Dan will get Miami a Good QB. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan will get Miami a Good QB.

Because Manning can start day one, while Roethlisberger needs a good year on the bench.

What is wrong with Rivers except with his delivery. This guy reminded me of a NFL qb more than anyone you can't always go with a gun slinger like Eli or Ben which I think they will be great. Wuerfell was the on of the greatest qb's in college history got to the nfl an turned out to be worse than Fiedler an Fielder came from an Ivy college. If you can get Eli or Ben get them but if they can't why not try Rivers. Rivers is the only qb I really enjoyed to watch in college except for Eli. Rivers is smart make good decision you add smartness to skill at the qb position an you got a player plus he is the toughest qb in college. It is crazy people think Losman is better than Rivers because he can throw to the moon. River idealizes Marino he could learn from Marino because Rivers will ask questions.

Originally posted by Noland
What is wrong with Rivers except with his delivery. This guy reminded me of a NFL qb more than anyone you can't always go with a gun slinger like Eli or Ben which I think they will be great. Wuerfell was the on of the greatest qb's in college history got to the nfl an turned out to be worse than Fiedler an Fielder came from an Ivy college. If you can get Eli or Ben get them but if they can't why not try Rivers. Rivers is the only qb I really enjoyed to watch in college except for Eli. Rivers is smart make good decision you add smartness to skill at the qb position an you got a player plus he is the toughest qb in college. It is crazy people think Losman is better than Rivers because he can throw to the moon. River idealizes Marino he could learn from Marino because Rivers will ask questions.

Besides his delivery is where he carries the ball.....fumble prone position.

That being said....I've always liked Rivers and if we can't get Eli/Ben, I'd like to see us get Rivers....he can be coached out of his minor weaknesses.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

I agree 100%. I'd also take Losman over Rivers(so would about 80% of draft analysts).

and where are these draft analysts? rivers is NOT a reach low in the first, if we don't take him GB will, Rivers IS the 3rd QB in the draft, and rightlfuly so.

I can't promise nothing I don't what will happen in the future but I can tell you what I saw in college. Rivers is smart an has good awareness on who is around him that is why he has a quick release. That release has burned may defensemen when Marino was playing. He may fumble some but all players fumble sometimes Williams to me is a top 3 rb in the NFL skill wise but he has a problem fumbling. The good thing about rivers is his awareness whe a defensive player is around him he would pull it in or complete a pass he is one of the smartest college qb's I have ever seen.

This QB needs to succeed with some team he has earned it.
His first year when he was a freshman when he brought Wolfpack back from a 14 point defecit against Indiana I hoped oneday he would be a dolphin.

That is my opinion but other people feel different.

I LOVE THE DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!

I see the Phins trading down. They need alot of picks.

Originally posted by Graythreat

and where are these draft analysts?

Kiper your prime example, he actually has Rivers ranked 5th I believe.

all this talk of drafting rookie QB's has me having nightmares of Leaf, Crouch, Wuerffel, Weinke, Toretta, Detmer, Ware, and the like..... i am gun-shy on that matter.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
all this talk of drafting rookie QB's has me having nightmares of Leaf, Crouch, Wuerffel, Weinke, Toretta, Detmer, Ware, and the like..... i am gun-shy on that matter.

we gotta take a chance man. We haven't taken a high one since marino. I say jump for Eli, he gives me the least reason to fear a bust.

yeah but you'd have to be lacking more than a brain to think that eli or phillip will still be around by the 20th pick. unless we can work out something like giving up o-gun for someone else's first rounder, we can kiss those two QB's goodbye. i haven't seen another QB worth taking that early in the draft anyway. so when those two are gone, we might as well look at another position.

At last someone who sees what I see...like QB is the only thing we need on O..I still think we have tom Brady #2 on the bench in Sage...but since he don't have the game experience, we don't give him the chance. Brady wouldn't have gotten the chance if Drew didn't go down...If our D is so good, then we could afford a couple of training games for Sage, but in the end I think he gets us to where we want to go....

speaking of sage, did anyone see that funny segment about him the second to last week of fins tv? where they showed his game prep and what he does all week? that was some funny ****!

they had him ironing fiedler's jersey and picking up wanny's bagels from the bagel store!!! then he explained the intricacies of keeping the bench warm for jay for when he comes off the field...

yeah but you'd have to be lacking more than a brain to think that eli or phillip will still be around by the 20th pick. unless we can work out something like giving up o-gun for someone else's first rounder, we can kiss those two QB's goodbye. i haven't seen another QB worth taking that early in the draft anyway. so when those two are gone, we might as well look at another position.

Rivers WILL be there, of course we'd need to move way up for Eli.

Back
Top Bottom