Darlington speaks on Tua with Rich Eisen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darlington speaks on Tua with Rich Eisen

You don’t like #1 WR that block better than they catch?!? Crazy talk. Herbert would have thrown for 6000 yards and 60 TDs with our WRs.
By mid season
But we would still be calling him out because he can’t win.the big games

Well... that... piece didn’t bring anything new to the table

i wish I could be paid as much as they do to say nothing that we don’t already know
It wasn't really for "we" Dolphin fans. There's a narrative in the media that Tua was horrible last year and is on his way out of Miami, and Jeff was giving some context for people that don't follow the Dolphins as closely as we do.

Can't wait for all this off-season noise to stop.

I have never believed "one" player is worth such a lop-sided salary in a team sport. Not Suh, not Wallace and not Watson. I believe in Tua's work ethic and determination. Continue building a team and Tua will only get better and better. He will certainly be stronger and healthier.

You hope. Hope. There are facts - Tua is our QB. Deshaun Watson is statistically a top 5 quarterback out of 33 starters. That’s also a fact.

HOPE is what you have for Tua. HOPE is what Texans fans have as the basis for Watson not leaving. HOPE is what we as Dolphins fan have for either move working out.

Every GM whiffs. Every GM hits. It’s looking like our GM took a gamble on a guy every other GM would have. I trust Grier with these choices so I trust him to get Watson if he’s available and we aren’t totally outbid.

Only time will tell but some of you folks have incredible mental gymnastics to justify your opinion as FACT.

Last edited:
Who would need anybody to tell them that?

We had Mack Hollins out there!
There seems to be a lot of posters on this forum who think it was all Tua’s fault. The fact the offensive line regressed over the latter part of the season, the Dolphins had one of the worst rushing attacks in the league and they were playing with practice squad WR’s seems to escape those who blame it all on Tua.

There seems to be a lot of posters on this forum who think it was all Tua’s fault. The fact the offensive line regressed over the latter part of the season, the Dolphins had one of the worst rushing attacks in the league and they were playing with practice squad WR’s seems to escape those who blame it all on Tua.
Boom! Dead on. It is insane that so many guys are ready to sell the farm for a guy that is giving up on a team that just gave him a 40 million dollar a year contract. On top of that.... you’re giving up on a guy that, had it not been for an injury, would have been the #1 pick in the draft and after only 9 starts! It amazes me.

What people seem to ignore is that Fitz did a lot more with the same receivers and running backs.

It's too early to tell what kind of player Tua will become but the excuses for his sub par performance this past season are a bit mind boggling when even Tua himself basically said he sucked and needs to do a lot better.

It's not about eliminating excuses for Tua, it's about the kid actually doing more than the guy behind hin with the team he is a part of. Elite QBs elevate the game play of their teams...

I'm by no means an insider of any sorts or have anything close to Darlington's sources but i do know a few people connected to the team through personal business and the message the team is sending out is they're all in on Tua.

Any talk to the contrary is probably just to generate clicks during a slow time in the season.

Back
Top Bottom