Dare I say "I told you so"? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dare I say "I told you so"?

How will we know?

You could use that argument for us keeping ANYONE on the roster. We have enough information to make a determination that Moore was a bad pick however, now.

Some people think Cecil Collins will break out of jail and go to the Pro Bowl for us, by this logic. Would that make him a good pick? No, the time is here and now to jump off the Moore bandwagon.

No More Moore!

Re: How will we know?

Originally posted by erralyn
You could use that argument for us keeping ANYONE on the roster. We have enough information to make a determination that Moore was a bad pick however, now.

We do? What evidence? See there is all this talk of evidence, but none is here. So give it to me. What? He is out the for the year, but that is not evidence he is a bust. It is evidence that he is out for the year.

Some people think Cecil Collins will break out of jail and go to the Pro Bowl for us, by this logic. Would that make him a good pick? No, the time is here and now to jump off the Moore bandwagon.

No More Moore!

"Some people" (the ones who think Collins will make the pro bowl) are wrong. And that is not a proper response to my argument. That is known as the "Nuclear War DA" and does not fit here. What that means is you take a simple logical argument, and try to use "reductio ad absurdum" to reduce it to an illogical conclusion. nowhere did my argument state that we should keep him around forever. I just want you to consider the fact he might be okay to keep around for the next couple of years :) He might even end up being a decent player. I have considered that he might be a bust, but there is not enough evidence to support that.

His pro career

consists of a dislocated foot. We have ZERO evidence to say that he will be ever be any good, except that he 'looked good in camps.' What I find more significant than that is that he played on an awful Tennessee team, was projected by many boards as being 5-7th round or undrafted, and now has injuries to multiple parts of his body in his history. It's not too soon to make the determination that he was a bad pick.

And btw..I think Alonzo Mayes was a pick that turned out bad, although we didn't know that then and we didn't spend our top pick on him. Is he going to turn it around? I don't think so.

I point again to the fact that you will not find another subject where I am accused of being irrational. Maybe that's because the Moore pick WAS irrational.

Re: His pro career

consists of a dislocated foot. We have ZERO evidence to say that he will be ever be any good, except that he 'looked good in camps.' What I find more significant than that is that he played on an awful Tennessee team, was projected by many boards as being 5-7th round or undrafted, and now has injuries to multiple parts of his body in his history. It's not too soon to make the determination that he was a bad pick.

And btw..I think Alonzo Mayes was a pick that turned out bad, although we didn't know that then and we didn't spend our top pick on him. Is he going to turn it around? I don't think so.

I point again to the fact that you will not find another subject where I am accused of being irrational. Maybe that's because the Moore pick WAS irrational.

You are a real glass is half empty kind of person, aren't you? :cry:

What do you have on any rookies? They all start off with a big fat nothing in the pro career column. We will have to see. You are not willing to concede that he could POSSIBLY MAYBE even have a CHANCE of making something of himself someday.

I, on the other hand, am not willing to write him off so quickly. He could be a bust. He might not. Now is not the time for "I told you so's". In two years is the time for "I told you so's".

One thing I have noticed....Is there a pick in the last year you do like? Is there a pick you ever like when they are drafted? Or do you just pick on whatever picks come along so that you can be gleefully vindicated when even one of them fails?

Look very carefully

Over my posts. Generally, almost never, am I a negative fan. This Moore pick is the one exception, that enraged me from the beginning. The evidence we have so far indicates the Moore pick sucked, and it's time for the other side to concede they were wrong after bashing those who did not support Moore being taken with our first pick.

QUOTE OF THE YEAR

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
That's like buying a car, wrecking it after you drive it off the lot and saying it was a bad purchase.

:roflmao: :rofl:

Re: Look very carefully

Over my posts. Generally, almost never, am I a negative fan. This Moore pick is the one exception, that enraged me from the beginning. The evidence we have so far indicates the Moore pick sucked, and it's time for the other side to concede they were wrong after bashing those who did not support Moore being taken with our first pick.

Tell you what:

I will concede he is a bust in two years if he sucks.

Will you concede he is not a bust if he is a decent player in two years?

I will concede

he is not a bust if after next season he has earned a Pro Bowl spot, a Pro Bowl alternate spot, or finishes close in Pro Bowl votes for one of these spots. Backup will not cover it. Only a standout player on the defense would cover it for a 2nd round pick. Otherwise he'll always be the player we could have had for a 7th rounder.

John Elway should have been out of the league after his rookie season according to some of the logic (logic?) some of these people are using.

Re: I will concede

he is not a bust if after next season he has earned a Pro Bowl spot, a Pro Bowl alternate spot, or finishes close in Pro Bowl votes for one of these spots. Backup will not cover it. Only a standout player on the defense would cover it for a 2nd round pick. Otherwise he'll always be the player we could have had for a 7th rounder.

Damn, do we suck or what? How many of our 2nd round draft picks have made it to the Pro Bowl in their second year. We sure have had a lot of busts.

I think you guys are naive when you say "Wanny liked Smith better".

What else is he going to say? He was under serious fire for the pick.

And using our two first picks on OL would not have been the worse thing that could have been done. Fact is we could have Hunter and Smith. I remember using two picks on guys named Webb and Simms one year.

I think Jenkins and Ayanbadejo prove that LB depth can be found. I just think we are a banana peel slip away from disaster. It woud be a shame to watch this season and final oppotunity fall by the wayside because we didn't address such a huge need.

Back
Top Bottom