cutler to lions doesnt make sense | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cutler to lions doesnt make sense

amir7 said:
in alot of mock drafts i see the lions taking cutler, why? im hearing that they plan on giving harrington another try. im also pretty sure millen fired mariuci becaused he started garcia over harrington. plus, millen knows he on really thin ice and this year will determine his future with the lions. so why would he take a qb that would need 2-3 years to develope. i think he drafts a player who can jump in and contribute right away such as michael huff,tamba hali,winston justice etc. so i dont think cutler will go to the lions, but weirder things have happened in the past. any thoughts

Maybe a better question is why wouldn't the Lions take Cutler if top defensive players at their positions OLB Hawk, DE Williams, DT Ngata & DB Huff are gone at #9. IMO that would leave OT Justice, RB Williams, & QB Cutler the choices as the next best players available.

Why RB Williams? Would have to consider Williams a very special talent to take him over Millen's guy RB K. Jones after 2 years than QB Cutler over his guy QB Harrington after 4 years.
T Justice: Only in consideration if Detroit loses free agent LT Backus.

Other defensive players passed over and why:

OLB Greenway: having OLB Bailey & Lehman and a deep LB draft, QB Cutler is a better choice
DB Williams: think his "tweener" CB/S status and character concerns drop him from consideration.
DE Kiwanuka: think he's dropped out of top 10 consideration because he is not NFL ready
DE Hali: this could be the guy for a former defensive line coach, but not a top 10 talent for now.

Don't buy Millen being run out of town for not taking a defensive player that may or may not have an impact in 2006 instead of QB Cutler. Especially considering the how unpopular QB Harrington is in Detroit. Those are some of the reasons many see Cutler going to Detroit at #9.

I am not on the Cutler wagon right now. I was just not that impressed with who he was supposed to be. To me, I would have him on my board around 20-25 and that is considering that QB's are a commodity. Seriously, a QB has to be a leader. And he had that Senior bowl all to himself to prove how good he was and he kind of flopped. Then he got interviewed and brushed off the bad play with a ****y attitude. I dont mind ****y attitudes when you play great, but when you flop, you get the feeling of Ryan Leaf moreso than Peyton Manning.
There were some dropped balls right on the numbers however. I do think Cutler has skills. Its his brains i wonder about. He might be a bright kid, but confidence in your abilities does not shine through for me with Cutler. I think he is more like a Kerry Collins type.

the reason he was "****y" was becuase he knew he showed what he had to show, and the scouts all agree. his stock didn't drop at all from the game.

you want to talk about ****y...****y was Aaron Rodgers last season, I hated watching this kid do interviews, and I have to admit I felt bad, but enjoyed watching him fall in the first round last season...

Juan Cribbs said:
the reason he was "****y" was becuase he knew he showed what he had to show, and the scouts all agree. his stock didn't drop at all from the game.

He showed nothing good in that game. And anyone can be ****y. Ryan leaf was particularly ****y. And had a strong arm.

I personally find it very funny when people are extra ****y and then go out and fall on their face. Give me a Ronnie Brown attitude every time.

When you have Joey Harrington as your QB, getting another QB fast makes sense....I see the Lions taking Cutler.

nopony said:
He showed nothing good in that game.

Thats just flat out wrong. He showed his arm strength, pocket presence, very quick release, and even very good touch on his like 2nd or 3rd pass dropping it in between the CB and S for about a 30 yard play.

Did he have a good game? Nah, but to say he showed nothing is straight up wrong.

it appears nopony's idea of what makes a good NFL quarterback is having good statistics in college.

Juan Cribbs said:
it appears nopony's idea of what makes a good NFL quarterback is having good statistics in college.

No kidding

Back
Top Bottom