Croyle vs Whitehurst | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Croyle vs Whitehurst

WttaM

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have read several articles on how we are looking at Brodie Croyle. With Croyle's history of injuries, would Whitehust not be a better pick. He's bigger, faster and has a stronger arm......what gives?

no idea but it would make perfect since for this franchise to go after croyle to add to the legacy of scrub QBs since marino retired. i'd go with whitehurst.

With that logic don't you think Whitehurst will be gone by the time we draft? :wink:

WttaM said:
I have read several articles on how we are looking at Brodie Croyle. With Croyle's history of injuries, would Whitehust not be a better pick. He's bigger, faster and has a stronger arm......what gives?

Whitehurst does not have a stronger arm and is much more mistake prone.

Why is everybody so high on Croyle in the first place? Alabama's offense was terrible last year. If he is so good, he should have been able to put up more points and better stats.

I remember Alabama winning games wtih single digits and relying on the defense to carry them.

dlockz said:
Whitehurst does not have a stronger arm and is much more mistake prone.

yes sir! right on the dot

Ryan1973 said:
Why is everybody so high on Croyle in the first place? Alabama's offense was terrible last year. If he is so good, he should have been able to put up more points and better stats.

Croyle did put up some good numbers before Prothro went down. After that the o-line was beat up with injuries and the other recivers didn't step up. Guess you didn't see Croyle light up the Gaytors... :wink:

FireInTheNole said:
Croyle did put up some good numbers before Prothro went down. After that the o-line was beat up with injuries and the other recivers didn't step up. Guess you didn't see Croyle light up the Gaytors... :wink:

I know I saw it. As I recall, Alabama was a fairly heavy underdog in that game and won it like 31-3. Croyle could do no wrong.

Isn't that also when Prothro went down?

I like both those QB's but for some reason I feel they're not going to be outstanding players at this level.

Ryan1973 said:

Stats aren't everything.

WttaM said:
give me Whitehurst any day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The difference with Croyle is he knows where to go with the ball. In other words, he can read defenses. I haven't seen much of Whitehurst, but I think both have a lot of untapped ability.

Back
Top Bottom