Dan will get Miami a Good QB. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan will get Miami a Good QB.

MDolphins2003

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Front Office

Dan in the Front Office will bring Miami what it needs. Someone that will not accept failure. Sure Dan never won a Super Bowl as a Phin Player. But I thik that will drive him even more this time. Early in his career he did not want a RB. But at the end he would have gave anything for RB like Ricky Williams. All of those record breaking seasons were for nothing all most. There is no sucess for him other than winning it all! That is the fire and drive that he will bring to the team.

The QB position is a huge hole to fill. (Dan Will HAVE HIS SAY!!!)

Free Agents: Kurt & Mark both have injury problems. So signing one of them will mean that they need a strong #2 QB. One that might see half the season. Signing Mark Brunell would give all the leverage to Todd Wade's Agent due to covering the blindside.
Toss in Wade Smith's new $$$. Does not leave much after they get under the cap.

Draft: Eli Manning is the only QB that I want to see in the 1st round if the Phins draft a QB. The problem is that at best that would mean that OGUN is gone for a 1st. And that the Phins traded up with the 2 1st rounders. But chances are it will cost more come draft day. Phillp Rivers is just to big of a reach in the 1st. There will be to many really good players left on the board with the #20 pick. It is true that Miami is in the Win Now stages. But I think they should see the big picture on E. Manning. He is a future QB in this league. Sure he would struggle trying to pass on every down. But having Ricky would sure take a LOAD OFF!!!

Cuts: Brian & Jay......Jay does not want to be a number two. Dan has always thought that Jay was not the man for Miami. Put them together and you get Jay in Arziona.

I think that having Dan in the Front Office will indeed give Miami a better chance for MANNING. Yeah it is not Payton....But I could see Miami doing the unthinkable...lol..trading up to get ELI Manning. Dan is gonna put his name on it. You know he is gonna have a strong QB. That is what he knows and trust the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont think that Dan would not want to trade up for E. Manning. If they did and he hit the Rookie Wall. Dan's job would not be in danger. Wanny on the otherhand might find a new source of income.

Trading up for Roethlisberger would be much easier.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
Front Office

Dan in the Front Office will bring Miami what it needs. Someone that will not accept failure. Sure Dan never won a Super Bowl as a Phin Player. But I thik that will drive him even more this time. Early in his career he did not want a RB. But at the end he would have gave anything for RB like Ricky Williams. All of those record breaking seasons were for nothing all most. There is no sucess for him other than winning it all! That is the fire and drive that he will bring to the team.

The QB position is a huge hole to fill. (Dan Will HAVE HIS SAY!!!)

Free Agents: Kurt & Mark both have injury problems. So signing one of them will mean that they need a strong #2 QB. One that might see half the season. Signing Mark Brunell would give all the leverage to Todd Wade's Agent due to covering the blindside.
Toss in Wade Smith's new $$$. Does not leave much after they get under the cap.

Draft: Eli Manning is the only QB that I want to see in the 1st round if the Phins draft a QB. The problem is that at best that would mean that OGUN is gone for a 1st. And that the Phins traded up with the 2 1st rounders. But chances are it will cost more come draft day. Phillp Rivers is just to big of a reach in the 1st. There will be to many really good players left on the board with the #20 pick. It is true that Miami is in the Win Now stages. But I think they should see the big picture on E. Manning. He is a future QB in this league. Sure he would struggle trying to pass on every down. But having Ricky would sure take a LOAD OFF!!!

Cuts: Brian & Jay......Jay does not want to be a number one. Dan has always thought that Jay was not the man for Miami. Put them together and you get Jay in Arziona.

I think that having Dan in the Front Office will indeed give Miami a better chance for MANNING. Yeah it is not Payton....But I could see Miami doing the unthinkable...lol..trading up to get ELI Manning. Dan is gonna put his name on it. You know he is gonna have a strong QB. That is what he knows and trust the best.

Stating pat and takinf Rivers would be the logical choice.

I guess you meant that Jay doesn't want to be number 2, not one, right?? ;)

Yeah Jay has stated that he will not take a backup role.

Good for Jay enjoy the heat in Arziona...lol

Rivers would be a reach. There would be better players at other positions still on the board.

Rivers would be a reach. There would be better players at other positions still on the board.

I agree 100%. I'd also take Losman over Rivers(so would about 80% of draft analysts).

Will Miami fans have the patience to lose games while developing a rookie QB?

WQAM and 940 are already loaded with callers who find it unacceptable that the Fins missed the playoffs for 2 years running.

I think if we get Eli Manning or Roethlisberger that they will be a better qb than Jay from the beginning.

no key we arent patient. Thats why we are hoping for a veteran upgrade and a rookie to groom.

Yeah Jay has stated that he will not take a backup role.

Good for Jay enjoy the heat in Arziona...lol

RIVERS A REACH NOWAY!!!!!!!!!!!BABY! JP WHO!

Originally posted by zeke0123
no key we arent patient. Thats why we are hoping for a veteran upgrade and a rookie to groom.

agreed. that's the right direction.

I have heard and seen so many bad things about JP. I have a feeling he is going to bust. The bad choices he makes on the field is enough to not take him; i dont care how strong and evasive in the pocket he is. Take rivers, he knows football, makes great reads, calls his own plays and is extremely accurate with a lightning release. Thats what makes a great quarterback, not arm strength.

Veteran upgrade and a hotshot #1 Q.B. Rookie. Brunell/ Rivers for example. We will have a great Quarterback, it would be very unDan to not make a bold move at Q.B.

Guys I have a funny feeling about McNabb right now.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Trading up for Roethlisberger would be much easier.
What's the bio on Roethlisberger? Why is Manning rated higher? I don't know sh*t about college hence the ignorant question.

Back
Top Bottom