Dare I say "I told you so"? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dare I say "I told you so"?

Originally posted by fin-atic
I am fine with myslef. I feel good. Life is good. I sleep well. Reading your post and comments about gerbils etc., I don't know maybe you could use some self-relfection. You have issues.

Do you ever wonder why some people have a hard time saying "I was wrong?"

1.) We did address the O-LINE in the offseason.... Spielman\Wanny didnt like Hunter as much as Wade Smith and thats all there is to it... So why take a guy who you like less earlier in the draft...

2.) Yes I do know why people have a hard time saying they are wrong, its the same reason people start a thread with the title "I told ya so". Because they think they are smarter than everyone else and more in the know... when quite frankly it's insulting, condescending and obnoxious...

Re: And someone wins the lotto

Originally posted by erralyn
every now and then. I don't give them credit for picking the rights numbers, it would just be luck.

Fin-atic has it right. Those who supported the Moore pick..

..can't you admit you were wrong? After bashing us Moore pick naysayers for so long?

It's time to fess up and stop backing this clipboard holder

Erralyn, sorry but you are one of the first to turn this into a bash Eddie Moore thread. Your argument had nothing to do with not addressing the O line. You started right off by saying he was a bad pick because he was injury prone. Which while technically true( depends what the definition of injury is,) his shoulder injuries did not keep him from playing. So, to come back now because the guy injured his foot is a little disengenuous.

Re: Re: And someone wins the lotto

Originally posted by Crisdeman

This post pretty much sums it up. Guess you get a kick out of having people rip you to shreds. Well I dont know about the rest of you but i'm done talking to a wall.

:sleep:

I totally agree, I am stepping away also, I feel like I am talking to a wall myself...

Time to leave this thread.

Better

to be able to admit you were wrong.

I have nothing against Eddie Moore. I just feel this was such a horrible pick for our 2nd rounder.

It was amazing to me how quickly people were able to bury their horror of an unknown being taken with our first pick, but this one takes the cake.

Better

to be able to admit you were wrong.

I have nothing against Eddie Moore. I just feel this was such a horrible pick for our 2nd rounder.

It was amazing to me how quickly people were able to bury their horror of an unknown being taken with our first pick, but this one takes the cake.

Even now, you can't admit you were wrong?

Even now, when he won't make 1 tackle for the Phins this year?

Even now, when another injury has been tacked on to his resume?

The guy could get cut or traded next year and you STILL will not admit you were wrong about the pick.

Re: Better

Even now, you can't admit you were wrong?

Even now, when he won't make 1 tackle for the Phins this year?

Even now, when another injury has been tacked on to his resume?

The guy could get cut or traded next year and you STILL will not admit you were wrong about the pick.

This is the first injury that has caused him to miss playing time in his career.

IF he gets cut or traded next year, I will say it was a bad pick. There's no way to say that now.

Erralyn, I will admit it IF....

Originally posted by eltos_lightfoot
If you want me to stop backing Avery I will. If you want me to stop backing Yatil I will. If you want me to say this is a horrible setback for a good kid (Moore) who did NOT hold out (and in fact took a lower contract to help sign others), I will. It is TOO EARLY to say he is a bust.

Avery is a bust. Cecil Collins is a bust. Enough time has gone by to say that. Fletch is on his last legs...we will see.

But a rookie this year? We will not say he is a bust yet, because he is not a bust yet. Straight up truth.

I simply say this again. I already admitted that if he sucks the next couple of years the way that Yatil and Avery did, I will freely admit he is a big fat B-U-S-T!!!

Will you be willing to do admit that he was a GOOD PICK if he comes back next year and is at least a serviceable starter?

Re: Look..

this isn't hindsight..most of us trashed this guy in the BEGINNING. I never wanted him drafted, I fell for the line that this guy was doing good in training camp ( whether true or not ), and now the guy who we knew had an injury history is what??? Injured. Big surprise. We should have picked someone else and that's not hindsight.

oh so an injury proved you right? :lol:

I'm still pissed that we wasted our #1 pick in 1983 on that dope head Marino. Everybody knew he was a cocaine using head case. Not to mention we had a perfect QB situation with Wood-Strock. What a wasted pick. This is not a response to what this thread started about in as much it is about what this thread has become.

Yep

Eddie Moore is comparable to Marino. Yah right. The lengths you Eddie Moore supporters go to.

The only way this pick gets justified, ever, is if he becomes a pro bowler. Otherwise he's a reach, who would have been a good pick up with a 7th rounder or just signing him after he wasn't drafted ( I don't buy other coaches saying they wanted to draft him, just like I don't buy Wannstedt saying Smith was their highest rated tackle available. But I won't bash THAT pick..I just realize no coach wants to come away from the draft and admit their day sucked )

By the way. Don't take my comments personally. I'm just mad that I wasted 30 minutes of my life reading this thread. It's Fin-atics fault. He started a well thought out thread defending his issue with our first pick in the draft and then had a bunch of (insert appropriate word idiots, morons, gomers) who thought they were jumping on his side, post a bunch of mindless crap.

Re: Yep

Eddie Moore is comparable to Marino. Yah right. The lengths you Eddie Moore supporters go to.

The only way this pick gets justified, ever, is if he becomes a pro bowler. Otherwise he's a reach, who would have been a good pick up with a 7th rounder or just signing him after he wasn't drafted ( I don't buy other coaches saying they wanted to draft him, just like I don't buy Wannstedt saying Smith was their highest rated tackle available. But I won't bash THAT pick..I just realize no coach wants to come away from the draft and admit their day sucked )

But how will we know if he becomes a pro bowler? You want to cut him before we get the chance to find out right?

Would you have cut Warner? Many teams did...my point is we never know. We never know when, or with whom, the light bulb is going to turn on and they will suddenly figure out the game.

Would you be pissed if Moore became a pro bowler because you would have to eat your words? Or would you be happy because we have yet another great linebacker.

He could be a bust. He could be a star. What I don't understand is why the thread is timed now. There is no way to know.

Back
Top Bottom