Danny Crossman Needs to Go and I Don't Care Where | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Danny Crossman Needs to Go and I Don't Care Where

Stoobz

Eschew the Onvious
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't care if he's the only coach they replace but he HAS to go, even before Boyer.

He has exactly zero accolades in his 30 year coaching career. His bio highlight is the Vikings returning a PR and KR for TDs against his squad when he was coaching with the Lions, lol.

"Crossman began his coaching career at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in 1993 where he coached the defensive backs and special teams. Crossman spent 2003-2009 as a member of the Carolina Panthers coaching staff. He was the Panthers special teams coordinator over his last 5 seasons with the team. Crossman was hired by the Detroit Lions in 2010 as special teams coordinator. On September 30, 2012, against the Lions, the Minnesota Vikings returned a kickoff and a punt for a touchdown for the first time in a single game in franchise history. On February 8, 2019, the Miami Dolphins announced Crossman as their special teams coordinator. He received an additional title of assistant head coach on March 11, 2021."

Go have a seat, Crossman.

The nfl is the worst when it comes to this type of stuff. So many guys get jobs based on relationships and not ability. There are a lot of young coaches that never break through because untalented buddies keep hanging around the nfl taking up jobs. That drug addict coach we had a few years back immediately jumps to mind. He had known character issues and he kept getting jobs with different teams.

The nfl is the worst when it comes to this type of stuff. So many guys get jobs based on relationships and not ability. There are a lot of young coaches that never break through because untalented buddies keep hanging around the nfl taking up jobs. That drug addict coach we had a few years back immediately jumps to mind. He had known character issues and he kept getting jobs with different teams.
I assume you're referring to "coke snort" Chris Foerster, and you're absolutely right he was a drug addict, didn't deserve some of his hires, and did a poor job for us. Funny how things work out, though, he cleaned up, and has been doing a superb job as the 49ers O line coach for couple years, and as Mcd's old job, run game coordinator. I'd let Applebaum continue to grow, but, when not coked up beyond belief, Foerster's sadly been our best Oline coach going back a lot of years. A sadly low bar, though.

Boyer and Crossman should both be locks to be fired regardless of the outcome of season/postseason. They are complete trash at their jobs. Boyer has somehow found a way to make players worseā€¦.. consistently. He looks the part too, a real ass of a face.

Iā€™m intrigued to see what kind of staff McDaniel can piece together going into year two. Definitely needs an experienced and battle tested DC, preferably one with HC experience.

I don't care if he's the only coach they replace but he HAS to go, even before Boyer.

He has exactly zero accolades in his 30 year coaching career. His bio highlight is the Vikings returning a PR and KR for TDs against his squad when he was coaching with the Lions, lol.

"Crossman began his coaching career at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in 1993 where he coached the defensive backs and special teams. Crossman spent 2003-2009 as a member of the Carolina Panthers coaching staff. He was the Panthers special teams coordinator over his last 5 seasons with the team. Crossman was hired by the Detroit Lions in 2010 as special teams coordinator. On September 30, 2012, against the Lions, the Minnesota Vikings returned a kickoff and a punt for a touchdown for the first time in a single game in franchise history. On February 8, 2019, the Miami Dolphins announced Crossman as their special teams coordinator. He received an additional title of assistant head coach on March 11, 2021."

I believe Tony Sparano was Coast Guard HC around the same time? Too lazy to look that up.

14 years as a ST coach.

Carolina
Detriot
Buffalo

Never really considered to have a top end unit. Bills fans routinely talked how bad and undisciplined his units were and wanted him gone. And immediately McD moved on from him (even with the Carolina Connection).

He isnā€™t a good ST coach. Middling at best.

Put his picture up so we can stare into the eyes of failure

mluksltxzvviuondvtg4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom