Dan-la-retard on ESPNradio | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan-la-retard on ESPNradio

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
Ummm.....Ross....even though the situation is embrionic at best and there's no way ANYBODY can predict its outcome

Oh sure, you MUST be right...I mean, when you have a team that has missed the playoffs two years straight, that has underachieved for five years straight, and you keep the same coach that has presided over this, keep the same personell man in Speilman and the only major change you make is to appoint a HOF QB with NO executive experience as your director of football operations, WHO could predict what could happen? Besides a deaf mute with no sense of smell, that is...

Marino knows football period. He has Spielman who is a great talent evaluator, and should now be able to draft who he feels is best for the team. Marino and Spielman will be here for the long term.

Originally posted by itsmyk
More Football Knowledge

Marino................. La backstabber.................

Nuff said....... :stupid:

What does that suppose to mean?:pirate:

First of all the name is LeBaTwat and yes, he's a jerk off. One thing we won't have is the same thing. Dan is very hungry for his Super Bowl Ring. He will come in and change the Quarterback for sure. He never liked Fiedler and he's not starting next year. Dan will get a veteran in here to run the offense. O-Line WILL be addressed and some new playmakers at wide reciever will be on the team next year. With Dan on board the offense WILL be scrutinized and IMO no one is safe except for Rickey, Cris and McMike. Everyone else could go. IF we get Brunell we might make an effort to keep Todd Wade because that's where the blindside protection would come from because he's a lefty. Brunell would be a good start, or maybe Jeff Garcia but I also think it's time to find our future Q.B. There's talent in this draft such as Phillip Rivers etc. Maybe a change at G.M. would have been better but we have to trust Wayne at this point. I'd LOVE to see a ring on Dans finger next year and I must admit I'm excited about this. Go Fish!

Lets not confuse our "rights" with insulting behavior.

I was talking about manners son. Do you know what manners are? Just because you have the freedom to say something, doesn't mean you should go ahead and say it. Dan labastard went out of his way to insult Wayne, Rick, Wanny and Marino. For no more than his personal pleasure. And the sad fact is you either don't see it or don't understand it,...

Well first off a couple of things to correct and enhance upon. A blind, deaf who had no sense of smell would also have no taste sensory either as the smell and taste scents are intertwined. Lest we not forget that now.

Also, The Miami Dolphins being a clogged toilet and Dan Marino is here to spray the air freshener? That analogy makes no sense whatsoever. First off, Marino is apart of the organization so he would be in the toilet as well. Secondly, and more importantly, he would BE THE AIR FRESHENER not the one spraying. I would suffice to say that Eddie Jones and Wayne Huizenga are the ones doing the spraying while Danny represents the clean summer breeze scent ( or perhaps vanilla whatever your preferance). Therefore after analyzing this analogy, I can safely say that Dan LeBatard has absolutely no idea what he is talking about and should lose all credibility..........now. :lol:

Also, anyone notice that Spielman looks like Howie Long's stunt double? I know he is related to Chris, formerly of the Lions, but I had no idea that he and Howie shared wombs or at least came from similar looking wombs. (Note: I know how babies are made so no one needs to flame me about how the shape of the womb doesn't make the kid, or how its genetics and all that other junk I was supposed to learn in school but never did cuz it was too boring to stay awake...everyone knows its the stork's job...duh) :goof:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Rick 1966

Oh sure, you MUST be right...I mean, when you have a team that has missed the playoffs two years straight, that has underachieved for five years straight, and you keep the same coach that has presided over this, keep the same personell man in Speilman and the only major change you make is to appoint a HOF QB with NO executive experience as your director of football operations, WHO could predict what could happen? Besides a deaf mute with no sense of smell, that is...

Talk about resorting to personal attacks (btw...Mr. Cyber-English-Professor...you spelled "personnel" wrong...not that I care...but don't EVER correct me).

This situation has never been seen in the Dolphins organization, or any other organization for that matter. It differs much from the situation in Detroit with Matt Millen, as Matt walked into an inept team and franchise.

I never ONCE said I was right and that you are wrong, but all I see in your posts are how you are so right and everybody else that spins positive is wrong. Who died and made you God?

In the future, please don't quote my posts or refer to me directly unless you have something positive to say.

GO DOLPHINS!

Originally posted by Ross
Lets not confuse our "rights" with insulting behavior.

I was talking about manners son. Do you know what manners are? Just because you have the freedom to say something, doesn't mean you should go ahead and say it. Dan labastard went out of his way to insult Wayne, Rick, Wanny and Marino. For no more than his personal pleasure. And the sad fact is you either don't see it or don't understand it,...

No, the sad fact is, you don't understand the job of a sports commentator. Le Bastard made an accurate and biting comment about the state of the Fins' ownership and front office. That's his job. He isn't an anchor who presents the news---or the sports---in a just-the-facts way, he's a COMMENTATOR. Giving his opinion is his job. You didn't like the way he gave it...fine. But he had every right to say what he did, and there was nothing out of line about it at all.

Originally posted by SmokeyPhinz
You all talk about Dan not having experience. WHEN does experience start? It's starting for him right now! You have to learn sometime, and that sometime is the 2004-2005 season

He's starting from the top. Someone like Ozzie Newsome had to start from the bottom. I'm not sure this will not hurt Marino in the long run. I hope I'm wrong, but he's not qualified, that's for darn sure. This was a gift from Wayne, and it's his team he can do whatever he wants. However there were much better canidates out there if they wanted to fill this newly created position. No one can spin that fact away.

Oliver...

No, the sad fact is, you don't understand the job of a sports commentator. Le Bastard made an accurate and biting comment about the state of the Fins' ownership and front office.

There he goes again. Guys...don't bother. He's a professor, we're all ignorant and dumb. He'll always be right and we'll always be wrong.

GO DOLPHINS!

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Talk about resorting to personal attacks

We could talk about it, but you won't find any in my posts in these threads, despite your desperate attempts to mischaracterize everything I say.

(btw...Mr. Cyber-English-Professor...you spelled "personnel" wrong...not that I care...but don't EVER correct me).

Don't EVER tell me what to do, boy.
I misspelled a word...so what? I didn't correct your spelling...I corrected your use of the wrong word. It would be like me saying "personal" when I meant "personnell." A misspelling is a simple mistake. Using "diluted" when you meant "deluded" indicates an ignorance of the difference between those words.

I never ONCE said I was right and that you are wrong, but all I see in your posts are how you are so right and everybody else that spins positive is wrong. Who died and made you God?

No one had to die...I have my opinion, and it's an opinion based on fact, not wishful thinking. You've yet to base yours on anything substantial.

In the future, please don't quote my posts or refer to me directly unless you have something positive to say.

In the future, I will continue to do whatever the hell I want as long as it is within the code of conduct of this website.

I don't think the Marino hiring is a mistake. The mistake was to keep Wanny imo. I just don't see him winning the superbowl regarless of who the QB is. If it was only about the players then the defence would have played a lot better when you stop to think that we have 9 players that have been to the probowl.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by ohall

He's starting from the top. Someone like Ozzie Newsome had to start from the bottom. I'm not sure this will not hurt Marino in the long run. I hope I'm wrong, but he's not qualified, that's for darn sure. This was a gift from Wayne, and it's his team he can do whatever he wants. However there were much better canidates out there if they wanted to fill this newly created position. No one can spin that fact away.

Oliver...

Very true. He will be tutored along and he will be a student of the business for a few years no doubt. Will it all work out? We'll see...

Originally posted by Jaj
Marino isn't running personnel. Get that in your head. His job is basically firing and hiring. He also provides someone who can sway FAs here.

yah ya know, that is whats wrong with this. everyone thinks dan is taking over or somethin. The problem is is they dont understand. Dan isnt going to be making decisions like Spielman will be. The thing that i think is sad about todays move is that it should have been done differently.

It should have been Spielman first as GM as the big news and Marino is a new front office guy. Its like they are envisioning marino in the draft room on draft day making phone calls or somethin.
I like this move cus Spileman is the man. He has this thing rigged. that is why he got the job. Isnt it obvious? Ill tell you all right now, Ill take Spielman over Donohoe any time any where any hooooooooooo! take that to the bank!

Back
Top Bottom