dave hyde seems to understand what so many people on here do not | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dave hyde seems to understand what so many people on here do not

I'll take Pennington, Henne and the #25 over Cutler and his baggage any day

I lived in Nashville while Cutler was at Vandy and really wanted Saban to trade up and make him our franchise QB (we got Jason Allen and Culpepper instead...I assume that we could have moved up 5 spots for a 2nd rd pick). With that being said, I wouldn't even entertain the notion of trading a 1st round pick in addition to Penny and Henne for anyone in the NFL. I think Cutler is one of the most talented young quarterbacks out there and certainly the best that may be available but that is a ridiculously steep price. Our QB play was better last year than it has been since Marino and we have not one but two potential heir apparents. Why in the world would we throw that out the window for immediate gratification that may not even be more gratifying than what we have. Patience people, patience. We have arguably the strongest TEAM that we have had in 20+ years and are getting stronger. Save the picks and develop the talent we already have.:up:

I think David Hyde and the rest of the Jay Cutler lovers should check Cutler's win-loss record as a starter.

And what was Pennington's 07 record? Something like 1-7 I believe with 1 more TD than interception.. having to compete with Clemens for the 08 starting job?? Lucky we looked beyond that right? Just as we should when you consider a 3rd year QB who can throw for over 4000 yards with multi-300 yd games on behalf of losing team with a D that keeps them in the hole.

First Greg Cote, now Dave Hyde. I realize the newspaper industry is on life support, but they shouldn't have to stoop to something like this to sell papers.

Why would you trade a future Qb that's on your roster? If you believe that he is going to be something special then open up the competition to both chads, and further more if the fins are looking for a vertical passing game they have to know tha that chad P doesn't possess that.

Back
Top Bottom