Dan will get Miami a Good QB. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan will get Miami a Good QB.

I'd say Sage is closer to starting for us than Eli and Rivers..If they're drafted in the first round, that kind of money can't sit on the bench and we'll be in earlier than later, but are we ready for that kind of growing pain? If we can't get Eli, then I say draft a WR, and let Brunell, Jay and Sage fight it out...I actually hope Sage wins..then we have 2 experience QB's to fall back on...Sage showed me some things while DC and he wasn't bad in preseason...I wish Wanny what get some balls on this one..

Ya Rivers should be around at #20.

On the Sage issue....I really wish I lived near Miami so I could get a chance to see these guys practice.

Has the talent for this system definitely, the work ethic, knows the system. The guy deserves a shot in training camp.

We had practice tapes from earlier this year, and sage wasn't bad, remember sage was apart of Steve S. getting so much hype in DC when the Skins beats the 49ers 40 somethin to 7, Sage was on fire..but Spurrier wanted his FL guys and let us have Sage for a 7th.
Now only if we would develope him and give a chance, I think the people on this board would be pleasantly surprised.

Put sage as our #1, but draft a rookie to groom if we must. As it is, I think Eli or ben could walk on and be as good as Jay, if not better.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
We had practice tapes from earlier this year, and sage wasn't bad, remember sage was apart of Steve S. getting so much hype in DC when the Skins beats the 49ers 40 somethin to 7, Sage was on fire..but Spurrier wanted his FL guys and let us have Sage for a 7th.
Now only if we would develope him and give a chance, I think the people on this board would be pleasantly surprised.

Sounds like he's kinda gettin' the trusty-dusty shaft.

Anybody on the staff high on him?

I am in favor of having a vet. battle it out with Sage. Use our first rounder on WR. It's a situation where you set up some QB on your roster for success like they did with Delhomme and Brady.

Originally posted by Jaj
I am in favor of having a vet. battle it out with Sage. Use our first rounder on WR. It's a situation where you set up some QB on your roster for success like they did with Delhomme and Brady.

God forbid Wanny slink away from what he thinks is the only way to win and try something fresh that has worked well for 2 other teams (at least).

I think that idea definitely has its merits.

Its very hard to tell. Anytime the staff talks about him they say he'll be good one day and will start. Norv said he'd start one day and perform really well.

BUT, what else they gonna say? As it is, they were so worried about Sage they went out and invited the Griese controversy to Miami. As it is, Sage didn't beat Griese for the #2 spot even with Griese injured. What we have to understand is we did not see what the coaches saw. The Brady comparison is not a good one because prior to Drew severing an artery, Brady had beat out veteran FA signee Damon Huard for the backup QB job, and the staff was high on him. He would have eventually replaced Drew the way Drew was playing (which was a lot like the way he played this year in Buffalo when he was booed constantly).

I'm all for drafting Eli Manning and having him compete with Sage Rosenfels for the start. I wouldn't be surprised if Sage won or if Eli won.

QB isn't our only need on offense, but it is our greatest need, and it is the most important position on the field....we've made the mistake long enough of thinking differently.

I think we're fine at WR honestly. That wasn't the problem that stood out to me this season. I see similar WR play from many teams who have better attacks than we do. We need QB and OL, in that order.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Sounds like he's kinda gettin' the trusty-dusty shaft.

Anybody on the staff high on him?

Pretty much, Wanny picked Jay and has stayed faithful, but when we got Sage, I got kind of got excited until I realized Jay is the man, and for whatever reason this year we didn't give him a chance, most on this board think it was to keep his offseason price now and resign him, but he could have gotten some valuable experience this year and put to rest our quibbling about a future QB, I think Miami made a mistake when Greise was struggling and not giving Sage a shot in one of those games...

ya know, i honestly have no idea what Sage can do, since the only time i saw him play was in the Green Bay game a season or two ago when Ray Lucas went down. He ran like 2 or 3 plays and didnt look that good, but that can most likely be chocked up to rust and him not having time to get loose before he played. I'd like to see him get a shot, though, because i've heard good things about him. Also, if he can take over at QB, that'd free up our draft picks to address other areas of the team, like that bad high school JV o-line we have, lol.

Originally posted by Graythreat
Put sage as our #1, but draft a rookie to groom if we must. As it is, I think Eli or ben could walk on and be as good as Jay, if not better.

You're joking right....:lol:

Look I could say that I like Sage, but i would be lying considering the fact that ive never seen him play, i mean, really play.

Now I'm all for giving this kid a shot, but not here and not now, this team has got enough potential to go all the way and I just don't believe you put a team of this caliber and the responsibilies that come with it in the hands of an unproven kid.

Maybe, If our coaching staff really believed in this kid (Witch i doubt they do) I could live with Brunell coming in for a few years and then handing the team over to Sage. Meaning we skip a stud QB in this draft and go WR O-Line, but I don't like that idea either.

We should bring in a veteran, promote Sage to #2 and diaper a rookie at #3. Although I'm not sold on Rivers either, I kinda like Losman.:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom