Croyle vs Whitehurst | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Croyle vs Whitehurst

Ryan1973 said:
I don't buy it. If they switched teams and Cutler was at Alabama, they would have had a much better offense than they did with Croyle.

Don't care if you buy it.....look it up,truth hurts (age of offensive linemen and recievers.) Plus when Bama lost
their 2 best recievers,they dummied down the offense
toward the running game and a great defense.A young
offensive line will get you killed.Now don't get me wrong
I think Cutler will be great,I just think Brodie will too.
Plus to me there is more value with Brodie as a 2nd
round pick than Cutler as a top 5 pick.

SleepWithDaFish said:
And how many interceptions did Whitehurst throw in 2005???

Look how many INTs Omar Jacobs had. Then tell me who you would rather have.

Whitehurst is the better choice

I have posted other times on this site about my opinion of Charlie Whitehurst. He is a tall, strong armed QB that can make any throw....the deep bomb, the fade, the touch pass...which i have seen plenty of through the years he played at CLemson. I have seen him in person, and he is a pocket type passer, but strong at the same time. He just has that "IT" factor, just seeing him in a game. He can manage a game, and he can win it if necessary. Clemson had a lot of games where he had to make a drive to finish it out, or make that perfect throw. He did have a down year in 2005, but he also went through 3 Offensive Coordinators, so he had to learn a lot of different things in a s hort time. He is also quicker than most people think, he isnt Vick by any stretch, but he also isn't drew bledsoe, he has that pocker passer look and arm for it, but can also get some yards with his legs.

ON the other hand, i didnt see many Bama games, but like others said, their offense was pitiful last year as many people always said "if they had an offense..."...so how good was their QB????

I would take Charlie over him, he has the brains, his Dad was a QB, he grew up around that...and he just has all the right tools, with a good QB coach, he has a lot more potential..and he should be there in the 2nd round, i would say, unless there is a run on QB's.....i dont see him or Croyle going 1st round......Cutler, Young, Leinart are.

whitehurst is fool's gold. he's got all of the measurables, but his decision making and play under pressure bring up two big red flags.
croyle has proven to be a very good qb when he's been healthy, and that's his biggest concern. he's got a great arm and makes good decisions, but his is durability will determine what kind of qb he becomes in the pros. i'd take croyle over whitehurst- his decision making is way too shoddy for my blood.

Phishstix said:
whitehurst is fool's gold. he's got all of the measurables, but his decision making and play under pressure bring up two big red flags.
croyle has proven to be a very good qb when he's been healthy, and that's his biggest concern. he's got a great arm and makes good decisions, but his is durability will determine what kind of qb he becomes in the pros. i'd take croyle over whitehurst- his decision making is way too shoddy for my blood.

:yeahthat: ...exactly

Phishstix said:

I disagree with the fact you say his decision making and play under pressure big up red flags?? He won many, many games for Clemson on last minute drives, I would say that is under pressure...he also won some big games in Clemson's past 3 year history, I would say that is being under pressure. As far as decision m aking, chooses the right target way more than he doesn't. I dont see how Croyle is better, but then again i didnt see him play much...id have to study some tape, but Whitehurst's weakness isnt falling down under pressure, he steps up......when clemson has needed wins, he has delivered the past 3 seasons...so that is far from the truth.

LKAT said:
I disagree with the fact you say his decision making and play under pressure big up red flags?? He won many, many games for Clemson on last minute drives, I would say that is under pressure...he also won some big games in Clemson's past 3 year history, I would say that is being under pressure. As far as decision m aking, chooses the right target way more than he doesn't. I dont see how Croyle is better, but then again i didnt see him play much...id have to study some tape, but Whitehurst's weakness isnt falling down under pressure, he steps up......when clemson has needed wins, he has delivered the past 3 seasons...so that is far from the truth.

Being a Bama alum,I'm biased towards Croyle ,but I rather
have Whitehurst before Jacobs.

Croyle/Whitehurst "facts"

LKAT said:
Beat me to the punch..people that do not like the guy will simply not like him...facts be darned. 9 fourth qtr. comebacks in his career, 5 wins over top 10 teams (this is Clemson we are talking about!!), 3 year starter, great size, decent feet, and big arm. If people do not like him for his decision making or some other reason....OK, even that is debatable, but the fact is this guy IS a pressure QB and played his best games against BETTER teams. The major concern with Whitehurst should be his shoulder NOT his performance under pressure. Smart and good pedigree, father was NFL QB. Also performed while having 3 different OC's in 4 seasons... Voted by 70% of teammates as "most inspirational teammate".

Croyle-2 year starter, often injured....elbow disllocation, torn labrum, torn ACL in BOTH knees, and 2 concussions. Best games were against ... Southern Miss, Utah State, Ole Miss and Texas Tech...also the florida gaqme where Florida layed an egg and Croyle picked on Jarvis Herring all day...by the way Herring ran a 4.9 at safety at the combine. 2 4th qtr. comebacks in career ... 1 a line drive field goal that snuck thru the uprights after Bama failed to convert on 2nd and 3 and 3rd and 3.

Both have the tools, but IMO Croyle might be even MORE of a risk than Whitehurst.....if posters don't like Whitehurst, at least get the facts correct and state the REAL reason for not liking the guy. He is not the value of Lienart, Cutler or even young, but IMO far above the risk factor you take with wrong sideline stick boy Croyle...who might also be a good NFL QB...just a lot of risk for a 2 or high 3 IMO...

my 2 cents said:
Beat me to the punch..people that do not like the guy will simply not like him...facts be darned. 9 fourth qtr. comebacks in his career, 5 wins over top 10 teams (this is Clemson we are talking about!!), 3 year starter, great size, decent feet, and big arm. If people do not like him for his decision making or some other reason....OK, even that is debatable, but the fact is this guy IS a pressure QB and played his best games against BETTER teams. The major concern with Whitehurst should be his shoulder NOT his performance under pressure. Smart and good pedigree, father was NFL QB. Also performed while having 3 different OC's in 4 seasons... Voted by 70% of teammates as "most inspirational teammate".

Croyle-2 year starter, often injured....elbow disllocation, torn labrum, torn ACL in BOTH knees, and 2 concussions. Best games were against ... Southern Miss, Utah State, Ole Miss and Texas Tech...also the florida gaqme where Florida layed an egg and Croyle picked on Jarvis Herring all day...by the way Herring ran a 4.9 at safety at the combine. 2 4th qtr. comebacks in career ... 1 a line drive field goal that snuck thru the uprights after Bama failed to convert on 2nd and 3 and 3rd and 3.

Both have the tools, but IMO Croyle might be even MORE of a risk than Whitehurst.....if posters don't like Whitehurst, at least get the facts correct and state the REAL reason for not liking the guy. He is not the value of Lienart, Cutler or even young, but IMO far above the risk factor you take with wrong sideline stick boy Croyle...who might also be a good NFL QB...just a lot of risk for a 2 or high 3 IMO...

Stickboy will be drafted higher than Whitehurst. end game

Namor said:
Stickboy will be drafted higher than Whitehurst. end game

You are Probably correct, but it is only our opinion and as noted below, higher pick does not equal better NFL QB ...... of note:

82:Art Schlichter was the QB picked before Jim McMahon
83:Ken O'brien before some guy named Marino
84:Rick McIvor before Jay Schroder
85:John Conner before Doug Flutie
86:Doug Gaynor before Mark Rypien
87:Mark Vlasick before Steve Buerlien and rich Gannon
88:Jeff Francis before Rodney Peete
89:peter Tom willis before Niel O'donnell
91:Dan McGwire and Todd Marijuanovich before Brett Favre
92:Chris Hakel before Jeff blake and TJ Rubley before Ty Detmer
93:Gino Toretta before Alex Van Pelt, Elvis Grback and Trent Green
95:Todd Collins before Kordell Stewart
97:Jim Drunkenmiller before Jake Plummer
98:John Dutton before Matt Hasselback
99:Akili Smith before Daunte Culpepper
00:Tee Martin before Marc Bulger and Spergon Wynn before Tom Brady

Where does everyone get that Croyle has a better arm?

That doesn't jibe with what I've been told from the combine. I saw a report on NFL network from one of their 'experts' that Whitehurst, despite a shoulder surgery 3 month ago threw 2nd best at the combine (behind Cutler). I've got it TiVo'd.

Back
Top Bottom