Cutler headed for a fall? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler headed for a fall?

BSQX4 said:
If Cutler is such a big star why didn't he go to the U of Miami or Notre Dame or some other major power? Why, if he's so dominant did he end up at Vandy? Was he not that great coming out of High School? I ask these questions because I don't know.

I simply take Cutler for what he is. A very good prospect. He is not all world and has never proven it whatsoever in any way. He in reality is a project who could be great in two-three years, if he developes in the NFL atmosphere. but if he comes in with a big head and thinks he is all world, then he will be surprised and then lose confidence. I think the worst thing that could happen to Jay cutler has already happened, and it has nothing to do with his combine results or workouts.

finfan54 said:
but if he comes in with a big head and thinks he is all world, then he will be surprised and then lose confidence. I think the worst thing that could happen to Jay cutler has already happened, and it has nothing to do with his combine results or workouts.

Completely disagree, in that sense he has an advantage over both Leinart and Young. He's been on a struggling team, he knows how to handle it.

finfan54 said:
I think the article is right on and is what i have been saying all along. I dont care what anyone says, Cutler is overrated and VY is being downed by people who are basing something on what happened at the combine. The combine is becomes a deciever in the market. I only go by what my own two eyes see in the end.
i thought cutler was good long before the combine and senior bowl (i've watched him for years) and i thought young was overrated from the getgo. and you say what you've seen with your own eyes, but i doubt you've seen cutler play.

finfan54 said:
I simply take Cutler for what he is. A very good prospect. He is not all world and has never proven it whatsoever in any way. He in reality is a project who could be great in two-three years, if he developes in the NFL atmosphere. but if he comes in with a big head and thinks he is all world, then he will be surprised and then lose confidence. I think the worst thing that could happen to Jay cutler has already happened, and it has nothing to do with his combine results or workouts.
you keep assuming he has a bad attitude and is extremely arrogant, yet you have nothing to substantiate that. if anything, young is the one with the big head.

arsenal said:
you kno cutler reminds me of kyle boller... strong arm, good athleticism, rising up the boards...

i remember when boller was coming out, carson palmer and byron leftwich were the top 2 QBs, but after senior bowl, combine, prodays, everyone put boller into that mix and some even said he could/should go higher than leftwich...

kinda like lienart and young, and cutler getting into the mix... boller had all the measurables you could want in a QB, just like cutler does... kinda eerily similar

I totally agree with you. Will be interesting to see what happens on draft day.

Thanks motion for the good info. Wow, he was physical enough to play Safety. Tough guy.

Back
Top Bottom