Cris Carter | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cris Carter

MJ analogy

:lol: I know all about MJ - what he acomplished, what he brought to his team and how HE changed Basketball. And CC is NO Michael Jordon.

C-Carter >>

I personally have no problem with the Phins bringing on Carter,, the situation in Minnesota was pure coaching debacle, Green let that players dictate how the team was run, and there clearly was no discipline on that unit whatsoever. I will agree that C-Carter can be immature at times (nothing like R-Moss) but if you look at the talent that Minnesota has had over the past couple seasons, and because of that, Carter was speaking out in frustration because of the lack of disciplne . Cris Carter can still draw the double teams, he will move the chains,and Carter can still make the circus catches when the pressure is on. His experience would make Gadsden, Mcknight, and Chambers all the more deadly in the Phins passing game! If WannSpeil can sign Carter at the veterans minimium,,I think he should be added to the mix of offensive weapons ... Marino1983 :D

I would be happy if we signed Carter, but we really just don't need him. We have enough good WRs already.

Basketball is completely different than football. In B-ball, one man can control a game all by himself. That can never, ever happen in football. No one man can control the game or change the game of football.

Oh, you mean like

Jim Brown,Walter Payton, or (gasp) Randy Moss can't controll a game I stand corrected.

There are plenty more examples but you get the drift.;)

Originally posted by Muck
Basketball is completely different than football. In B-ball, one man can control a game all by himself. That can never, ever happen in football. No one man can control the game or change the game of football.

I was making that comparison because both Olin Kreutz and Tracy McGrady used teams to get more money from other teams.

CC screwed up

Browns | The Rest of the Story on Carter - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
18:57 PT: ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli sheds some light on the breakdown in talks between the Cleveland Browns and WR Cris Carter (Vikings). The Browns were offering Carter a two-year, $4 million deal while Carter misunderstood and thought the team was throwing a four-year deal at him that would pay him $4 million annually. After he realized the mistake, it was too late to patch things up with the St. Louis Rams because he had just blown their meeting off to stick around in Cleveland.

we ain't getting him so hopefully he will get 4mil for 4 years :lol:

Re: Oh, you mean like

In basketball, players make shots (an offensive play) and steals (a defensive play) in a game all the time. In football except for rare cases (A cornerback returning an interception for a touchdown, or a quarterback tackling a defensive player who recovers a fumble), a player does not make plays on offense and defense.

Originally posted by Chisel Monkey
Jim Brown,Walter Payton, or (gasp) Randy Moss can't controll a game I stand corrected.

There are plenty more examples but you get the drift.;)

Brown dominated on offense, but did nothing on defense. Why? Because in football, unlike basketball, a player can't control what happens on offense and defense.

Moss is a punk, who does everything a good football player does not do. He is one of these flashy, all mouth no substance players who give hard working players a bad name.

Carter

He has been out casted by the NFL it seems. He is still a very good wr, and is interested in playing. He might take the league minimum so all this negative talk about him ends. Can you imagine that wr corps? Even Feidler could look like a hall of famer with CC,CC, Gadsen, Ward, and Mcknight, then you add in a great RB in Williams,+ an above average D. Excuse me while i drool.

Dajesus..............

Originally posted by Dajesus
He has been out casted by the NFL it seems. He is still a very good wr, and is interested in playing. He might take the league minimum so all this negative talk about him ends. Can you imagine that wr corps? Even Feidler could look like a hall of famer with CC,CC, Gadsen, Ward, and Mcknight, then you add in a great RB in Williams,+ an above average D. Excuse me while i drool.

I'd have to agree with you on the drooling part. If Cris would take the vet minimum, then I say SIGN him NOW!!!:eek:

Hey every one I am new to this chat, but i just want to congratulate every dolfan around the world because for the first time in years we actually have a shot at the superbowl!!! About Cris carter it seemed to me that he would like to come to miami since he lives here, besides with rw in town and resigning brock we have a legitimate shot...I say sell him the idea that he could win a superbowl with us, not with cleveland our any other team besides we are the only team in the league who hasnt dissed him....

Exactly. Basketball is a 5-on-5 sport. And everybody plays "both ways". Football is 11-on-11. And you have 22 different starters. 22 vs. 5. Odds are your great players are your hoopsters are gonna have a greater impact on the game individually.

Payton, Brown......they only control one facet of the game. Jordan and Chamerlain controlled the ENTIRE game. Shaq controls the game. He can't be stopped on on either end. Just like Jordan. It's just not the same, Monkey.

B is exactly right.

I love Cris Carter, he was a Buckeye, and I love the Buckeyes. BUT, I don't think there is any way in the world you will get him to come to Miami to play for the league minimum. He would never do it. I know he wants to say that it's only about winning now, and not about the money, but honestly. Everyone says that, that's just a nice thing to say and it has no relevance to anything because you offer them some little contract and they will reject it before they even realize it's with a team that could win the SUper Bowl next year. I like Carter, but he still wants to make some money while he plays, and I can't say I blame him. He's the Second Best WR in the history of the NFL...

Also can't say I don't like that prospect of Fiedler throwing to Chambers, Carter, McKnight, Gadsden, and Ward... That would be nice, but someone would leave... McKnight and Gadsden, neither of them would play #3, and I promise neither would play #4, so then we'd be wasting Chambers' talent.

Oh well... GO FINS!

They might not played on D but they changed how the other players did.

Back
Top Bottom