Croyle vs Whitehurst | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Croyle vs Whitehurst

Jimmy James said:
I know I saw it. As I recall, Alabama was a fairly heavy underdog in that game and won it like 31-3. Croyle could do no wrong.

Isn't that also when Prothro went down?

Yeah he went down with like 8 or 10 min left in the fourth quarter. That whole team changed after his injury. After that, the defence was winning the games for them.

FireInTheNole said:
Croyle did put up some good numbers before Prothro went down. After that the o-line was beat up with injuries and the other recivers didn't step up. Guess you didn't see Croyle light up the Gaytors... :wink:
Did not see Croyle light up the Gators, but I just went back and looked at the game stats. I also noticed Whitehust lit up FSU and almost beat the Canes. I guess anyone can have a good day.

WttaM said:
Did not see Croyle light up the Gators, but I just went back and looked at the game stats. I also noticed Whitehust lit up FSU and almost beat the Canes. I guess anyone can have a good day.

I don't think Whitehurst lit up anybody all season... He would throw screen passes to Chansi Stuckey and he would light up defences.. :wink:

WttaM said:

hahaha I liked that!!!! :D

....and you're right

I'd take Croyle or even Jacobs over Whitehurst any day...

Whitehurst did have a decnt day vs Miami, but he did miss 2 wide open passes that would have won the game. I am in grad school at Clemson, went to every game, so I feel like I have seen enough of whitehurst to say that we should not draft him. His arm is not that strong and he can not throw the long ball. He also makes very poor decisions.

As far as Croyle goes, I think he would make a much better QB in the NFL. He has a much stronger arm and seems to make much better decisions. Remember that he was without his only deep threat for much aof the season and his OLine gave him 0 protection.

I would rather have Jacobs over Croyle or Whitehurst. I just think he will be a better pro. As far as Croyle losing his top receiver, if he was any good, he still should have been able to put up more points. Look how well Cutler did without any great skill players.

As a Bama alum,I've watched Brodie for four years.He had
no offensive line,After Protho went down,Bama also lost
DJ Hall ,their 2nd leading reciever.The rest of the recievers
couldn't catch anything consistantly.Also If Brodie doesn't
have the knee injury,he is probaly a low 1st round pick.
At no time is Whitehurst or Jacobs thought of in that light.
peace out.

Ryan1973 said:
I would rather have Jacobs over Croyle or Whitehurst. I just think he will be a better pro. As far as Croyle losing his top receiver, if he was any good, he still should have been able to put up more points. Look how well Cutler did without any great skill players.

Cutler had a better offensive line and recievers.

Croyle is better than Whitehurst, Croyle is a leader and he has a stronger arm than Whitehurst, besides, Croyle didn't have any good wide-receiver around (Prothro was injured) and he has good mobility in pocket... I would like that Miami sign Croyle in second round, he is a good player with top intangibles.

Namor said:
Cutler had a better offensive line and recievers.

Oh really? How many players from Vanderbilt do you think will go pro over the players from Alabama? That is a stupid statement. Its laughable in fact. :sidelol:

Ryan1973 said:
Oh really? How many players from Vanderbilt do you think will go pro over the players from Alabama? That is a stupid statement. Its laughable in fact. :sidelol:

Look up the stats.How many Bama games did you see.
I went to Bama.I was at most of them,saw all of them.
Saw most of Vandy's (taped off JP Sports,love SEC)
the one senior offensive lineman got hurt .See what
happens when you have Freshmen and sophs at the
offensive line ,same with recievers. Now go check
what Cutler had.

Namor said:
Look up the stats.How many Bama games did you see.
I went to Bama.I was at most of them,saw all of them.
Saw most of Vandy's (taped off JP Sports,love SEC)
the one senior offensive lineman got hurt .See what
happens when you have Freshmen and sophs at the
offensive line ,same with recievers. Now go check
what Cutler had.

I don't buy it. If they switched teams and Cutler was at Alabama, they would have had a much better offense than they did with Croyle.

I dont really care for Croyle, but I care even less for Whitehearst (who seems like a career backup to me). Omar Jacobs is promising, but I feel like Saban hasnt been watching him as closely and I dont see us getting him. I guess Croyle is better than nothing though, and I wouldn't care who our youngin' was as long as we had Brees too!

Back
Top Bottom