Dare I say "I told you so"? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dare I say "I told you so"?

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Fin-atic, on a completely non-related note, whenever I get into a debate with you and see that avatar glowering back with me, it's like I'm arguing with Ricky! :D

While I will say that your original argument had a much stronger basis in reality than the Erralyn tangent, I'm choosing to disagree with you. I'm not convinced any of the names you brought up will be any more valuable long-term than Eddie Moore. Again there's no way of knowing yet.

I share your concern for our suddenly thin OL corps. But I think that will be addressed by a FA or waiver wire pickup before too long.

Hey Doc:

No sweat. I want to thank you for being the only one who calmly disagreed. You did it without jumping off on a tangent. I repsect your cool nature and intelligence.

I of course agree with you. My critics on this thread got caught up in the posts by Erralyn. They need to go back and read my initial post again and hear me say I am sure that the Dolphins will work out of this.
Where I do disagree is that although Moore may be a long term success our time is running out on this crop of players. We needed to fortify the team to win this year. As future years come and go so will future draft picks etc. But this off season was the chance to address winning this year.

The "I told you so" was meant in fun and tounge in cheek. Some egos got bruised and decided to turn into an attack on my self-esteem (that's a real problem HAH!). But I expected when I made the post.

So I am just chillin and waiting for the Jacksonville game so I can see how we are progressing.

Thanks for being normal.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
So....

...Who wants to go back to discussing gettin a little mud on the helmet with Alizee?

CK you're killin me.:lolcry:

I gotta agree with Fin-atic here. I wasn't nearly as heavy hearted as him when they announced his name, but I wasn't happy. EVERYONE thought they were going O-line or Wide Receiver. For anyone who denies it, well I don't want to call the liars so....

As far as hidehind te ecusabout injuries bringing out the " I told you so's," Why shouldn't they? This dude cost us a draft pick and now we have to wait at least one year (if not longer) to see if this was a worthy pick or not. Not only that, but his injuris creates more depth problems now. Not only do we have as shaky O-line (with tons of injuris and little backup experience mind you), but we have a depleted linebacker corps who, if the starters get injured, we're screwed.

For those of you who want to hide behind the "Who would you have drafted?" question, I say this. I sure as hell wouldn't have droppd a second rounder on a linebacker I haven't heard of when more pressing needs were staring at us in the face. I liked what I heard about Moore during training camp, but he could have very well been drafted later ( I assume, of course) and picked up more talent elsehwere (i.e. Wide Receiver, Offensive Linemen etc.).

WOW, I won't get into Fin's argument, since I am no Dolphin expert, but errozol's or whatever, argument is rather pitiful. She hasn't based her saying the Moore pick was a major reach on aything other than draft boards, while others have actually named coaches saying it was a good pick. An injured shoulder does not make you break your foot. He didn't produce his first year, so who does?? Mike Vick barely even got on the field his rookie year, how is he? Sure there are people like Portis and Tomlinson who take the league by storm as rookies, but the poor guy gets hurt, and he is a bust? That's all I have to say, but this was good entertainment at 3:00 in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by infiltrateib
Guys, stop the fighting. I realized, just today, that this whole Eddie Moore injury doesn't matter--not because we have LB depth, or because he was playing poorly, or because he'll come back soon... but because there is a girl that looks like this in the world:

clear.gif

Suddenly nothing in the world matters to me...

Well, excpet for, well, you know...

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
WOW, I won't get into Fin's argument, since I am no Dolphin expert, but errozol's or whatever, argument is rather pitiful. She hasn't based her saying the Moore pick was a major reach on aything other than draft boards, while others have actually named coaches saying it was a good pick. An injured shoulder does not make you break your foot. He didn't produce his first year, so who does?? Mike Vick barely even got on the field his rookie year, how is he? Sure there are people like Portis and Tomlinson who take the league by storm as rookies, but the poor guy gets hurt, and he is a bust? That's all I have to say, but this was good entertainment at 3:00 in the morning.

Good point...

Ask the Falcons or Panthers if they wish they had taken Portis... Or ask any of the other dozens of teams who passed on him, allowing him to slide to the 2nd round... Imagine if the Vikings had the sense to grab him instead of fighting with fellow Hurricane McKinnie...

Originally posted by WharfRat
Crazy ... the "time of the month" comment was unecessary, and out of line. I believe this is the second time I've had to say something about your comments being on a personal level.... keep the personal attacks out of it. Period.

PERIOD! I dunno. I found humour in this ;p

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/030813.html

Well...if THIS scenario plays out, I can see some people giving out a BIG "I told ya so" at the end of the year.

"The Tites came up with that Oklahoma DB, a monster WR pick in Tyrone Calico, and that RB from Colorado, Chris Brown, who Dub is waffling on. Yeah, he look-did real good running through truck-sized holes, but he's vertical, straight up and down, no body lean; the Tites got one of them in Eddie "Where Ray-Ray At?" George.

Calico is the plain main truth, though, and so is Jevon Kearse. If he can come back to anything like what he was, it may be a Tite turn."

and

"Yep. Tennessee vs. Miami in the AFC title tilt.

Tyrone Calico. Titans in the Super Bowl."

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/030813.html

Well...if THIS scenario plays out, I can see some people giving out a BIG "I told ya so" at the end of the year.

"The Tites came up with that Oklahoma DB, a monster WR pick in Tyrone Calico, and that RB from Colorado, Chris Brown, who Dub is waffling on. Yeah, he look-did real good running through truck-sized holes, but he's vertical, straight up and down, no body lean; the Tites got one of them in Eddie "Where Ray-Ray At?" George.

Calico is the plain main truth, though, and so is Jevon Kearse. If he can come back to anything like what he was, it may be a Tite turn."

and

"Yep. Tennessee vs. Miami in the AFC title tilt.

Tyrone Calico. Titans in the Super Bowl."

Ralph Wiley is back to his crack-smoking days...horribly written article, as always(whether it be basketball or football)....Titans and Dolphins?....Dolphins, maybe...Titans, no f*cken way....each year they get older and lose people to FA or injury...The AFC is tougher, and they won't be able to make by McNair alone anymore...they lost their best LB(Godfrey) too...titans are toast

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Ralph Wiley is back to his crack-smoking days...horribly written article, as always(whether it be basketball or football)....Titans and Dolphins?....Dolphins, maybe...Titans, no f*cken way....each year they get older and lose people to FA or injury...The AFC is tougher, and they won't be able to make by McNair alone anymore...they lost their best LB(Godfrey) too...titans are toast

Actually I was referring to Tyrone Calico, the player we COULD have taken in the 2nd round.

Back
Top Bottom