*** Da Canes *** | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Da Canes ***

The offense had its way all day. Aside from a mishandled snap and the clock running out with us at the 9 yard line we scored a TD every time we touched the ball.

Garcia looks like he's going to be legit. Hanging in the pocket in throwing darts. Really exciting future at QB here even after TVD.

The run game was absolutely unstoppable. Our O-Line had a size advantage and drove them back 5 yards off the ball consistently.

We played really vanilla defense. No exotic pressures or looks, just line up and play your man or cover your zone. It's what I'd expect vs Bethune-Cookman.

We have some things to clean up defensively, but I'm not worried at all. Not only was the gameplan very basic this week but it's the first time these guys are playing real defense in a long time.

In practice it just isn't the same. You aren't ferociously being hit or hitting your own guys very often if ever. They needed time to get going but we shut them down the majority of the 2nd half.

After sleeping on it for a day:

Despite it being against Bethune-Cookman the offensive line looked really good. Even the backups played extremely well aside from a couple bad plays in the eun game off the left edge near the end.

That giant backup OT we have (I want to say #55 or something haha) looks like he might be a player. He's fairly quick out of his stance and despite his man intentionally trying to delay his rush, use his speed to not engage him and use a speed advantage...there wasn't a speed advantage. Dude got his body on his man every play.

I know he didn't start and only threw 8 passes, but Garcia deserves to be on there.

When he came into the game Bethune-Cookman actually started to dial up pressure. He hung in multiple times stepping into throws and nailing them while being hit, finishing 8/8.

Garcia was as good if not better than TVD out there yesterday. He was absolutely one of the top 10 players, though with fewer reps I can see why he isn't there.

I really like the way the o line played. In the past we have struggled to run the ball consistently even against opponents like Bethune. Yesterday the o line was winning every time across the board while rushing. Huge improvement there. I really liked Garcia as well. We look loaded at qb for a few years. Defense was a bit of a let down but it’s the first game. The BC qb is a gamer. He was impressive early until the game got out of hand. No idea why the BC coach wanted to sub qbs early he was moving the ball with his arm and feet.

I really like the way the o line played. In the past we have struggled to run the ball consistently even against opponents like Bethune. Yesterday the o line was winning every time across the board while rushing. Huge improvement there. I really liked Garcia as well. We look loaded at qb for a few years. Defense was a bit of a let down but it’s the first game. The BC qb is a gamer. He was impressive early until the game got out of hand. No idea why the BC coach wanted to sub qbs early he was moving the ball with his arm and feet.

The only real issue I saw defensively was angles chasing the QB. The edge defenders would too often take an inside path and give up the edge which was 90% of their success.

I thought it was kind of obvious there was no scheme this week beyond lining up and playing football on D.

I'm pretty confident that when we play teams and throw in some different looks it will be a lot better.

We do have to take better angles to the QB though.

I'm happy that they did what they should have, beat an inferior opponent handily. On to bigger and better things!

Read it and weep! #12. Blew past the Canes like **** through a goose!

cricket GIF

Back
Top Bottom