Dallas Thomas and Will Davis are starters! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas Thomas and Will Davis are starters!

I'm just dissapointed Ireland saw a run on T's and CB's and panicked rather than staying true to his board and being a boss like he has been all off-season..... I don't think the 3rd round really sets us back at all... Just have a hard time seeing Davis on the roster 3 years from now... a bad 3rd round won't make or break us.... we are still a playoff team this year barring impactful injuries

Hell ya bro plus tomorrow could be really big what do we have like 2 picks in the top 10 tomorrow?

Yes, and Kendall Langford was a starter, so was Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Brian Hartline, Koa Misi, etc, etc, etc.

Im done with starting being the measuring tool for a successful draft pick. There were players available that could have helped us in ways vastly more valuable then mere starting. Value, weapons, touchdowns, points. Get your heads in the game people.

In your opinion...

I Absolutely love everything Miami has done up until the third round.... so at least they nailed FA and the first 2 picks
&
THIS!!!!

And I will even go a step further and say I loved the Dallas Thomas pick. He is exactly the type of moblie guard who excells at pulling. He is light on his feet and even played OT in 2010 & 2011. But Will Davis is not a starting CB. I don't think he has a chance or is visioned at ever being a starting CB. His self appointed role in run defense is similiar to that of the cheeleading squad. The quicker and safer he can get out of the way the better. He enjoyed contact at the college level about as much as Pat White enjoyed it on the pro level. Should a RB the size of Steven Jackson come toward him I can see him leaving the field of play and going two or three rows up in the stands to get away.

Trading up to get Will Davis when Poyer is on the board, will in two years, have made every dolphin fan forget when we traded up to get Daniel Thomas while DeMarco Murray was still on the board.

I support Ireland when he makes good/great moves and I will critize him when he makes bad ones. This was a bad one. Like trading down for Odrick and Misi.

Taylor WILL start opposite Brett Grimes. Will Davis will bump Nolan Carroll off the roster.

&
this!!!!

And i will even go a step further and say i loved the dallas thomas pick. He is exactly the type of moblie guard who excells at pulling. He is light on his feet and even played ot in 2010 & 2011. But will davis is not a starting cb. I don't think he has a chance or is visioned at ever being a starting cb. His self appointed role in run defense is similiar to that of the cheeleading squad. The quicker and safer he can get out of the way the better. He enjoyed contact at the college level about as much as pat white enjoyed it on the pro level. Should a rb the size of steven jackson come toward him i can see him leaving the field of play and going two or three rows up in the stands to get away.

Trading up to get will davis when poyer is on the board, will in two years, have made every dolphin fan forget when we traded up to get daniel thomas while demarco murray was still on the board.

I support ireland when he makes good/great moves and i will critize him when he makes bad ones. This was a bad one. Like trading down for odrick and misi.

yes

This is completely irrelevant but it's driving me nuts tonight to keep reading about Davis and Thomas.

Those are the names of two little towns in West Virginia that I visit all the time while on vacation in Canaan Valley. I'll play golf then decide whether to have a big time in Davis or Thomas. Big time in that area might be a country music festival, or stopping to watch some deer. Quite a departure from Miami or Las Vegas.

I'm just dissapointed Ireland saw a run on T's and CB's and panicked rather than staying true to his board and being a boss like he has been all off-season..... I don't think the 3rd round really sets us back at all... Just have a hard time seeing Davis on the roster 3 years from now... a bad 3rd round won't make or break us.... we are still a playoff team this year barring impactful injuries

When did you get a chance to look at Ireland's board?

I wanted us to take at least two corners semi early and we have done just that. I'd like another in fact. I do not think that Marshall and Patterson are long in our future, i'd like to replace them with young drafted corners who will improve with the rest of this young team.

This is completely irrelevant but it's driving me nuts tonight to keep reading about Davis and Thomas.

Those are the names of two little towns in West Virginia that I visit all the time while on vacation in Canaan Valley. I'll play golf then decide whether to have a big time in Davis or Thomas. Big time in that area might be a country music festival, or stopping to watch some deer. Quite a departure from Miami or Las Vegas.

[video=youtube;1c0M-SWoxfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c0M-SWoxfw[/video]

I think Grimes and Taylor will be our starters with Davis competeing.for the nickel if.he gets it I think Marshall and Patterson are gone well atleast.ones gone both if neither take a pay cut or we can move Marshall to FS where he would be.better IMO

Small world. My aunt lives in Davis and my grandfather was the mayor some time ago.....Been there myself a few times.

Back
Top Bottom