Damon signs with Yanks | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damon signs with Yanks

MikeO said:
Your an idiot! How was it to stick it to Boston? THEY MADE A MOVE TO GET THE BEST PLAYER IN ALL OF BASEBALL! Soriano was BENCHED in the Word Series he was so bad and when you can get rid of someone like that and add the best player in baseball, you do it. It upgrades your team.

That 2nd city mentality all over again. Everything NY does is to stick it to Boston:shakeno: :shakeno: . The A-Rod deal had NOTHING TO DO WITH BOSTON!!!! Not to mention AROD is a draw and ticket sales went through the friggin rough when they got AROD which increased revenue and profit. Yes, this STILL is a business!

Yes the move was to get the best player in baseball but you can't tell me that it never crossed George's mind that doing this move is going to stick it to the Red Sox? Also if its not sticking it to Boston then why have a written statement about "how he, unlike other owners and franchises, go above the call of duties to get the player", which was clearly a low blow and a shot at the Red Sox.

Mike, you're the last person to say someone else has a 2nd city mentality. What do you call making threads asking Red Sox fans which move is worse? Seriously get a grip on yourself. It's that hypocrite in you that's showing off again.

Ray Finkle said:
No I'm not kidding, that's the problem with these players they're so freakin' greedy and unthankful. Without the Red Sox, Damon probably would have been nothing, he owned them a phone call. Again like I said Pedro Martinez and Roger Clemens at least called up the FO and told them they were going somewhere else and they left on bad terms. You're missing my point once again but that's ok.

Unthankful? Jesus Christ your kidding right? Without Damon the Sox would still be under some make-believe curse! It works both ways! The SOX made him an offer. The Yanks made a better offer. He took the Yanks offer. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?!?!?!?!?! If he played the middle to get more money out of Boston you would be pissed he held Boston ransom and he would have been called "greedy" either way

You have no point to miss. This is the real world. This is big business. Things like a phone call and such aren't required or necessary. He was a free agent. See, this was a job not a marriage. He showed up to work, did his job, Boston gave him a paycheck. His contract expires, he is free to do what he wants. If Boston wanted to keep him, go after him strong. They didn't, and Damon jumped.

I swear some of you guys must have ******'s with the way you get your feelings hurt.

Ray Finkle said:
Mike, you're the last person to say someone else has a 2nd city mentality. What do you call making threads asking Red Sox fans which move is worse? Seriously get a grip on yourself. It's that hypocrite in you that's showing off again.

I'm a hypocrite? LOL, you guys act like George is the mother f'n anti-christ. You believe he lives his life just to stick it to Boston with every move. The AROD one is laughable on every level.

MikeO said:
I'm a hypocrite? LOL, you guys act like George is the mother f'n anti-christ. You believe he lives his life just to stick it to Boston with every move. The AROD one is laughable on every level.

George an anti-christ? Nah. I think he's a great owner. He's 10000% committed to win and would do anything and has done anything to try to win every single year. You have to respect that.

Again, why sent that written statement then if he wasn't sticking it to Boston and its F.O.?

MikeO said:
read your f'n posts!!!!!

I don't have my feelings hurt. I've said it since I joined this message board that I don't want Damon on my team for more than 3 years but if it took 4 years for 40 mill I could live with it but anything more than that let him walk. I've said it a million times and never changed my mind on it.

Ray Finkle said:
George an anti-christ? Nah. I think he's a great owner. He's 10000% committed to win and would do anything and has done anything to try to win every single year. You have to respect that.

Again, why sent that written statement then if he wasn't sticking it to Boston and its F.O.?

Just part of the fun of the rivalry. Gamesmenship. Did that written statement hurt your feelings? Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, George put out a written statement, whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:cry: :lol:

MikeO said:
Just part of the fun of the rivalry. Gamesmenship. Did that written statement hurt your feelings? Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, George put out a written statement, whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:cry: :lol:

None it didn't hurt my feelings. In fact it gave me a huge laugh 8 months after it and the other statement about how the Red Sox were the better team in October of that year.

Again though you ignore the fact that he wrote the note to stick it to Boston.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/articles/george_steinbrenner_biography.shtml

well, while we're being a bit overdramatic, and now that you've brought it up: No, not the anti-christ... but your owner IS an indicted criminal... his suspension from the league (twice) and his removal from it's governing body weren't levied upon him just because they didn't like him...

http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Steinbrenner_George.html

his business ventures as they relate to his baseball team have been a bone of contention with MLB for decades.... but with the new CBA and the players essentially winning the 94 strike, nothing was really done about it... in fact, it's gotten worse....

he also slandered Dave Winfield... not merely talked bad about him, but SLANDERED him... paid a thug $40,000 for incriminating evidence against WInfield? lol

anyhoo...

"Yankee fans are impossible to like. More than three decades ago, Roger Angell described them as "overdressed, uncomprehending autumn arrivistes." Today we would describe them as front-running boors."

"Steinbrenner, who has the Mona Lisa of ballparks, has demanded that New York City build him a paint-by-the-numbers stadium with luxury boxes."

"After they lost the '76 World Series , the Yankees voted their batboys $100 shares. Their opponents, the Reds, gave theirs $6591 each."

"According to the Barnhardt Dictionary of Etymology the word Yankee was a term of contempt. Isn't that great? The Yankees named themselves after an insult! It's like calling a team the Atlanta Rednecks or the L.A. Cokeheads! Iron that on you wife-beater. "

"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Brad Pitt to get the girl or for Bill Gates to win the lotto. That's why I propose that those not born in 1 of the 5 New York boroughs must lose their pinstripes or be tossed into the East River with only Chuck Knoblauch to throw them a life preserver. "

Hey Press Coverage I'm surprised that you didn't mention the new Yankee motto: "If we can't beat you then we'll just have to buy you"

It makes sense that since 2004 they added Alan Embree, Mark Bellhorn, Mike Myers, and now Johnny Damon. I'm sensing a Kevin Millar signing any day now :lol:

4-5 guys from a team they called "idiots"...

does anyone honestly believe there is any semblance of (admittedly hate the term) chemistry in the New York clubhouse? i just don't see it... not that we'll have much either, now, but still... it's hard to fathom these guys even liking eachother... i'm still convinced Jeter and A-Rod don't care for eachother... but, that's just me, perhaps...

what was it that Jeter said a few years ago? ... "these aren't the great yankees of a few years ago..." or words to that effect..

PressCoverage said:
4-5 guys from a team they called "idiots"...

does anyone honestly believe there is any semblance of (admittedly hate the term) chemistry in the New York clubhouse? i just don't see it... not that we'll have much either, now, but still... it's hard to fathom these guys even liking eachother... i'm still convinced Jeter and A-Rod don't care for eachother... but, that's just me, perhaps...

what was it that Jeter said a few years ago? ... "these aren't the great yankees of a few years ago..." or words to that effect..

I think you're right about the Jeter comment it was very similar.

I do always agree with you that I don't think there is chemistry within the Yankee clubhouse. The major difference between the past few Yankee teams compared to the 1998-2001 teams is that they are loaded up with superstar players that just care about boosting stats where as the 1998-2001 Yankees were role players and very gutsy players that played the game right and hard every single day. Their wasn't an MVP candidate on the team yet they were perhaps some of the best teams in the history of baseball. I think that once the Yankees started to age with the O'Neils, Brousis and Cones that Steinberner panicked and just threw tons of money at these superstar players that in my opinion don't care about winning more than they care about their own personal stats.

Ray, why even try talking with this guy. He's the biggest Yankee homer on the board..

A month ago he was ripping Damon saying that any team that gave him 4 years was "stupid", but now that he's got a haircut and shaved, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Remember, your trying to talk sense into someone who called Dontrelle Willis a "back end of the rotation starter, nothing more" and "average".

It's hopeless.

Johnny new's do:

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom