Dan will get Miami a Good QB. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan will get Miami a Good QB.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

You mean we shouldn't take a chance like NE did 2 years ago, when they gave Brady the keys in the car, um a kid drafted in the 6th round, a kid who lost his 1st two then went on a tear, who wouldn't let Drew back on the field when Drew was healthy, you mean find out if you have jewel, but keep it in the safe and never let it shine, like NE let their jewel out and see how bright it could be. You mean we're so close that some new blood would just stop what we've doing....I know, we're like Philly, except they seem to get to the conf. championship before they get hosed. We haven't been in the playoffs, just like Jake Delhomme had all that experience for a team Fox was building and now they're in the SB just like non experience Brady, and now even Brady's back.

Are you should we couldn't try a little new blood..have a vet on the sideline to help him in low times.

Brady was the backup not #3. He was behind a #1 overall pick not Jay "the noodle arm" Fiedler. Oh and Brady just kept winning and was the super bowl MVP before they let Bledsoe go. NOT THE SAME AT ALL. Otherwise everyone should cut the starter and hope the backup is Brady-esque.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Trading up for Roethlisberger would be much easier.

And IMO he is a better QB. Unfortunaly his last name is not Manning. Lets face it if his fater wasnt who he is and brother who he is. He would NOT be the #1 QB in the draft. If his name were Eli Smith and we wathed him put up the numbers he did he would be a mid first rounder. It all about pedigree with him.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

I don't know if it was the cold or he was just off or whatever, but those 4 picks were terrible throws imo. Very bad day for Peyton.

Yes it was but it was also a game with the season on the line and they just couldn't get it done. That's what counts the most.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
CK said it!!!

Teams do not have a chance like the Phins might have come draft day. A CHANCE to move up to grab on of the best players in the draft.

I still think the Raiders are the best possible chance for the trade to happen. They need a stud DE. They NEED PICKS. We have OGUN and Picks. So they should trade up to the #2. EVEN if the Chargers take Eli. Then we get Larry!

i don't think the raiders will do it. First, we can't "trade" o-gun, he's a FA. Only thing we can do is to tender him with a qualifying offer and go from there. If they NEED picks, this ain't the way for them to go. Sure they may need a DE, but they need WR and QB more first. But for us to even move up, we'd first have to have someone sign O-gun and give us at least the #1.
Of all the teams with early picks, I think the redskins to be the likely candidate to go for o-gun. They are the ones with a more pressing need for DE of the early pickers.
anyway, if the Skins do bite, that gives us the #5 and 20. That #5 pick would be interesting. Alot of folks think that SD will take Eli at #1 but I ain't too sure. I don't know if Schottenschitter figures he'll have time enough to develope another QB under his new system with all the pressure he's starting to feel so i kind of look for him to take someone like Gallery to protect Brees more and give Brees another/better chance. That means that Eli slides a bit and i really think that oak will take Fitzgerald in any case and Eli will got to Az at #3. Enter the Giants. Teir priority is OL and saftey so i would expect them to grab Sean taylor ther leaving us with Big Ben. Not a bad pick at #5. Now if SD does take Eli like most mocks suggest, then Ben will likely go to AZ and if NYG don't take Gallery, I would at the 5 pick. If they do take him, then I would think about either taking Shawn Andrews or trading the #5 to someone more desparate for a later rnd #1 and a 2. I would not take losman or Rivers at #5 cuz either is likely to be available at our #20 pick anyway.
Bottom line is that we need to come away with one of the young QBs in the first round. And as far as the rest goes, if the OL is adequately addressed in FA, then we'll be talking guys like the Williams "twins" instead of Gallery and Andrews. ;)

Originally posted by DeDolfan

i don't think the raiders will do it. First, we can't "trade" o-gun, he's a FA. Only thing we can do is to tender him with a qualifying offer and go from there.

Not exactly. We can trade the RIGHTS to O-gun, which is in essence, trading him. We can trade the rights to match any offers to him to San Diego. Then he's their problem, they can let him get signed away from that (stupid) or match any offer that comes to him. We would however be responsible for any accelerated signings that are incurred.

Originally posted by Graythreat

Not exactly. We can trade the RIGHTS to O-gun, which is in essence, trading him. We can trade the rights to match any offers to him to San Diego. Then he's their problem, they can let him get signed away from that (stupid) or match any offer that comes to him. We would however be responsible for any accelerated signings that are incurred.

This is true howeve highly unlikely. SD would be foolish to do that since why would be do anything with o_gun unless we got at least a #1 in return? That would mean SD giving us their 31 [overall] pick and would STILL have to match any other offers to keep him or take that #1 pick in which they would have simply traded up for nothing at all. i think that would be just dumb on their part. If we traded away the rights, we're all done with him. What accelerated signings are you speaking of that we would still be responsible for?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

This is true howeve highly unlikely. SD would be foolish to do that since why would be do anything with o_gun unless we got at least a #1 in return? That would mean SD giving us their 31 [overall] pick and would STILL have to match any other offers to keep him or take that #1 pick in which they would have simply traded up for nothing at all. i think that would be just dumb on their part. If we traded away the rights, we're all done with him. What accelerated signings are you speaking of that we would still be responsible for?

While I think it is unlikely as well, I can see a pakage O-gun, madinson, our 20 pick, and possibly a pick from next year getting us their pick. That's only IF they decided they were willing to trade it..which I'm not sure they are. Madsn would ahve to restructure as well, but it's my understanding that he'll be asked to restructure anyway....which he should.

As far as the bonus goes, I'm not totally clear. If we're in charge of any accelerated bonuses for this year only, that to me would men we owe them nothing as he's not under contract. However I can't forsee that being the case, if it is so, why even apply that situation to a trade of the RFA rights? The only thing I can think of, is we're responsible for his future bonus IF he is released or traded from SD? I'd immagine that would just apply until his next contract as well? I've been digging to find hte answer, but as of yet, I've come up empty handed.

Teams can sign & trade. It will allow OGUN to have a contract that he and the Raiders like.

Teams can sign & trade. It will allow OGUN to have a contract that he and the Raiders like.
pretty sure you cannot do that
(h) No Consideration Between Clubs. There may be no consideration of any kind given by one Club to another Club in exchange for a Club’s decision to exercise or not to exercise its Right of First Refusal, or in exchange for a Club’s decision to submit or not to submit an Offer Sheet to a Restricted Free Agent or to make or not to make an offer to enter into a Player Contract with a Restricted Free Agent. If a Club exercises its Right of First Refusal and matches an Offer Sheet, that Club may not trade that player to the Club that submitted the Offer Sheet for at least one calendar year, unless the player consents to such trade.
http://nflpa.org/members/main.asp?subPage=CBA+Complete#art18

never happen. Either O-gun is going his big bucks now, or he's going to leave. He will ask for big money, and rightfuly so, he deserves it. Anything we sign him to, will surely have a good chunk of a bonus in it that would be an instant cap hit. He won't sign a contract without a bonus, as then he would be guranteed nothing...ever. He'll want a big bonus, let's say...3-4 million? And that would be instant cap hit to us.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Brady was the backup not #3. He was behind a #1 overall pick not Jay "the noodle arm" Fiedler. Oh and Brady just kept winning and was the super bowl MVP before they let Bledsoe go. NOT THE SAME AT ALL. Otherwise everyone should cut the starter and hope the backup is Brady-esque.

Some times you just have to take a chance, like we did with Jay..

True, sometimes you do have to take a chance. If we dont get Brunell, i'd be totally comfotable with Sage in there, keeping jay (with a renegotiated contract, of course) as a veteran safety net, with a rook like Rivers as the #3 till he develops. Then again, if Sage pulls a Brady we may not need rivers to develop, lol.

Back
Top Bottom