dave hyde seems to understand what so many people on here do not | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dave hyde seems to understand what so many people on here do not

i swear people on here just want to be mediocre. that's my final conclusion. settle for channing crowder. settle for chad pennington and his 2 years removed from a castaway qb status, settle for a complete unknown going into his 2nd year qb.

ok with making the playoffs and getting pounded by the first legit defense we face.

Hard to read articles like that and not get a little ticked... I'm constantly surprised at how Pennington is CONSTANTLY glossed over as being a non factor in the QB situation moving forward. It is a true disrespect of the SIGNIFICANT role the man played in our miracle turnaround. I'm not sure I'm ready to make a move for a QB who is demonstrating obvious character issues...

The real truth is, Pennington showed incredible character last season as well as aptitiude and deserves alot more credit. Parcells LOVES Pennington... Sparano LOVES Pennington... The team LOVES Pennington... The real question is... WHY DON'T WE?

I don't get all this love for Jay Cutler either from the posts on here to the South Florida writers. Is he good ,yes, is he Peyton Manning / Tom Brady no, at least not now. He is a big strong armed QB, you have to give him credit, but he also turns the ball over a lot. In 37 games played in his career so far he has 37 INTS, and has lost 5 fumbles, he turns it over on average more than once a game. That isn't Trifecta football.
I personally think Cutler has handled this whole situation recently poorly, that reflects on they type of team leader he would be. I cannot imagine trading 2 QB's (Pennington & Henne) plus #25 this year for Cutler, like Hyde suggests, that would be a nightmare IMHO. I just don't get it!

i swear people on here just want to be mediocre. that's my final conclusion. settle for channing crowder. settle for chad pennington and his 2 years removed from a castaway qb status, settle for a complete unknown going into his 2nd year qb.

ok with making the playoffs and getting pounded by the first legit defense we face.

Jay Cutler can throw the ball, that's all he does well. He's got an attitude, he isn't the best game manager and there are alleged other minor issues yet to be reported about Jay Cutler. Jay's NOT worth 2 QB's and a 1st round pick. No way, no how.

No, I want the Dolphins to improve enough to win the big show! I do not believe that Cutler gets us closer to that goal. He does not make good decisions. That is far more important than the strength of his arm.

Cutler such a Superstar that we must trade for him, a bigger arm than John Elway and two years in the league with two (?) championships. I say we trade two first rounders and any two players they want. SIKE. F*** Jay Cutler,who does he think he is, and what has he done to deserve such respect. Dave, are you trying to compete with Armando? You need a front office job in the NFL.

Horrible Article. Many mistakes, very bad points.

Thumbs down.

I would not trade for cutler. WTF has he done to be so hyped last time i checked, hes barely a winnng QB,.
Chubbs

I just think Cutler relys too much on Marshall, he wont have a Brandon Marshall to throw to here either. He hasnt won in Denver, i'd take my chances on Henne.

I do like Cutler's arm. I dont like Cutler, i think this little spat with him and Rivers is BS. i dont remember kelly/marino yelling/bragging at each other when they won and acting like a 4 year old.

I don't want Cutler...and I certainly don't want to part with Pennington, Henne, and the #25 for him...that's ludicrous...

Cutler doesn't strike me as a winner...talented arm...yes...but a winner...no. I'll take my chances with Pennington and then Henne in the future...

The fact that a writer would suggest that this comes down to Henne/Cutler is what I find appalling and I hope I'm not alone in this thinking... Suggesting the Phins make a trade where the man who started EVERY GAME in the single greatest turnaround in NFL history is basically included as a 'throw in' in the deal is not just insulting it is stupefying.

IF the FO is indeed 'interested' (and that is a big IF) I take this to mean nothing more than they are doing their jobs... They are investigating every opportunity and staying 'in the mix' on every deal out there, even ones that don't make sense...

Next, Chad has been the consumate pro for us... One of my favorite quotes came from Joey Porter who was singing his praises and called Chad the single biggest reason for the turnaround... 'Because CP would not do it himself'... Incredible support from a team leader and pro bowler who is not shy to openly criticize anyone even all the way up to the coaching level. What Cutler is doing is the opposite of that and totally UN-professional...

I just ask my fellow Fin fans, why is Chad so hard to get behind?????

The fact that a writer would suggest that this comes down to Henne/Cutler is what I find appalling and I hope I'm not alone in this thinking... Suggesting the Phins make a trade where the man who started EVERY GAME in the single greatest turnaround in NFL history is basically included as a 'throw in' in the deal is not just insulting it is stupefying.

IF the FO is indeed 'interested' (and that is a big IF) I take this to mean nothing more than they are doing their jobs... They are investigating every opportunity and staying 'in the mix' on every deal out there, even ones that don't make sense...

Next, Chad has been the consumate pro for us... One of my favorite quotes came from Joey Porter who was singing his praises and called Chad the single biggest reason for the turnaround... 'Because CP would not do it himself'... Incredible support from a team leader and pro bowler who is not shy to openly criticize anyone even all the way up to the coaching level. What Cutler is doing is the opposite of that and totally UN-professional...

I just ask my fellow Fin fans, why is Chad so hard to get behind?????

My thoughts exactly. Sure the NFL is a business but trading Pennington as a pawn in acquiring Cutler is just a big F You to a guy who played one of the bigger parts of getting this franchise turned around.

I think saying that the Dolphins should "consider it" or "look at it" or "evaluate" is kind of...well, I don't want to go so far as to say "dumb" but it's still a moot point.

As if the Dolphins would only just now take a hard look at Chad Henne's first year and start coming up with some evaluations of what he is and what his future looks like. Come on. They've been doing that pretty much every day, every week, every month since he has been drafted.

And you know what? Jeff Ireland himself said that he is sure that Chad Henne is a successful draft pick. In an interview, that is what he said. He singled out Jake Long and Chad Henne, if I'm not mistaken (I believe it was just those two, not anyone else). He was asked something about evaluating his draft success and he said that you need a good three years to evaluate a draft, so they'll talk after three years, however what he can say this early is that he is sure that Jake Long and Chad Henne are successful draft picks. Jake Long, of course, was the #1 overall pick and was having himself a Pro Bowl season. So, I account it no sin that he tallied up some early returns on Jake Long. But, Chad Henne? Not Kendall Langford, not Phil Merling...not Donald Thomas...Chad Henne. A late second round pick, that had thrown all of 12 passes during the season. And Ireland, Parcells, etc...are already sure that he is a successful draft pick, that as Ireland says, in a few years he doesn't know exactly when because of how well Pennington is playing, we will look on Chad Henne and he will be a successful starting quarterback. Very strong words.

And I know some genius is going to try and pipe up and say something smart like "What else was he supposed to say?". Save your breath. He could have said nothing at all. He could have said, we need three years to evaluate, and left it at that. He could have JUST singled out Jake Long. He could have singled out Jake Long and Kendall Langford. He could have said or not said a million things other than what he did say, rather than stick his neck out and hang his hat on a late second round pick that has thrown all of 12 professional passes.

So when Hyde says they need to evaluate his practice habits, the throws he's made, his character, personality, everything they have access to that we don't...guess what, they already have. And Chad Henne is the reason they won't trade for Jay Cutler.

SO what in essence David Hyde is saying is Cutler becomes the starter..., and JB is the back up..., hey I know a few guys who would love that...

Back
Top Bottom