dave hyde seems to understand what so many people on here do not | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dave hyde seems to understand what so many people on here do not

Good article except Henne was a 2nd round pick not 3rd as the author stated. I like Cutler a lot, but I think we would be better served with what we have and a defensive player in the first round of the draft.

I don't think we need another thread on Cutler.

But Hyde doesn't say we should do it, he states we should look into it, then he comes out and says Cutler has broken two of Parcell's commandments.

I also gather that Hyde doesn't want to trade Henne.

How could a guy whose sole job is to write about S. Fla. sports not know that Henne was a second round pick? I'm always seeing these kind of mistakes by the Fins' beat writers.

sure sounds like to me hyde is saying we should look into it and if the price is right we should make the deal unless the regime feels henne's long term outlook is better than jay cutlers.

and that's a big ? at this point.

I say no, Cutler is too much of a loose cannon. He's a great QB , but I think Henne will bloom into the type of QB we will need plus he has a very strong arm too.

Greg Cote from the Herald concurs (as do I):

Pennington, though, turns 33 before training camp and might be only a year or two from the clipboard and baseball-cap sideline routine. Can he be counted on to repeat his career year of 2008? Will his shoulder stay healthy?

Henne, at the opposite extreme, has much potential but only the most negligible bit of proving that. He might be great, might be a bust or might be anywhere in between. You don't know. That's the risk in betting it all on his heir-apparent status.

With Cutler you get the arm strength and career longevity Pennington can't come close to equaling, and the evidence that remains a big maybe with Henne.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/greg_cote/story/953058.html

I think Henne will be exciting to watch but you don't pass up an opportunity to get a young franchise QB (exactly what you want Henne to turn into) that plays at a pro-bowl level already.
Cutler removes the re-building sticker and puts us in a position to compete every year. Basically he puts us 3 years forward at the QB position now.

You know that Penny will start this year with Henne taking over next year which will take us two steps back waiting for him to start playing at Cutlers level.

Greg Cote from the Herald concurs (as do I):

Pennington, though, turns 33 before training camp and might be only a year or two from the clipboard and baseball-cap sideline routine. Can he be counted on to repeat his career year of 2008? Will his shoulder stay healthy?

Henne, at the opposite extreme, has much potential but only the most negligible bit of proving that. He might be great, might be a bust or might be anywhere in between. You don't know. That's the risk in betting it all on his heir-apparent status.

With Cutler you get the arm strength and career longevity Pennington can't come close to equaling, and the evidence that remains a big maybe with Henne.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/greg_cote/story/953058.html

absolutely. we'd fill a huge long term hole with jay cutler.

that cat would be on a plane to miami right now if i was the gm unless the price was just way too high. this is a no brainer to me.

we can win championships with cutler. i've seen enough of him to feel confident in saying that. we can't with penny. i've seen enough of him to feel confident in saying that. we don't know if we can win period with henne yet. none of us have seen anything of henne yet to know that.

I think Henne will be exciting to watch but you don't pass up an opportunity to get a young franchise QB (exactly what you want Henne to turn into) that plays at a pro-bowl level already.
Cutler removes the re-building sticker and puts us in a position to compete every year. Basically he puts us 3 years forward at the QB position now.

You know that Penny will start this year with Henne taking over next year which will take us two steps back waiting for him to start playing at Cutlers level.

great points

The reason Dave Hyde understands it is because it takes a stupid person to understand something stupid.

we've got a few chips the broncos may be interested in.

satele a zbs fit on the oline, henne a young qb to groom, and pick #25

Back
Top Bottom