
But if not, A ROLLE wants to be our FS and we could always draft one. I'm leaning toward A ROLLE. One thing is for sure: G WILSON goes.

B) ILB is absolutely in need of fixing. CROWDER's pretty good, like B SCOTT playing next to R LEWIS, or on PARCELLS' GIANTS TEAM, G REASONS playing next to "PEPPER" JOHNSON.
If MIAMI had a R LEWIS or a "PEPPER", I think that the play of the ILBs would get VERY SIGNIFICANTLY better. So let's start w/McCLAIN in the 1st, and move up to get him if necessary.

C) I/m/o, OLB is NO PROBLEM AT ALL! We saw how good C ANDERSON is, and how good WAKE will be if he can just cover the "flats and a "short zone". We also got a brief glimpse of MOSES, and the way he sacked Big Ben did a lot to tell me why he's still here...and that he won't be cut unless someone pretty damn good emerges out of nowhere. Throw JT in the mix, and all the OLB unit needs to significantly improve is to get rid of PORTER.

D) NT is a pressing need only if J FERGUSON doesn't make it back. There are a couple of solid F/As, and 3 or 4 in the Draft. I'd get one (w/o "breaking the bank") in F/A if possible: if not, I'd draft one.

MIAMI's "O" put up a lot of points last season. Just staying healthy would be almost-good-enough upgrading. Increased "chemistry" between HENNE and the WRs we have now would i/m/o also be enough. I'd draft the best TE I could get. FASANO's inconsistent, to the point that i/m/o, HAYNOS is a better weapon. SPERRY remains to be seen. But if we got a really topshelf TE like GONZO or GATES, i/m/o it would do more for this "O" than "a big, #1 WR"!
As to that #1 WR, maybe I'd try A BRYANT in F/A, and let it go at that, unless someone fell into our lap.

imo A bryant is no better than what we have #2-#3 wr and he wants #1 money and besides that parcells has had trouble with him in the pass so imo if A bryant is all we are looking at i would rather keep what we have :confused:

:lol:
Not specific enough, #1.

43 TACKLES!:lol:

:confused:

imo A bryant is no better than what we have #2-#3 wr and he wants #1 money and besides that parcells has had trouble with him in the pass so imo if A bryant is all we are looking at i would rather keep what we have :confused:

Well I'm glad your opinion doesn't matter because Antonio Bryant is SIGNIFICANTLY better than any of our receivers - it's not even close.

In the middle of our defense is our biggest need right now coupled with getting another solid receiver.

Back
Top Bottom