Cut List for Next Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut List for Next Year

dean.. seriously, you are delusional as these Griese fans.. Fiedler wouldnt even fetch a 4th rounder...

I think you'd be surprised.....remember, the Bills gave up a #1 for Bledsoe and Fiedler is better and younger.....I think a #1 and a #3 is the least we'd get for him.

Fiedler is older and Bledsoe is better.

OK...so Fiedler is one year older....but he has almost 100 less games of wear and tear on his body (he's been in the league for 3 less years and didn't start as early in his career). Jay will still be playing when Drew hangs it up.....if we traded him for anything less than a #1 and a #3....I'd be pissed (I wouldn't even trade him for 2 #1's myself though)

Wow.. You are clinically insane... Fiedler is in no way worthy of 2 #1s... You think he is a Ricky Williams type player?

Yes I do.....I don't care if you had Dan Marino with this supporting cast....the numbers would not be incredible. The fact that Jay can win and win often with a below average line and one decent receiver shows me what this guy is made of....if he had talent all around him, its scarey what he could accomplish.

dean_siu, as mcuh as I would love to agree with you..you are completely wrong. Noone would give us that much for Jay..noone, he is no Pro Bowl Caliber QB either...at least he hasn't shown it. And Fiedler is not better nor older than Bledsoe.

I think that the Fins should release all of their Unrestricted FA except for T-Buck, Ayanbadejo, Turk, and Hendricks. I'd trade Fiedler, Leonard Henry, and DT for an Offensive Lineman. With Fiedler's big contract gone, the Fins would have a better chance to resign Ogunleye and a couple of FAs. Also the Fins should try to sign OT Orlando Pace, OT Walter Jones, OG Adam Timmerman, or if there's enough, sign Terrell Owens.

Originally posted by Prime Time
dean_siu, as mcuh as I would love to agree with you..you are completely wrong. Noone would give us that much for Jay..noone, he is no Pro Bowl Caliber QB either...at least he hasn't shown it. And Fiedler is not better nor older than Bledsoe.

I agree his stats haven't shown it....but you have to look past the stats sometimes. You have to look at the supporting cast and what it does for an individual.

For instance, Tommy Maddox is not that good of a QB in Pittsburgh....however, having receivers like Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress will make any QB look good. If Jay had receviers like these (along with a line that was at least average)....he would be a pro bowl QB. When you are living with targets like Gadsden, McKnight, etc. over the course of his career, it makes things much tougher.

And Jay is actually a year older than Bledsoe....I didn't think so either, but I did look it up and that is the case. I think Jay must have been older coming out of school.

Originally posted by dean_siu
I think most teams in the NFL would gladly pay that for a pro bowl calibar QB

Yes they would. Unfortunately for your fantasy scenario, Jay is far from a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

Originally posted by RikWriter

Yes they would. Unfortunately for your fantasy scenario, Jay is far from a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

He is...unfortunately, he's never had the supporting cast to help him demonstrate it.

I had to accuse somebody of being Griese's mom a few weeks ago, and I'm now about to accuse dean of being Fiedler's mom.

I'd accuse him of being a troll, but he's not acting quite outrageously enough for that...

I say we cut Fiedler and Griese and sign Mark Brunell. The only person I want back on the line is Wade Smith. Everyone else has to go. I also think we need to cut Brock Marion, Jay Williams, and Olindo Mare.

Dan Marino would never be a hall of famer with this supporting cast.....football is a team sport and you can't post awesome numbers when you are surrounded with inferior talent. I don't know why many of you fail to see this.

Look at the downgrade in Griese's performance from last year.....although he was not an MVP last year in Denver, he was a solid performer who led them to several victories. If he started here all season long, we'd be lucky to go 3-13 due to defeciences on the line and the receiving corps.

We could go get Brett Favre in the offseason and it wouldn't make any difference...this offense would still be unproductive....change is needed on our offense but QB is the least of this team's worries.

Originally posted by dean_siu
You will not see Fiedler cut....I guarantee you if we decide not to keep him, teams will line up looking to trade for him.

Is there a team that stupid? If the Jags can't trade Brunell, you think we can trade Fee Fee? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom