Damon signs with Yanks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damon signs with Yanks

DonShula84 said:

I already feel sorry for him.. that first trip to Fenway is going to be HELL. :sidelol:

For that kind of money... I'm glad the Red Sox stayed away.

I guess Damon was just a whore for the money. That's fine personally I didn't want him signed for over 2 years personally. No hey enjoy NY, you'll never be as popular or as loved as you were in Boston, and if you don't produce you're gonna be booed out of NY. I'm sure the WFAN is going to have a field day making fun of his arm. Get ready for the boos and of course your hair cut!

Johnny Damon Now: :goof:
Johnny Damon in Feb: :)

Seriously though Damon has been a good hitter for the Red Sox the last two year and is very good in the club house however I was worried his body was going to break down and he wouldn't be good for his whole contract.

Thanks for 2004 Johnny.

Red Sox fans...

Carl Everett for CF in 2006? ;)

Ah, the memories... Seriously, where do we turn now? Jeremy Reed?

FaninPatsyLand said:
Red Sox fans...

Carl Everett for CF in 2006? ;)

Ah, the memories... Seriously, where do we turn now? Jeremy Reed?

Everett signed with Seattle sorry.

I'd LOVE to somehow get either Grady Sizemore or Coco Crisp.

Apparently the Sox can have Reed for Bronson Arroyo. It looks like he'll end up in Boston.

Coco Crisp would be a great pickup, but you gotta believe that since Nomar signed with the Dodgers, the Indians would be hesitant to trade him.

Damn I thought I could break this!

I didn't want him.

Overpaid.

Would have been happy with Bubba.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Coco Crisp would be a great pickup, but you gotta believe that since Nomar signed with the Dodgers, the Indians would be hesitant to trade him.

Ya the Indians are not very high on moving Crisp unless the offer is great. He would be a killer pickup. As we sit right now, Reed looks like he will be coming to Boston.

GreenMonster said:
Ya the Indians are not very high on moving Crisp unless the offer is great. He would be a killer pickup. As we sit right now, Reed looks like he will be coming to Boston.

Getting Crisp would make me jealous.

Not only talent, but that damn name.

The Yankees have a very very impressive line up on paper. However pitching wins championships.

Ray Finkle said:
Seriously though Damon has been a good hitter for the Red Sox the last two year and is very good in the club house however I was worried his body was going to break down and he wouldn't be good for his whole contract.

Thanks for 2004 Johnny.

Agreed, I love Damon thanx for the memories. I also believe by year 4 he will be a shadow of the Johnny Damon I enjoyed the last 4 years.

Ray Finkle said:
The Yankees have a very very impressive line up on paper. However pitching wins championships.

Randy Johnson
Mike Mussina
Shawn Chacon
Chien-Ming Wang
Carl Pavano
(Dont really want to mention, but, Jaret Wright)

Spot Starter: 10-0 Aaron Small

With the bullpen additions, and the lineup, I'm liking it.

Way overpaid but I'm glad we got a CF'er finally.

Back
Top Bottom