*** Da Canes *** | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Da Canes ***

Also, hats off to Appalachian State.

Not only did they ALMOST pull off a victory week 1 against a solid opponent in Week 2 they knock off the #6 team in the country.

That is truly amazing and deserves respect....but now we can't lose to A&M. They can be beaten.

Last post before I give someone else a turn 🤣

One thing I really liked was that when we weren't vanilla, it felt like we were intentionally putting things on film.

The Flea Flicker TD for example. You could save that for A&M. Maybe it works maybe it doesn't. However, by putting it on film you're telling them "You'd better not sell out against the run because we WILL do this"

In other words putting thoughts into their head. Now you can't attack the run as aggressively as you might like to.

Same with the reverse plays. They didn't go for many yards but by putting them on film you're making a statement like "You'd better maintain edge integrity and contain" - hopefully helping to soften the middle of their defense.

I may be looking too deep into it but I feel like this is the first time in a long time the staff is playing chess and not checkers.

Both teams got caught looking ahead last week. They were spending what limited practice time they have preparing for this game instead of the one they played last week. That's why Miami started so slow against Southern Miss, and why aTm did the same against App. St. The only difference was aTm was playing a team that can beat your ass if you don't wake up. Miami almost lost to App. St. last year. They've always punched above their weight.

App. St. has nearly a dozen day 2 and day 3 NFL prospects on their roster, while Southern Miss only has about 3.

I think the key to this game is going to be the aTm running back Achane versus Miami's linebackers in the passing game when aTm has the ball. Miami has the advantage on the perimeter with Tyrique Stevenson and D.J. Ivey against aTm's perimeter receivers. Their offensive line is playing poorly, but it's not a talent issue. It's an experience issue.

When Miami has the ball, the key is going to be running the football with Parrish and staying out of 3rd down situations on the road in a hostile environment at night. Both teams are expected to get their best offensive lineman back this week.

I don't know why Jimbo hasn't been playing Max Johnson over Haynes King. But he may make the switch this week.

This one is going deep into the 4th quarter. You can bet College Station will be ready for this one.

Both teams got caught looking ahead last week. That's why Miami started so slow against Southern Miss, and why aTm did the same against App. St. The only difference was aTm was playing a team that can beat your ass if you don't wake up. Miami almost lost to App. St. last year. They've always punched above their weight.

App. St. has nearly a dozen day 2 and day 3 NFL prospects on their roster, while Southern Miss only has about 3.

I think the key to this game is going to be the aTm running back Achane versus Miami's linebackers in the passing game when aTm has the ball. Miami has the advantage on the perimeter with Tyrique Stevenson and D.J. Ivey against aTm's perimeter receivers. Their offensive line is playing poorly, but it's not a talent issue. It's an experience issue.

When Miami has the ball, the key is going to be running the football with Parrish and staying out of 3rd down situations on the road in a hostile environment at night. Both teams are expected to get their best offensive lineman back this week.

I don't know why Jimbo hasn't been playing Max Johnson over Haynes King. But he may make the switch this week.

This one is going deep into the 4th quarter. You can bet College Station will be ready for this one.

Fair analysis. I agree.

I came into the year expecting this as one of two L's so if we can't get it done...I'll be unhappy but it won't be unexpected.

Tomorrow night! It can't get here fast enough!

As a non conference game it's really not integral to win, but I feel like despite their loss last week it would still be a really nice win for us to build from.

Watching Florida State just go down 7 in 4th quarter..... Watching too much football now......UM tomorrow and lots Sunday!!!!!

Let's go Canes

College Football Reaction GIF by ACC Network

Back
Top Bottom