Danny Crossman Needs to Go and I Don't Care Where | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Danny Crossman Needs to Go and I Don't Care Where

It is really shocking how bad we are on Special Teams.......
Missed FGs
Missed XPs
Poor coverage on returns
Giving up fake punts (though they stopped the one vs GB)
Weak KOs that hardly make it to the endzone if at all
Penalties on returns, even on ones where the returner called Fair Catch
Returns non existent and uninspiring yet they still keep putting the same ineffective guys back there
The only good thing about Special Teams is Moorstead and his punting.

Last edited:
I want to know why we have Mostert returning kicks and Wilson returning punts. It’s like we don’t care about returns at all and just want a guy who can catch and not fumble. We have Hill who had 2 punt return TDs and a kickoff return TD as a rookie. He had 1 punt return TD each of the following 2 seasons. After he broke out as a game changing WR, KC stopped using him as a return man. I need an explanation why we didn’t roll the dice and have him returning punts in the 2nd half in a game we really needed to win. It’s not like it was week 2; it was week 16 and we needed a spark for the offense.

I want to know why we have Mostert returning kicks and Wilson returning punts. It’s like we don’t care about returns at all and just want a guy who can catch and not fumble. We have Hill who had 2 punt return TDs and a kickoff return TD as a rookie. He had 1 punt return TD each of the following 2 seasons. After he broke out as a game changing WR, KC stopped using him as a return man. I need an explanation why we didn’t roll the dice and have him returning punts in the 2nd half in a game we really needed to win. It’s not like it was week 2; it was week 16 and we needed a spark for the offense.
I mean can't they try Sherfield or that Braylon Sanders kid back there?

Crossman and Boyer should be gone at the end of the season. If the team finishes 8-9 then McDaniel and his entire staff should be gone along with Chris Grier. An epic season collapse like that should not be acceptable.

It's not like Crossman has much talent to work with. All the guys he gets are fvcking scrubs. Everyone knows our LBers, Ns TE's suck, plus he gets Fegedelem or whatever, Crossman, Campbell and a few other scrubs. The depth is crap across the board for special teams. With that in mind, I don't have on issue at all moving on from him, but the special teams talent needs to be sorely upgraded!!

We give up a big PR almost every game
And so frustrating since it's easy to see how undisciplined the defenders are. Six guys will be hanging out in the same area leaving gigantic holes elsewhere. Returner looks up and sees a twenty yard empty region and racks up those yards without even getting touched. Hopefully they work on that in practice this week. Lol

#31st or 32nd in the league special teams DVOA the entire year. We were 5th as recently as 2020.

Flores was the coach in 2020.

Flores had this team (outside of offense) tuned up. Defense was humming and Special Teams hovered between “about average” and “good”.

Flores also had the same record as McD but without all the toys McD has. Like Hill, Armstead, Mostert, etc.

I really would have liked to see what Flores could have done with all the toys McD has and a different QB.

Flores had this team (outside of offense) tuned up. Defense was humming and Special Teams hovered between “about average” and “good”.

Flores also had the same record as McD but without all the toys McD has. Like Hill, Armstead, Mostert, etc.

I really would have liked to see what Flores could have done with all the toys McD has and a different QB.
Didn't Flores have 5 wins in his first year as head coach? I seem to remember that.....

Agree. Not happy when Flores got Crossman, but I sort of understand that it can sometimes be tough for new HCs to put together a good coaching staff. Providing any decent ones become available, has McDaniel done enough this season to attract better coaches this off-season?

Yeah, I'd love to see how that two-headed OC attack would have performed, or Chan Gaily for that matter. Newsflash, he still would have been just as disinterested in the O as he ALWAYS was and not have the ability to hire and retain O staff...

I don't care if he's the only coach they replace but he HAS to go, even before Boyer.

He has exactly zero accolades in his 30 year coaching career. His bio highlight is the Vikings returning a PR and KR for TDs against his squad when he was coaching with the Lions, lol.

"Crossman began his coaching career at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in 1993 where he coached the defensive backs and special teams. Crossman spent 2003-2009 as a member of the Carolina Panthers coaching staff. He was the Panthers special teams coordinator over his last 5 seasons with the team. Crossman was hired by the Detroit Lions in 2010 as special teams coordinator. On September 30, 2012, against the Lions, the Minnesota Vikings returned a kickoff and a punt for a touchdown for the first time in a single game in franchise history. On February 8, 2019, the Miami Dolphins announced Crossman as their special teams coordinator. He received an additional title of assistant head coach on March 11, 2021."

Go have a seat, Crossman.
He can take the kicker with him…

Agree. Not happy when Flores got Crossman, but I sort of understand that it can sometimes be tough for new HCs to put together a good coaching staff. Providing any decent ones become available, has McDaniel done enough this season to attract better coaches this off-season?
I think it was more the D played well during the second half of the season and keeping them intact and not disturbing things allowed McDaniel to focus on fixing the O. I don't think he'll have any problem replacing either of them. I'm sure he now has an idea of what "he" is looking for after this year's collapse.

It was a red flag for me when McDaniel didn’t bring his own coordinators. I don’t understand why he kept & crossman.
I think because the last couple of years prior to this season, Defense and special teams were pretty highly rated, so why would he? Obvioulsy, wheels fell off this year and he needs to address D & ST coordinator next year, but I can understand why he didn’t this year.

Back
Top Bottom