cromarty a possiblity? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cromarty a possiblity?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
he made so many mental mistaks his final few years it was annoying. He did lose a few steps that allowed him to make up for those mistakes, however he was out of position so many times.

heres something on him in 2000.

What is the scouting report on him these days?
Buchsbaum: Tough, inconsistent player with limited speed and range.

and 99

SCOUTING REPORT: FS Brock Marion is a fine tackler and is excellent in run support, doing exactly what the defense asks of him. But Marion's love of returning kickoffs seems to be hurting him because he's taking more hits. Although it hasn't affected him a lot in the regular defense, his kickoff returns suffered. He doesn't have the same burst he had before.

I generally think corners need to be much faster than safeties, whether free safety or strong safety. I actually don't think there's all that much difference between the two in our D...we have a left safety and right safety setup, but our plays are strong/weak side oriented so the right side of the OL being designated the strong side 70% of the time does differentiate our left safety from our right safety a little...but I don't think we flip safeties depending on which side is strong and which is weak.

Anyway...I agree with Boomer. Daniels has a full year of safety experience in Saban's defense at LSU. He could play either. Saban initially envisioned him at "star" corner which is the nickelback...but a possible move to safety has always been a possibility. It would be nice if we've got enough quality corners to make that happen. And I happen to think Daniels has pretty good make up speed and is at least as fast as Brock Marion ever was.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
no he wasn't Brock Marion was very fast. He was one of the fastest player on the team. One of the reasons he was the kick returner

Marion was pretty slow. Not all return men are Justin Gatlin.

Well he's the fastest man on the face of the earth so I'd imagine so.

Mod Edit: You have been warned for attacking other posters and circumventing the profanity filter. Please review the TOS before you get yourself banned.

I drafted Cromartie for the Dolphins in the finheaven mock draft and I got bashed for it!!!! Now that someone with a good rep like Boomer agrees that drafting Cromartie isn't a reach I want to hear some apologies:D . I'm going to just pull some quotes from that thread to show how dumb some people are.

This guy thinks my pick is "TOTALLY UNREALISTIC" and he knows what Saban is going to do.:fire: .....<removed by Moderator>
Finfanforever said:
This thread is a complete waste of time. NO WAY does Saban pass on Cutler @ #16 for a CB. TOTALLY UNREALISTIC. This re-minds me of when WANNY passed on Brees for Fletcher...RET@RTED!
This guy thinks it's funny to call me Rick Spielman:refuse:
Phins28 said:
:fire: :fire: :fire: Rick Spielman is that you?

This draft guru thinks I know nothing about the draft and very little about the phins.:shakeno:
He then tells me to stop hating on Cutler when all I did is pass on him for Cromartie.
dm416 said:
:chair:

Stop hating on Cutler. You obviously have no knowledge on the draft and know very little about the Dolphins
I obviously have no knowledge about the draft right.......:fire: <Removed by Moderator>

These so-called draft gurus got OWNED!!!!:grouplaug

SackArtist said:
I drafted Cromartie for the Dolphins in the finheaven mock draft and I got bashed for it!!!! Now that someone with a good rep like Boomer agrees that drafting Cromartie isn't a reach I want to hear some apologies:D . I'm going to just pull some quotes from that thread to show how dumb some people are.

This guy calls me WANNY and compares my pick to when we drafted Jamar Fletcher :fire: .....<Removed by Moderator>

This guy thinks it's funny to call me Rick Spielman:refuse:

This draft guru thinks I know nothing about the draft.:shakeno:
He then tells me to stop hating on Cutler when all I did is pass on him for Cromartie.
I obviously have no knowledge about the draft right.......:fire: <Removed by Moderator>

Real mature.

You caught flak because you took Cromartie when Cutler was still on the board, not because Cromartie was/is a reach. Everyone knows we need a QB. Don't make such a big deal about it.

SpeedRush99 said:
Real mature.

You caught flak because you took Cromartie when Cutler was still on the board, not because Cromartie was/is a reach. Everyone knows we need a QB. Don't make such a big deal about it.
If you want to take the time to read the thread you will find that I caught flak for reaching on Cromartie.

SackArtist said:
If you want to take the time to read the thread you will find that I caught flak for reaching on Cromartie.
The main reason was because Cutler was on the board. Some people may not have liked the Cromartie pick outright, but I remember the thread and most of it was because Cutler was on the board. You also have to take into account that he was out the whole year and most people don't really know much about him. I have no problem with us getting Cromartie, but if Cutler is there I don't think there is any chance unless we have already traded for a QB. And from the way it looked you only did that to get people upset. To further that you had the Cowboys pick Cutler. There is no chance of that.

sports24/7 said:
The main reason was because Cutler was on the board. Some people may not have liked the Cromartie pick outright, but I remember the thread and most of it was because Cutler was on the board. You also have to take into account that he was out the whole year and most people don't really know much about him. I have no problem with us getting Cromartie, but if Cutler is there I don't think there is any chance unless we have already traded for a QB. And from the way it looked you only did that to get people upset. To further that you had the Cowboys pick Cutler. There is no chance of that.
I did the Cowboys pick on purpose LOL (it's still a possibility though), but I wasn't playing around when I picked for the Phins. Most of you probably thought I was messing around when I passed on Cutler, but I don't jump on bandwagons like most people on this board. I wouldn't draft Cutler in the 1st round.

SackArtist said:

Huh? How did they get OWNED? Because Boomer thinks that depending on who's available, Cromartie may be the best pick?

I have ALOT of respect for Boomer, but just because he believes something doesn't mean someone else got OWNED. Should Cromartie get drafted at #16 or higher, then you can make that statement.

Personally, I think Cromartie is a top 5 quality pick. But, his health is a question mark at this point. A month ago, doctors wouldn't clear him to play in the Orange Bowl. Now if he shows up to the combine/pro day and shows he's completely healed then certainly he could be a super fast riser.

SackArtist said:
I did the Cowboys pick on purpose LOL (it's still a possibility though), but I wasn't playing around when I picked for the Phins. Most of you probably thought I was messing around when I passed on Cutler, but I don't jump on bandwagons like most people on this board. I wouldn't draft Cutler in the 1st round.
Jumping onto the bandwagon is much different than buying into hype. People are jumping on the bandwagon because they have done research on him and people who know what they are talking about like the guy and if you watch enough of him you'd be crazy not to be on the bandwagon with us. Jay Cutler is easily a 1st round QB whether you think so or not. Some people here seem to have this attitude that just because everyone is falling in love with him, they don't want to be a part of that and won't even give him a chance (and watching the Senior Bowl doesn't count). Here are the facts: The guy has a great arm, a lightning release, has great size, great athleticism, and great moxie. Those are all things that can't be taught. He can always work on his footwork and decision making. But with those tools he has the potential to be special. Now I'm not saying all of those people who say he is a top 5 pick are right, I do think that is hype, but to say he isn't a first round QB is just not true.

SackArtist said:

Believe it or not some people have actually seen him play quite a few times and have a solid basis for their opinion on him.

Back
Top Bottom