Damnit! Fiedler has surgery! (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damnit! Fiedler has surgery! (merged)

Actually this may be good. Everyone here wants Levcik or whatever his name is to beat out Lucas anyways. Now he has the perfect chance. Too bad it wasn't Lucas that had the surgery!!!

Re: Damnit! Fiedler has surgery!

Well, for at least the first week of training camp he will be out. But the injury to his hip is not supposed to be as severe as the first hip injury, so he may very well be able to work the second week.

I know that it sounds bad but for training camp purposes things will be fine if he is healed. They put a red shirt on every Qb's back which means STOP! Don't touch! As long as he is able to run without pain that is, and it only took him a month to heal last time.

It's those preseason games that I'd be worried about! One hit and he could be done for a while!!!

I wonder if Troy Aikman is in the weight room tonight? :goof:

Seriously though, I've had a little bit of favoritism toward Lucas since he was signed, and have stressed my dismay on how he is looking so far, so this may be the best thing for the TEAM. Let's see if he can handle things. And see if Levcik handles the pressure of being a number 2 guy!

does it seem like the dolphins are hexed, i mean EVERY YEAR it seems like a key player gets hurt just before preseason! and preseason is 25 days away!

I say no matter what they should keep him out of the first 2 preseason games. Even if they can let him practice nothing will be gained by having him in the first 2. 2 games is more than enough time to get ready for a home game against Detroit.

I dunno, I think if he's 100% he should go for the preseason games, if not, then let him sit out. Preseason gives you some tests for real game situations, and with Norv's deep playbook and schemes, the more practice, the better.

Originally posted by jd13
lucas is the #2 qb no matter how good the 2 rookies do...

For roght now he is, but he could easily be overtaken since the other 2 have a decent shot now since they will get more reps. We'll see. I dislike former JETS!!!

First off, I wonder why he's waited until now to do this. Maybe he was hoping the pain would go away. Maybe he's an idiot. Who knows.

But I do know that he needs as many reps with the receivers as possible and being out a few days/weeks in camp WILL harm the team.

Sigh, I guess there's always one monkey wrench in the works to screw things up.

You guys are oveer-reacting. This really isn't a big deal. It's better that he sits out anyways. i hope Chambers does too, I don't want any unecessary injuries to our stars. So what he'll miss the titans scrimmage and maybe a Pre-Season game. This really isn't a big deal.

Weren't the Dolphins planning on sitting the starters for the Monday night game against the Bucs anyway, since they have to play again the following Thursday? The way I see it, Fiedler may miss a couple of weeks of camp, but he's way ahead of the rest of the offense anyways. Lucas, Levcik, and Kustok were going to get all the work the first game anyway, and Fiedler should be ready for the second game against the Saints on the 15th.

Could have been a lot worse.

That's a key thing to keep in mind here. The fact that we have a very funky schedule in pre-season, probably meant that he would have not gotten a lot of PT in two of the four games anyway. He will probably get close to the amount of PT that was originaly planned, just not in the same games.

Damn,this completely sucks! What I dont understand is why did he wait until now? I hope this will not slow him down, bucuz fiedler is fast....

Originally posted by dolfan06
does it seem like the dolphins are hexed, i mean EVERY YEAR it seems like a key player gets hurt just before preseason! and preseason is 25 days away!

I'm pretty sure preseason is only about 10 days away...;)

I just checked.....rookies and selected vets report July 26th.

Good news huh? It's close than you think.:D

Actually InFINS, they report the 25th. First practice is the 26th, and the rest of the vets report on the 28th.

First full squad practice is Monday, July 29th.

As far as Fiedler goes, guys, he knows the playbook. He knows his receivers. Don't forget, Jay was out for most of the pre-season his first year as a starter, and we went 11-5. He will only be out a week or two this time around, and that is no big deal.

Maybe he was hoping it would heal up on it's own, and waited as long as he could. Hell if I know Jay, he will be throwing that ball sooner then expected.

Back
Top Bottom