Dan Campbell defends decision to punt late vs. Cowboys | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Campbell defends decision to punt late vs. Cowboys

Or get a first down on 4th and 6 :)

You just know it would have been a 2 yard pass to Landry who would have been stopped just short of the 1st down.

Regardless as I've said twice already I would have gone for it.

Or get a first down on 4th and 6 :)

You just know it would have been a 2 yard pass to Landry who would have been stopped just short of the 1st down.

Regardless as I've said twice already I would have gone for it.

Gotta have balls to win in this league. Go for it on 4th and 2 at midfield earlier in the game. That was even more manageable.

Coach Campbell has no balls. ok :lol:

More likely he made a calculated decision you disagree with. Me too.

Id love to have Campbell remain on the staff next year, but after this week it has become clear he is not an NFL head coach right now.

I agree he is not ready after only 5 years in coaching. Hopefully he'll stay on no matter who the new coach is.

Give me a coach who is going to look a scenario in the eye and say I want to win and I am going to take a chance to win a freaking game. Especially when that scenario involves being behind by multiple scores.

Going for it on 4th and 6, if you miss it's likely an incomplete pass so they take over at the 47. They maybe take the ball back.

Punting they probably take over at the 10 or 20. Sure you can pin them inside the 10 but the odds of converting the 4th and 7 are probably about the same. Punting they almost certainly take the ball, except for a rare fumble or muff or something nuts happening.

Whether they take over at mid field or deep in their own territory doesn't matter. Once they have the ball back you either have to stop them on defense or you lose. The field position only determines at what position of the field they will be at when they are taking a knee and running out the clock.

All you really gain by punting is a few yards of field position when you're in a situation where yards are cheap and time is precious.

I'm sure these coaches know more about football than me or most other posters but sometimes you gotta wonder if they think some of the simple things through!

Hate the punt. One score down? Absolutely. Not down ten. Dumb move.

Back
Top Bottom