Croyle or Jacobs in the 2nd? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Croyle or Jacobs in the 2nd?

His attitude definitely throws me off (Jacobs). Also one thing I don't like is he doesn't seem to have that short memory you like to see. If he starts making some bad decisions, he REALLY starts making some bad decisions and it can last an entire game. That's a scary thing.

I've heard mixed reviews on his leadership. Some draftniks say he's got great leadership but I know that his coach wasn't very happy with his leadership skills...not saying he has bad character that's not the issue, just doesn't have that take charge leader in him. Generally his coach is a barking idiot though, but still you never like to see that kind of concern from his own coach.

Without Scott Linehan here, I think Omar Jacobs sinks down our boards a bit more.

playmaker1 said:
...then take Drew Olson of UCLA in the third. He impressed the Dolphins in Miami last week

Do you actually have a basis to make that statement or did you just toss it out there for the heck of it? I keep my thumb on a lot of sources of rumors and I've not heard word one of the Dolphins being impressed with Olson. If you just meant that Olson looked impressive at the QB Challenge in Miami last week, then don't say "he impressed the Dolphins in Miami last week" because that's pure 100% speculation that the Dolphins even gave two sh!ts and a fart about what Drew Olson did...

ckparrothead said:
His attitude definitely throws me off (Jacobs). Also one thing I don't like is he doesn't seem to have that short memory you like to see. If he starts making some bad decisions, he REALLY starts making some bad decisions and it can last an entire game. That's a scary thing.

I've heard mixed reviews on his leadership. Some draftniks say he's got great leadership but I know that his coach wasn't very happy with his leadership skills...not saying he has bad character that's not the issue, just doesn't have that take charge leader in him. Generally his coach is a barking idiot though, but still you never like to see that kind of concern from his own coach.

Without Scott Linehan here, I think Omar Jacobs sinks down our boards a bit more.

I agree with the talk on his attitude, but I don't think it is that he dosn't have a will to win, he just expresses it differently.
And about the leadership, his teammates like and respect him, but he really isn't a vocal leader. Everytime I read sometime about him that considers him a great leader I have to scratch my head. The coach is a idiot, but before Omar was a very vocal and emotional leader I Josh Harris and I'm sure he wanted to see more of that in Omar, I know I did.

This is the X factor with Jacobs- "Can he be coached?"

I dont like Jacobs, he fits more of a west coast system then here. I dont think he fits us very well.

Grabowski, Whitehurst and Jacobs are all good for the west coast offenses.

I like Cutler and Croyle the most for their big arms to expand down the fields.

you might be able to get Croyle in the 3rd but there is a good chance he is gone to the jets in the 3rd

Finsfan79 said:
I dont like Jacobs, he fits more of a west coast system then here. I dont think he fits us very well.

Grabowski, Whitehurst and Jacobs are all good for the west coast offenses.

I like Cutler and Croyle the most for their big arms to expand down the fields.

you might be able to get Croyle in the 3rd but there is a good chance he is gone to the jets in the 3rd

What? I think Whitehurst and Jacobs can throw the ball down the field comparably with Croyle and Cutler. All of those guys have above average arms.

ckparrothead said:

Do you actually have a basis to make that statement or did you just toss it out there for the heck of it? I keep my thumb on a lot of sources of rumors and I've not heard word one of the Dolphins being impressed with Olson. If you just meant that Olson looked impressive at the QB Challenge in Miami last week, then don't say "he impressed the Dolphins in Miami last week" because that's pure 100% speculation that the Dolphins even gave two sh!ts and a fart about what Drew Olson did...

Actually I read they had a private meeting with him and liked what they saw. Do I really think they are gonna take him, probally not. Just an idea though. He could be a second day steal, you never know man

playmaker1 said:
Actually I read they had a private meeting with him and liked what they saw. Do I really think they are gonna take him, probally not. Just an idea though. He could be a second day steal, you never know man

Read where?

If Mularkey can make chicken salad out of chicken s--t like Kordell and Maddox, then Jacobs is looking MIGHTY FINE as a future FIN.

Back
Top Bottom