Dallas Thomas and Will Davis are starters! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas Thomas and Will Davis are starters!

I think Grimes and Taylor will be our starters with Davis competeing.for the nickel if.he gets it I think Marshall and Patterson are gone well atleast.ones gone both if neither take a pay cut or we can move Marshall to FS where he would be.better IMO
I actually think part of the Taylor appeal is quickness with strength inside and willingness to get physical...which translates pretty well to moving him into the slot sometimes. Taylor has outside-inside versatility that I like.

The more i read about theses 2 guys the more i like. I think some people are selling these picks short. They both have a nice upside.

The only thing I dislike about Davis is where we got him. We should have say back and let him drop to us in the early 4th.

The more i read about theses 2 guys the more i like. I think some people are selling these picks short. They both have a nice upside.

I don't view Thomas as upside. I view him as a very safe, plug and play LG. The success he had against the best of the SEC at tackle AND guard speaks for itself.

I agree. Why trade up when he would definitely be there with the 104th pick?? I didn't like that at all...

Could have used the 4th, 5th and 7th today...

Maybe in 2014. If you think they are starters now, you are off your rocker.

Bottom line 2 decent players and they fit needs.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Maybe in 2014. If you think they are starters now, you are off your rocker.
Thats what i mean. its not like there day 1 starters first preseason game gonna make pro bowl come on now.

I don't view Thomas as upside. I view him as a very safe, plug and play LG. The success he had against the best of the SEC at tackle AND guard speaks for itself.

It would be awesome if Thomas was good enough to win the starting LG job this year. I think that he'll be groomed behind Incognito, and then he'll take his place whe Richie leaves after this coming season.

With Patterson, Carroll and Grimes all being in their final yr or on a 1 yr contract and with some major cap issues in 2014 finding CB's seems to be essential in this draft. I realize Ingonito, Jerry and Patterson save $10M in cap after the season, when their salaries come off the books, as well as, cutting Marshall which could save another $4-$5M in 2014. It wouldn't surprise me if another CB is selected in the 4th or 5th round. I'm somewhat disappointed a safety hasn't been selected yet so far. Taylor looks to be a starting type CB while Davis (from what has been written about him) looks to be a nickel or dime CB to start out with the potential to start in a few years, IF he can develop his skills further. Dallas Thomas looks to be the new starting LG, I just hope they draft another RT/LT type with potential, before the day 3 is over.

Davis's upside is very high, imo. Outstanding tools. Lacks experience in the sport, consistency, and discipline. I do think he will start by the end of the season, or at least be on the field as much as a starter.

Davis's upside is very high, imo. Outstanding tools. Lacks experience in the sport, consistency, and discipline. I do think he will start by the end of the season, or at least be on the field as much as a starter.

The Bleecher Report has a very nice write up, on Davis. He was rated as a possible 3rd-5rd round pick.

say hello to john jerry, your starting right tackle (currently).

he is better at tackle than guard, in my opinion.

I loved the Jamar Taylor pick....one of my favorite non-first round CBs in the draft, especially if we play more zone concepts.

I hated the Will Davis pick. To me, he was a 5th round talent, late 4th at best. The fact that we traded a 4th, 5th and 7th for him just baffles me. I've seen some tape of him that looks good (highlight reels) but when you watch more gametape, you see the bad. He bites on double moves WAY too often and is very grabby....he's going to get flagged a bunch if he doesn't change that. He's also a horrible tackler. Sometimes he doesn't even give effort to tackle, doesn't disengage with the blocking WR or stays away from the pile. Watch the Louisiana Tech game. Way too early for him in the 3rd. Bad pick.

I'm ok with the Dallas Thomas pick b/c we need OL help....i had other guys/positions that were still on the board rated much higher. The 3rd round was where i slotted him. I only think he can play OG though, not tackle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom