cromarty a possiblity? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cromarty a possiblity?

Nappy Roots said:
agreed. If Cromartie is truely 100% healthy and at our pick, i dont think i could pass him up. he could start immediatly, while moving Daniels to Free. but we both are fsu fans, so are we little biased? i doubt it, hes so highly thought of around college football.

question boomer, when was the last time a player made a jump after not playing a year like him?

I'm a Gator and I'll admit he's probably the top DB in the draft when fully healthy, toss up between him and Huff.

I would personally love to have the following:

sign ty law (since he will be cut by the jets)
trade ricky for a 1 and draft antonio Cromartie
Poole comes back healthy
Daniels to FS
draft polluck/blue a hard hitting SS with lots of speed and great tackling
convince madisen to come back cheaper.

do I think it will happen? nope

Boomer said:
He could easily do it. Remember, you have Madison, you have Poole who I think is a heck of a player, etc. You could easily kill 2 birds with one stone. He - Daniels - is the best tackler in the secondary, is rangy, good size, etc. Happy for him to stay at CB, but it's an option.

I don't know if Miami keeps Madison if they draft a cornerback in the first round.

I guess I also see moving a perfectly good corner to safty as a waste. Plus I don't think he has enough make up speed for free safty.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I don't know if Miami keeps Madison if they draft a cornerback in the first round.

I guess I also see moving a perfectly good corner to safty as a waste. Plus I don't think he has enough make up speed for free safty.

madisen's trade value is about only a 5th because of age and salary. The cap hit would be small to trade though.

He could be released for room for others like Law.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:

But he has enough make up speed for corner?

Odd argument.

Personally I'm happy for him to stay at CB, but he has the ability to move inside IF we draft Cromartie and IF Poole comes back 100% and they look our best #1/2 combo.

I could certainly see Ty Law in Miami or KC, depending on who offers most. Clearly he can still play.

Boomer said:
But he has enough make up speed for corner?

Odd argument.

Personally I'm happy for him to stay at CB, but he has the ability to move inside IF we draft Cromartie and IF Poole comes back 100% and they look our best #1/2 combo.

Maybe I am alone I just like my free safties to be one of the fastest players on the field. You don't have to be super fast and be a great cornerback. You can use more technique

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Maybe I am alone I just like my free safties to be one of the fastest players on the field. You don't have to be super fast and be a great cornerback. You can use more technique

IMO its the opposite. Free safeties have to be smart, be able to read and react quick, and they have to be able to make plays.

Brock Marion was the slowest player in our secondary, yet he make pro bowl after pro bowl.

Nappy Roots said:
IMO its the opposite. Free safeties have to be smart, be able to read and react quick, and they have to be able to make plays.

Brock Marion was the slowest player in our secondary, yet he make pro bowl after pro bowl.

I agree

Dol-Fan Dupree said:

Bottom line is that Daniels could do either.

Nappy Roots said:

no he wasn't Brock Marion was very fast. He was one of the fastest player on the team. One of the reasons he was the kick returner

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
no he wasn't Brock Marion was very fast. He was one of the fastest player on the team. One of the reasons he was the kick returner

i dont think so at all. He had zero make up speed. He was a playmaker, but was burnt quite often in his later years.

Nappy Roots said:
i dont think so at all. He had zero make up speed. He was a playmaker, but was burnt quite often in his later years.

that was more due to his smarts than his speed. The guy was fast.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
that was more due to his smarts than his speed. The guy was fast.

the same smarts that put him in position to pick off balls all year?

Nappy Roots said:
the same smarts that put him in position to pick off balls all year?

he made so many mental mistaks his final few years it was annoying. He did lose a few steps that allowed him to make up for those mistakes, however he was out of position so many times.

Back
Top Bottom