Dallas Thomas and Will Davis are starters! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas Thomas and Will Davis are starters!

WestSideFin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dallas ThomasG6'5310Tennessee
dallas_thomas-1.jpg
National Football Post: The Dolphins make a good selection by grabbing one of the most physical and aggressive offensive linemen in the draft. A starter at left tackle and left guard during his career, Thomas has the versatility that NFL teams love. He is quick setting up to block, delivers a hard punch and can control his man at the point of attack. He should turn out to be a good starting guard who can fill in at tackle when needed.
Will DavisCB6'0186Utah State
will_davis-1.jpg
National Football Post: The Dolphins make a bold move to trade up to acquire Davis, who has starting talent but struggled through an up-and-down 2012 season. The Dolphins are taking a gamble that they can get Davis to play up to his previous level. If he gets back to his 2011 form, the Dolphins could have themselves a good starting cornerback, which makes this risk worthwhile.

I like the picks. Both guys are starters cant complain. Jeff still letting um hang. #FinsUp

Well if anyone can turn Will Davis into a solid NFL corner it's Kevin Coyle.

Yes, and Kendall Langford was a starter, so was Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Brian Hartline, Koa Misi, etc, etc, etc.

Im done with starting being the measuring tool for a successful draft pick. There were players available that could have helped us in ways vastly more valuable then mere starting. Value, weapons, touchdowns, points. Get your heads in the game people.

Yes, and Kendall Langford was a starter, so was Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Brian Hartline, Koa Misi, etc, etc, etc.

Im done with starting being the measuring tool for a successful draft pick. There were players available that could have helped us in ways vastly more valuable then mere starting. Value, weapons, touchdowns, points. Get your heads in the game people.

Stedman bailey and Keenan Allen.

I know nothing about Davis... I stuck on some youtube tape and he strikes me as someone we can use for man coverage, we lost that when Smith left.

davis looks to be a developmental guy, only started playing in his senior year of high school

I don't see how you can say Davis is a starter... Grimes Taylor Marshall Patterson Carroll already on the roster... IMO he is battling for the nickel and dime jobs with Marshall Patterson Carroll and Jimmy Wilson but is a lock to make the roster bc of his draft status

I don't see how you can say Davis is a starter... Grimes Taylor Marshall Patterson Carroll already on the roster... IMO he is battling for the nickel and dime jobs with Marshall Patterson Carroll and Jimmy Wilson but is a lock to make the roster bc of his draft status

If you read the blurb on davis it says if he gets back to his 2011 form he could start. Man yall are hard to please. Straight up unbelievable offseason and we still cant enjoy it. People this team is on the rise like it or not.

I think he is saying that Will Davis can compete for a starting position which is true. We have a corner that played in less than 6 games in Marshall, a guy tyring to come back from an achilles injury which there is no guarantee that he will recover. It took me months to get my leg and strength up after tearing my tendon playing football in my leg and although he has top notch doctors and trainers everybody doesn't recover the same, just ask Marino.

Other guys such as Carroll which is marginally improving each year (although I do admit he is improving but not there yet), and Patterson who is healthy to compete have a chance to step up too. I'd say that Davis is in the mix just fine whether it be for a staring position or significant playing time at the nickel or dime positions.

Don't rip the pick just because your preferred player wasn't selected.

If you read the blurb on davis it says if he gets back to his 2011 form he could start. Man yall are hard to please. Straight up unbelievable offseason and we still cant enjoy it. People this team is on the rise like it or not.

I Absolutely love everything Miami has done up until the third round.... so at least they nailed FA and the first 2 picks

Patterson will be cut anyway. No way Miami pays his 4 million contract.

I Absolutely love everything Miami has done up until the third round.... so at least they nailed FA and the first 2 picks

Yeah man real talk we really can not complain. I mean i never thought we would be here talking bout the fins as a playoff team. Playoffs did you say playoffs? haha....... Plus lets pick up swope tomorrow and people will be happy again.

Yeah man real talk we really can not complain. I mean i never thought we would be here talking bout the fins as a playoff team. Playoffs did you say playoffs? haha....... Plus lets pick up swope tomorrow and people will be happy again.

I'm just dissapointed Ireland saw a run on T's and CB's and panicked rather than staying true to his board and being a boss like he has been all off-season..... I don't think the 3rd round really sets us back at all... Just have a hard time seeing Davis on the roster 3 years from now... a bad 3rd round won't make or break us.... we are still a playoff team this year barring impactful injuries

You have to remember that Grimes is coming off of an injury. Tendon injuries are slow to heal. Davis right now is a nickel that we can groom. And if Grimes doesn't work out, it is next man up. Hopefully Carroll is gone. As far as Ireland not sticking to the board, unless you have seen the board you cannot make that assessment. I heard a week ago that Will Davis was a target. Someone with a "friend on the inside" stated that on this board. Davis very well could have been at the top of the board.

Back
Top Bottom