Cut List for Next Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut List for Next Year

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
I thought since you all are wondering.

Perry, Ruddy, Fiedler, Griese, Marion(may re-sign him for depth at a cheaper price, cannot tackle or cover anymore), Knight if we change defensive scheme, McKnight, Thompson, and trade Fletcher for a 7th.

You will not see Fiedler cut....I guarantee you if we decide not to keep him, teams will line up looking to trade for him.

Trade for Fiedler and his 5m contract of next year? Uh yah.... With this talented QB draft and a couple of good free agents. Passed it over you have had that thing for too long, let the rest of us enjoy it.:lol:

I have the following:

Perry, Ruddy, McKnight, Thompson, Fletcher (nobody is giving us a 7th for him), Mare (if we can find somebody better or just as good who is cheaper), Turk (ditto what I said for Mare), and anybody who else who might be overpaid if they won't take a paycut and the cap hit isn't too bad.

As to Fiedler and Griese, I'd rather have Fiedler. I think we have to keep one of the two. If Griese will be substantially cheaper, I could understand letting Fiedler go. The key is bringing in new blood to compete with the one we keep.

For re-structuring we extend Surtain's deal to 2008. We sign Madison again with a much cheaper deal to 2006.

Living here in Vegas, I deal daily with fans from nearly every team in the league....and almost all of them ask me why Dolphins fans are so down on Jay. Its a rare scenario...but he is much more appreciated by other teams fans than what he is on his own home turf. If we were to get rid of him.......I guarantee you that we could get at least a first and a third round pick for him. However, I hope it don't come to that....many Dolphins fans will never appreciate how good he is until he's gone.

The whole secondary besides Surtain and Buckley.

The whole offensive line

Derrius Thompson

Ummm no not the whole offensive line. Bulk up Smith and work him hard he will do well at LT. Again I will say it he was not supposed to be tossed into the fire this season. Give hime time. McKinney is solid and needs more playing time, next year he will take over at C. Nails will get healthy again and play RG. AT LG we need to draft. At RT get the big singing of the off-season in John Tait.

No team is going to trade for Fiedler when they can get him for free. If Fiedler doesn't want to be a Dolphin, he will refuse to move his roster bonus back or renegotiate his contract. In that case, he's going to free agent land to strike the best deal he can find.

Originally posted by dean_siu
If we were to get rid of him.......I guarantee you that we could get at least a first and a third round pick for him. However, I hope it don't come to that....many Dolphins fans will never appreciate how good he is until he's gone.

Are you kidding me?? You're saying that we could get at least a #1 and a #3 for Jay?? :eek: I wish I lived in that universe. :)

What would we get for Ricky then. Four first rounders?:lol:

Originally posted by Jaj
I thought since you all are wondering.

and trade Fletcher for a 7th.
thats rather optimistic, think we can get a seventh for fletcher. i think somebody might pay us to keep him!:rolleyes:

Nah usually stupid teams with lots of picks give 7ths for former first rounders. Happens all the time.

Originally posted by Muck

Are you kidding me?? You're saying that we could get at least a #1 and a #3 for Jay?? :eek: I wish I lived in that universe. :)

I think most teams in the NFL would gladly pay that for a pro bowl calibar QB.....after all, we gave up 2 #1's for a pro bowl calibar RB.....I think a QB is just as important to a team (if not more so) than a RB

Back
Top Bottom