cut mare | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cut mare

im not tryin to get people mad but it could also be the holders fault on some of them... i mean come on not everyone is perfect how about we get a new kicking coach or what ever .... we cant find a good kicker for the money

There is a kicker out there that could compete with Mare and that is Martin Gramatica. I know the stats and the oblems with Gramatica, but he just had surgery to repair a problem that has been bothering him for the last three years. Assuming he heals to 100%, he could be a good gamble if he can return to his winning ways. Drafting a kicker next year is not going to happen, cause if Saban wants to draft a kicker, he should have done it this year.

im not tryin to get people mad but it could also be the holders fault on some of them... i mean come on not everyone is perfect how about we get a new kicking coach or what ever .... we cant find a good kicker for the money

I would like to blame some of his misses on the marlins, I mean some of his kicks were from the dirt and mud

Someone I remember watching last year was Mat Payne, P/K BYU, I dont know why I remebered him, but I did, thought he was pretty good, any thoughts.

PHINPHOURLIFE said:

I would like to blame some of his misses on the marlins, I mean some of his kicks were from the dirt and mud

Laces out, Turk, laces out.

Agua said:
That's the thing: you can't just cut the guy unless there's somebody better available. He's still good on touchbacks and onside kicks.

There is no one else better!

Martel said:
Sweet thanks for the info!!! What kind of year will A.J. have? Chambers? Will you help me draft my fantasy team??? Your vast football knowledge and ability to see in to the future could really help me out. Thanks again!!

That was very funny :lol:

mare

mare will win some games for us , but he will lose a few as well...

Great insight. :lol:

I think Zach will make a tackle this year and AJ might throw a completion but he also will throw some incomplete passes. :lol:

dolfan2010 said:
im tired of this guy's bad kicks,we need a new kicker!!!!Last yr he missed alot the yr before he cost us the pats game by missing (2)30 yard kicks!!!missing 40 yard kicks at mini camp..wow has he fallen from the RANKS!!!!But the biggest thing im tired of is his high salary too!!!! What do we pay this guy anyways over 2 million a yr....way too much money on a kicker!!!
Mare's decline can be soley traced back to the departure of Doug Blevins.

PHINPHOURLIFE said:

Interesting anology, most of us have thought about that and have come to reason with this issue...BUT....

Since 2002 Mare has been 10/17 (58% accuracy) from September through the end of October, which is generaly when the team plays on the dirt infield...

So what has been our opponents accuracy during that time?

Opponents kickers have been 15/20 (75%), during the same time frame...

Does it seem that our opponents are kicking better then Mare in the same conditions? :confused:

I remember Mare saying he didnt need to practice on the dirt infield and then miss a kick from there soon after.There is no excuse for that.He should have mastered a technique to kick from there by now.

IMO opinion his contract should be incentive based so he will be motivated to make the big kicks.

Mare is still one the best kickoff and on side kickers in the NFL.Thats worth something
but he has to make the money kicks consistently to be a top FG kicker.

dolfan2010 said:
im tired of this guy's bad kicks,we need a new kicker!!!!Last yr he missed alot the yr before he cost us the pats game by missing (2)30 yard kicks!!!missing 40 yard kicks at mini camp..wow has he fallen from the RANKS!!!!But the biggest thing im tired of is his high salary too!!!! What do we pay this guy anyways over 2 million a yr....way too much money on a kicker!!!

Here we go again....Mare is still the 4 or 5 most accurate kicker in the league and his KOs are better than just about anyone elses. He had a bad year two years ago that included an injury that he tried to play thru. The 30 yard kicks you are referring to were in the Pats game and that has been discussed over and over...there was more to that game than his missed kicks. (IMHO, the blame for that loss rests squarely on the shoulders of Wanny and the defense, but that has been discussed already). His salary is commensurate with his abilities. Besides, the onus rests squarely on his shoulders (er, foot as it were) to have a comeback good year. If not, then I also will be on the "cut Mare" bandwagon and as you mentioned, strickly due to his high salary cap hit and lack of production. Let's move on to an area where we KNOW we have questions, like DL, secondary, OL, etc...

Back
Top Bottom