Dare I say "I told you so"? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dare I say "I told you so"?

When did I say

I held all of our 2nd round picks to the same standard?

I only hold a guy like Eddie Moore to that standard because we REACHED so much for him. We need massive vindication.

McKinney can back up all 3 spots ( perhaps ) on the O-line, that guy was a worthy top pick and we got him in the 3rd round!

Moore on the other hand, we reached for and won't be backing up ANYONE this year.

One more try

Originally posted by erralyn
he is not a bust if after next season he has earned a Pro Bowl spot, a Pro Bowl alternate spot, or finishes close in Pro Bowl votes for one of these spots. Backup will not cover it. Only a standout player on the defense would cover it for a 2nd round pick. Otherwise he'll always be the player we could have had for a 7th rounder.

I'm going to make one more attempt at pointing out the error in your logic.

Here are the 2001 2nd round draft picks:

32. San Diego Chargers - Drew Brees - QB Purdue
33. Cleveland Browns - Quincy Morgan - WR Kansas State
34. Arizona Cardinals - Kyle Vanden Bosch - DE Nebraska
35. Atlanta Falcons - Alge Crumpler TE North Carolina
36. Cincinnati Bengals - Chad Johnson - WR Oregon State
37. Indianapolis Colts (from Dallas) - Idrees Bashir - S Memphis
38. Chicago Bears - Anthony Thomas - RB Michigan
39. Pittsburgh Steelers (from New England) - Kendrell Bell - LB Georgia
40. Seattle Seahawks - Ken Lucas - DB Ole Miss
41. Green Bay Packers (from San Francisco) - Robert Ferguson - WR Texas A&M
42. St. Louis Rams (from Kansas City) - Tommey Polley - LB Florida State
43. Jacksonville Jaguars - Maurice Williams - OT Michigan
44. Carolina Panthers - Kris Jenkins - DT Maryland
45. Washington Redskins - Fred Smoot - CB Mississippi State
46. Buffalo Bills - Aaron Schoeble - DE Texas Christian
47. San Francisco 49ers (from Green Bay) - Jamie Winborn - LB Vanderbilt
48. New England (from Detroit) - Matt Light - OT Purdue
49. New York Jets - Lamont Jordan - RB Maryland
50. Detroit Lions (from Pittsburgh through New England) - Dominic Raiola - C Nebraska
51. Denver Broncos (from Buffalo) - Paul Toviessi DE Marshall
52. Miami Dolphins (from Indianapolis through Dallas) - Chris Chambers - WR Wisconsin
53. Dallas Cowboys (from New Orleans) - Quincy Carter - QB Georgia
54. Arizona Cardinals (from St. Louis) - Michael Stone - CB Memphis
55. Philadelphia Eagles - Quinton Caver - LB Arkansas
56. Dallas (from Miami) - Tony Dixon - S Alabama
57. Minnesota Vikings - Willie Howard - DT Stanford
58. Buffalo Bills (from Denver) - Travis Henry - RB Tennessee
59. Oakland Raiders - Marques Tuiasosopo - QB Washington
60. Tennessee Titans - Andre Dyson - CB Utah
61. Detroit Lions (from New York Giants) - Shaun Rogers - DT Texas
62. Baltimore Ravens - Gary Baxter - CB Baylor

Out of these 30 players, you know how many made the Pro Bowl after their second season?

One. (And as much as I hate to publicize it, it was Travis Henry.)

By your logic, all 29 other picks were busts. Look over the list. You'll see that's not true.

Re: One more try

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Out of these 30 players, you know how many made the Pro Bowl after their second season?

One. (And as much as I hate to publicize it, it was Travis Henry.)

By your logic, all 29 other picks were busts. Look over the list. You'll see that's not true.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think you guys are naive when you say "Wanny liked Smith better".

What else is he going to say? He was under serious fire for the pick.

And using our two first picks on OL would not have been the worse thing that could have been done. Fact is we could have Hunter and Smith. I remember using two picks on guys named Webb and Simms one year.

I think Jenkins and Ayanbadejo prove that LB depth can be found. I just think we are a banana peel slip away from disaster. It woud be a shame to watch this season and final oppotunity fall by the wayside because we didn't address such a huge need.

You're right... You know more than Speilman/Wanny/Turner/Bates combined... Its obvious to me now that the Miami Dolphins front office can not hold a candle to your football knowledge and foresight... How could anyone be so stupid as to trust paid highly-experienced professionals to do their jobs when we have Message Board Personel Directors like you around... We should just fire them all so you can run all facets of the team from your computer desk... Yea thats the ticket.

ALL HAIL FIN-ATIC...
FOR HE IS THE OMINPOTENT FOOTBALL ALL-BEING!
REMEMBER, HE TOLD US SO!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: And I will try one more time

I hold Eddie Moore to a higher standard BECAUSE he was such a reach.

This is like beating my head against a tatanium reinforced brick wall... He WAS NOT a reach, 2 other teams stated they would have taken him that round had we not... One of them being Tampa... I guess you are going to say Gruden is no judge of talent.

Interesting overeaction to an injury situation.
I admit that when Moore was selected that I was surprised, and confused to some extent. My preferences for that pick would have been for either Mike Doss(who should have been taken in the top 15 picks, and as of draft time there were questions about the safety spot), or Kelly Washington(a speed reciever was actually higher on the needs list than a linebacker).

Me too.

I did not have sex with that woman.
Eddie Moore is injury prone.

If you say it enough times, that makes it true.

Outta here.

I think

Wannstedt and Spielman, Gruden, and was it Davis? are all good judges of talent. But this pick sucked. And I don't believe them when they say they would have taken him. You can't trust this coaches, they want to put the most positive spin on their drafts, and they protect the draft status quo of defending their peers by saying things like that.

Originally posted by mf52dolphin
Interesting overeaction to an injury situation.
I admit that when Moore was selected that I was surprised, and confused to some extent. My preferences for that pick would have been for either Mike Doss(who should have been taken in the top 15 picks, and as of draft time there were questions about the safety spot), or Kelly Washington(a speed reciever was actually higher on the needs list than a linebacker).

Oh please, can you imagine what people would be saying if we had had drafted Kelly Washington...? He's got one of the most bizarre and unknown neck injuries ever documented... The first time he got dinged would we not have the same deluge of people saying "I knew we shouldn't have picked him, he's injury prone, I hat this pick with all of my heart and soul and spirit"...

Not to mention at draft time we already have Derrius Thompson (Who I'll bet you $100 has a better year than Kelly Washington)

Just goes to show how you can't please all the people all the time, and some people you just can't please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I think

Wannstedt and Spielman, Gruden, and was it Davis? are all good judges of talent. But this pick sucked. And I don't believe them when they say they would have taken him. You can't trust this coaches, they want to put the most positive spin on their drafts, and they protect the draft status quo of defending their peers by saying things like that.

Yeah. Like they care.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ugh

The accusations some of you are hurling my way about my inability to be pleased are entirely unfounded. This is the one intolerable offense I have ever had with this FO. It pisses me off. Hate it hate it hate it. No hard feelings for Eddie Moore the person..but Moore the football player I want gone ASAP so the memory can fade.

Erralyn, if you just have a gut feeling that Eddie Moore was a terrible pick, that is totally, completely and in all other ways fine. You may be right. We won't know for another year. But don't try to convince us that:

(1) There's any hard evidence to support that claim YET. (There doesn't have to be. You may still be right.)

(2) His injury validates the claim that it was a bad pick. An injury to a rookie doesn't make the pick bad.

I am not an Eddie Moore apologist. It just exasperates me to see him torn down as a waste when WE DON'T KNOW.

Ok ... now I'm done. I mean it, this time.

Back
Top Bottom