Cris Carter to Decide Next Week | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cris Carter to Decide Next Week

Originally posted by scotgif
Bottom line on Carter IMO:
Can he help the fins win more games than we did last year?
No doubt.
We went 11-5 with no running game, and no real threat besides Chambers at the WR position.
Yes, the other guys we have are good players, but, they are not gamebreakers, or difference makers.
Chris Carter is, even at 36.
Break it down as simple as this:
If we had had him last year, and everything else was the same, I beleive we most likely would have had the first round playoff bye.
I think it is safe to say that he could have caught at least 5 TD's (to be very conservative).
Could those 5 more TD's have gotten us maybe 1 or 2 more wins, thus, giving us a better record and giving us the playoff bye?
I think so.
Now, this is all speculation, but, it makes sense.
Now, this says nothing about the defense, but, that is not his job.
His job is to improve our OFFENSE.
Our offense at times the last couple years has been brutal to watch, to be kind.
I say, bring him in here, lay the law down to him, get the money thing done, and let's go to the big one.
It's been too long.
You don't get that many chances to get close.
When your window of oppourtunity is there, you need to make the most of it.

If~If was a 5th, we'd all be funked up!

CCs numbers aren't that much better than any of our WRs from last year, when you take into account that Minny threw the ball about 100 times more than us last year, and that he had a better WR across from him taking ALL THE DOUBLE TEAMS!!!! and had a better QB throwing him the ball......

Is he still a good player? yes, is he what he used to be? Not even close.

I still agree with Brett Favre, no to CC. If Favre thought CC was a great leader don't you think he'd want him? Don't you think Favre knows Minny's personnel, especially a high profile player who he has been to numerous probowls with? GB needs WRs and they aren't even considering CC.......WHY??????

NO TO CC!!!

I dunno if they will release Gadsden. You can look at the trade as a way of replacing OJ McDuffie. If anyone, cut Ogden. We will lose nothing if we cut him. Minor is expected to return now.

Cut Gadsden? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oronde is a great possesion receiver...and yea I know his toes are screwed up, and he is not the fastest wideout we have, but that guy makes circus catches routine.

I for one would be pissed if they cut him.

If Carter comes in, I think it will be just a stand alone thing. Wanny doesn't seem real hot to talk to him right now anyway.

Do you think we would keep OG, CC Jr and Sr, Ward and McDrops and have Ward or Minor return punts ?
or
Do you think we would cut OG, Ward or McDrops and have Ogden or a rookie return punts ?

Seems to me the latter more than former, because of the cap :confused:

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE

If~If was a 5th, we'd all be funked up!
Humm--- were you saying the same thing when fans were posting,,,, THE WHAT IF'S,,,, when the Phins were trying to complete the trade for R-W's ????????
:confused: Marino1983

We are doing OK as for the cap now that we restructured for DG. That is true unless Wanny-Spiel is looking to add another name to the mix. It sounds like right now we are only going to go after a veteran DE, CC, and the rookies.
Cut Ogden... he will count nothing against the cap. That will save us about 225K. OG would probably be just under 1 million if we cut him ( I cant remember his cap hit ). For 700,000 dollars Ill take OG over Ogden any day!

This is the 1st post for me!!!!
But any way Cris Carter is a very good Wide out that we don't need.
We need O-line help and also Special Team help.

Sigh..my two cents.

Chris Carter is a talented receiver. We've all agreed to that. So lets put that fact to rest.

Can he still continue to be a force on the field? That's left to be seen. I've seen his past, and was impressed. But it's the future that's always uncertain.

Would I sign him? Only if he was better then our worst receiver. Is he? Opinion's vary.

Next, you have to look at his length of tenure. Is it worth it to sign him. Lets face facts, he won't come in and be 100% ready to play the "Miami Dolphin way". No one ever is. So consider this to be something to progress throughout the year.

Lastly, how well could he fit the team? Could he "connect" with Feidler mentally and be on the same page? Who knows.

I do know this. I do not want the Dolphins signing players for a year or two just to have one good year. Remember the last year for Shula? Remember the year after that? I just dont want another repeat of that. We went 11-5 last year, and I was happy for the most part with the exception of the JEST's. Bah, I digress.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled ass whoopin'

welcome a-board bigwalt18

Originally posted by bigwalt18
This is the 1st post for me!!!!
But any way Cris Carter is a very good Wide out that we don't need.
We need O-line help and also Special Team help.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
CCs numbers aren't that much better than any of our WRs from last year, when you take into account that Minny threw the ball about 100 times more than us last year, and that he had a better WR across from him taking ALL THE DOUBLE TEAMS!!!! and had a better QB throwing him the ball......

Is he still a good player? yes, is he what he used to be? Not even close.

I still agree with Brett Favre, no to CC. If Favre thought CC was a great leader don't you think he'd want him? Don't you think Favre knows Minny's personnel, especially a high profile player who he has been to numerous probowls with? GB needs WRs and they aren't even considering CC.......WHY??????

NO TO CC!!!

He had TODD BOWMAN and SUPRGERON WYNN throwing him the ball for about half the year. Don't go by CC's numbers last year.

Back
Top Bottom