Cris Carter to Decide Next Week | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cris Carter to Decide Next Week

Phinzone.com has a story up that andrea kremer is reporting Carter was turned down for a tv job already by one network, and that is when his interest in Miami started back up a few days ago. http://phinzone.com/

there is no doubt.........

the guy has talent, but for how much longer? i just don't think it worth the risk of upsetting the players on the team already, to bring him in for 1 or 2 years, the guy does have a mouth and could be another brian cox. cox was a player too, but the disruption he caused in the locker room and on the field, was pathetic!

Trust me on this. That 1.5 million deal isn't on the table anymore. I'm betting they try to sign him for 2/3rds of that.

if they can get him for a little

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Trust me on this. That 1.5 million deal isn't on the table anymore. I'm betting they try to sign him for 2/3rds of that.
then maybe it wouldn't be such a bad deal, if the guy starts creating problems, pay him off and get rid of him!

CC's numbers mean absolutely nothing last year. The Vikings never got the ball because they had no running game and their defense sucked. Everyone could drive on them. Plus he had sucky QB's throwing to him all year. Added to thefact that he had Moss also on the team (I know Moss was always double-covered but they still threw to him). Also, the whole offense struggled last year and it wasn't just Carter. They had no running game so everyone knew they were throwing every down (kind of like us, but now we do have one). The year before, they had Robert Smith and he is a hell of a lot better than little old Bennett or whatever his name is.

Carter is the redzone threat we need. He probably won't start but when we get in the redzone, he will get us the TD's we need that we didn't get last year.

CC does not like he's coming

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=1971

Wanne:
On if there’s anything new on Cris Carter
“No. I don’t really foresee anything happening, to be very honest with you. I know there’s a lot of speculation out there. I haven’t had any conversations with Cris in a long time. You never say never, but we’re fairly locked in to the direction that we’re going. I am assuming that he was also. I don’t foresee anything really materializing here in the near future.â€Â

On if he has a meeting set up with Cris Carter this week
“I don’t have anything set up. No."

As a lifelong Dolphins' fan and a Buckeye, I'd be thrilled if Carter signed with Miami. Breckenridge55 has some good points about last year and he even omitted one--the Vikings lost both their starting tackles before last season, and they didn't have much depth there. Last year was a horrible year for the entire Vikings organization, and not just Carter. Last year was also the year that all this "Cris Carter is a cancer" stuff started. Carter's behavior last year seemed to me to be a symptom of everything that went wrong with the Vikings, not the problem itself. No, he hasn't been a cub scout his whole life, but a lot of the same people who call Carter a cancer now were once praising his work ethic--he has a killer off season conditioning program and even gets teammates involved--and calling him a "coach on the field," and not in a negative sense. I see Carter as 2nd only to Jerry Rice in ability (he's had a lot more QB's than Rice had and not one hall of famer) and he hasn't had the injuries Rice had. As for whether he can adjust to Fiedler, Carter has caught 129 TD's from 11 different people in his career. Why should that end now? I, too, see him as the red zone threat we need, even if only to give Fiedler somewhere else to look besides Gadsden. Remember the game at Giants' stadium last year? This year that last drive ends in a TD and a win. I don't believe the negative hype about Carter and I think this team needs all the offensive options it can get. We do have some depth at WR, but the players we have complement each other, they're not interchangeable. The Playoff game vs. the Ravens showed that we're one sprained ankle away from being very unspectacular at WR. The defense is pretty much there, but it won't be playing at this high level forever. The time is now... And if Carter for some reason does become the problem everybody thinks he is? I trust the organization and the coaching staff to correct the problem.

Thanks for the link, Dolphan39. I would expect Dave's first meeting to be with a DE since the Dolphins didn't draft one. I just felt compelled to post because I think Carter would be a great addition to the team and I'm tired of all the Carter-bashing on this board.

carter would be a great addition to any

Originally posted by DPlus47
Thanks for the link, Dolphan39. I would expect Dave's first meeting to be with a DE since the Dolphins didn't draft one. I just felt compelled to post because I think Carter would be a great addition to the team and I'm tired of all the Carter-bashing on this board.
team, if he just played football!

I hate to say it but it doesn't look as though CC will come to Miami. Straight out of Dave's mouth he said he doesn't forsee it happening. Dave in his short time has never mixed words, or said something he doesn't mean. If he said it is unlikely than it is probably impossible.:mad:

carter is a good player.........

don't get me wrong, but so was brian cox. i got tired of making excuses there too!;)

Wanny's comments are a smoke screen. Miami is pretty much his only really viable option and by saying they don't see it happening he will have to lower his demands or play for a lesser team since his TV career is going nowhere.

If you can give me 1 other time Dave has played the smoke screen angle I will concede.

i don't know if he knew........

Originally posted by Dajesus
If you can give me 1 other time Dave has played the smoke screen angle I will concede.
but that bs when jj brought dave in as an asst. was bull. jj knew he was getting out before it happened, jj just wanted his buddy to get the job. fortunately for me, i like wanny. he's not too bad!:rolleyes:

I wouldn't compare Carter to Cox. Much of Cox' behavior as a Dolphin embarassed me, as much of it was pretty unrelated to football itself. I don't remember making any excuses there. I don't feel like I'm making excuses for Carter, though. How did you respond to people who knocked Marino for yelling at his teammates on the field? I told them he was a great competitor who didn't settle for less than 100% effort. I don't know what was really true--that's what I saw. I see a similar competitor in Carter, one who also sees his time running out. And before anyone pulls out the "he spurned the Rams for the Browns, he doesn't want to win" card, think about who has won the last three Super Bowls. The last one in particular. The Pats were a longshot for even a wildcard game at this point last year, so that makes pretty much everyone a contender. Back to the Carter-Cox thing, I agree, dolfan06, Cox is/was a good player, but I wouldn't use that adjective with Carter. Good players don't end up in Canton.

Back
Top Bottom