Dare I say "I told you so"? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dare I say "I told you so"?

Re: Ugh

Originally posted by erralyn
The accusations some of you are hurling my way about my inability to be pleased are entirely unfounded. This is the one intolerable offense I have ever had with this FO. It pisses me off. Hate it hate it hate it. No hard feelings for Eddie Moore the person..but Moore the football player I want gone ASAP so the memory can fade.

What I do not understand: If this is the only thing the FO has ever done as an intolerable offense, why does it matter? They have been right about every single other thing. Heck, I can't even say that about the FO. I would chill about it. Venting on a message board is not going to change the fact that he is there the next 5 years...

Re: I think

Wannstedt and Spielman, Gruden, and was it Davis? are all good judges of talent. But this pick sucked. And I don't believe them when they say they would have taken him. You can't trust this coaches, they want to put the most positive spin on their drafts, and they protect the draft status quo of defending their peers by saying things like that.

Well, Davis took OLB Chuan Thompson 3 picks later.

Fine

I'll get off his case until the next news story related to him. Then I'm back on it. If he turns out to suck ( as I'm sure he does ) as a 2nd round pick I want you all to one day realize it. And to me you have to be a die hard Moore apologist not to bash him at this point, but that's just me.

Re: Fine

I'll get off his case until the next news story related to him. Then I'm back on it. If he turns out to suck ( as I'm sure he does ) as a 2nd round pick I want you all to one day realize it. And to me you have to be a die hard Moore apologist not to bash him at this point, but that's just me.

Thank God!

Re: Fine

And to me you have to be a die hard Moore apologist not to bash him at this point, but that's just me.

You're absolutely right.:D

Originally posted by 13isgr81

You're right... You know more than Speilman/Wanny/Turner/Bates combined... Its obvious to me now that the Miami Dolphins front office can not hold a candle to your football knowledge and foresight... How could anyone be so stupid as to trust paid highly-experienced professionals to do their jobs when we have Message Board Personel Directors like you around... We should just fire them all so you can run all facets of the team from your computer desk... Yea thats the ticket.

ALL HAIL FIN-ATIC...
FOR HE IS THE OMINPOTENT FOOTBALL ALL-BEING!
REMEMBER, HE TOLD US SO!!!

I am glad to know that every person holding a job of Coach, Personnel director , etc. in the NFL is automaticaly right. I am gald they have never made any mistakes. I am glad they have never picked a bust, or made poor decisions. I am glad that every draft decision made in the NFL is correct because "they are the experts".

I was wondering if they always get it right, where are those Lombardi trophies?

Nice try with the sarcasim. You can't argue my point so you resort to trying to antagonize me into a confrontation. But I won;t take the bait.

Does it suck being wrong? I bet it does.

YUP

I think most people believed we needed to draft either OL, OLB, or WR with the early picks in the draft. For me, I thought our OL and OLB were in about the same situation.....and I see the same problem now. Both positions were already thin and now they both have injuries. I think we'll be ok, and I think Wanny-Spiel will take care of it.

Fin-atic, on a completely non-related note, whenever I get into a debate with you and see that avatar glowering back with me, it's like I'm arguing with Ricky! :D

While I will say that your original argument had a much stronger basis in reality than the Erralyn tangent, I'm choosing to disagree with you. I'm not convinced any of the names you brought up will be any more valuable long-term than Eddie Moore. Again there's no way of knowing yet.

I share your concern for our suddenly thin OL corps. But I think that will be addressed by a FA or waiver wire pickup before too long.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Anti-logic.

Try thinking about this. When our pick came around to Eddie Moore, what LTs were available? I'll name them for you.

1. Wayne Hunter
2. Brett Williams
3. Wade Smith

Guess which guy the coaches liked the most, out of them. Can you guess? Wade Smith. They did not like Wayne Hunter, they did not think Brett Williams could be a LT, but they liked Wade Smith.

So if you had your way with the #49 pick in the draft the Miami Dolphins select....Wade Smith! A full round ahead of where we could have gotten him in the 3rd. But, magically his newfound SECOND ROUND status instead of his THIRD ROUND status gives him the power and stamina to not be handled by Jason Taylor everyday in practice.

Sorry dude, but if you're gonna harp on somethin the Phins did or didn't do in the draft, try and look more closely at the situation.

Excellent point! I think We would have picked Wade Smith at 49 overall if we'd passed on OLB Moore and gone OL

Re: Everything I read..

Everything I read about this guy on draft day indicated we picked him wayyyyyy too early given all the factors, injury history not least among them. 'With the Dolphin's 2nd round pick, they select...a dislocated foot'

All of you Moore supporters are entitled to your opinion, me and the other Eddie non supporters were quiet as supposedly he had a good training camp ( whatever that means ), and now he's down from an injury which fits his history of injuries.

Draft another O-lineman, draft another TE, draft a project a CB, draft a QB..just don't draft Eddie Moore in that situation.

I still support Wannstedt, think he's a great coach and he lets Spielman make great personel decisions..

..but this pick sucked.

Again, pick a player drafted in the 2nd round after our pick..I'd be happier with ANY ONE of them.

I remember this being said way back on draft day and it being established that it was not the case, and that he was being looked at by more than a couple teams around pick 49.......

Originally posted by fin-atic
Does it suck being wrong? I bet it does.

Although I don't believe I am wrong in this case, no in general it does not "Suck being wrong"...

For those of us who have some intellectual humility it actually helps to be wrong every once in a while... It causes a person to look at things differently and realize they are not perfect...

Some people can't stand to admit when they are wrong because of fears that it will illuminate their own percieved short commings to others.... Usually these people have fragile egos, lack self confidence, crave attention, and jump at every chance they get to show how much smarter they are than everyone else by starting conversations with phrazes like:
"I told you so"...

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I told you so........:foundout:
:lol: :lol:
You may suck cause your a Bills fan, but you are a funny guy.

Back
Top Bottom