dave hyde seems to understand what so many people on here do not | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dave hyde seems to understand what so many people on here do not

David Hyde is the same person that said we should take Culpepper over Brees.

Just for that he needs his hands cut off so he can't write any more articles. If we were in the UAE I could have it arranged.

how does this have anything to do with that??? we're talkin 25 year old jay cutler. not coming off broken knee pepper or coming off broken throwing wing brees.

No, the coach has made it clear that cutler wsa not his guy, and he would trade him when an opportunity comes to bring someone he wants in. That is far from working with Cutler.

He made it clear Cutler isnt wanted, Cutler is asking for a trade. How is that being a primadonna? There are plenty of teams that are interested, why wouldn't he want to go somewhere where they feel he is the QB for them?
From Jay Cutler himself.
"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know," Cutler added. "I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."
Because McDaniels didn't come out and say emphatically that we want you as our QB, Jay comes to the conclusion that he was antagonizing him? Cutler's reaction to this whole situation has a ring of Terrell Owens in Philadelphia to it.

From Jay Cutler himself.

Because McDaniels didn't come out and say emphatically that we want you as our QB, Jay comes to the conclusion that he was antagonizing him? Cutler's reaction to this whole situation has a ring of Terrell Owens in Philadelphia to it.

What you just copied, proves my point. If your a new coach and get caught in a lie, to your young probowl QB, you should work a little harder to make him happy. Or at least pretend its all a misunderstanding. That's IF you want to keep him. Its clear he DOES NOT want to keep him. Thats why Cutler feels like he does.

Comparing him to TO is pathetic and laughable. The guy always has wanted to do the best for the team. Even recently AFTER he found out they were trying to trade him, and was lied to by the new coach. If you don't like Cutler, just say it. Don't need to make up your own scenario of what happened just to try and prove your opinion.

By the way, where is Mcdaniels quote? Nothing yet?

I think saying that the Dolphins should "consider it" or "look at it" or "evaluate" is kind of...well, I don't want to go so far as to say "dumb" but it's still a moot point.

As if the Dolphins would only just now take a hard look at Chad Henne's first year and start coming up with some evaluations of what he is and what his future looks like. Come on. They've been doing that pretty much every day, every week, every month since he has been drafted.

And you know what? Jeff Ireland himself said that he is sure that Chad Henne is a successful draft pick. In an interview, that is what he said. He singled out Jake Long and Chad Henne, if I'm not mistaken (I believe it was just those two, not anyone else). He was asked something about evaluating his draft success and he said that you need a good three years to evaluate a draft, so they'll talk after three years, however what he can say this early is that he is sure that Jake Long and Chad Henne are successful draft picks. Jake Long, of course, was the #1 overall pick and was having himself a Pro Bowl season. So, I account it no sin that he tallied up some early returns on Jake Long. But, Chad Henne? Not Kendall Langford, not Phil Merling...not Donald Thomas...Chad Henne. A late second round pick, that had thrown all of 12 passes during the season. And Ireland, Parcells, etc...are already sure that he is a successful draft pick, that as Ireland says, in a few years he doesn't know exactly when because of how well Pennington is playing, we will look on Chad Henne and he will be a successful starting quarterback. Very strong words.

And I know some genius is going to try and pipe up and say something smart like "What else was he supposed to say?". Save your breath. He could have said nothing at all. He could have said, we need three years to evaluate, and left it at that. He could have JUST singled out Jake Long. He could have singled out Jake Long and Kendall Langford. He could have said or not said a million things other than what he did say, rather than stick his neck out and hang his hat on a late second round pick that has thrown all of 12 professional passes.

So when Hyde says they need to evaluate his practice habits, the throws he's made, his character, personality, everything they have access to that we don't...guess what, they already have. And Chad Henne is the reason they won't trade for Jay Cutler.

Atta boy

how is looking for a young upgrade at qb panicking??? i can only hope this regime isn't so bull headed that they would just disregard any potential upgrade cause it wasn't someone they hand picked in the first place.

Obviously Parcells and Co. thought enough of Henne to use a second round pick on him. So all of a sudden he's not a "young, promising qb"? Why would they give up the player that they picked to be the franchise qb, our current starter at qb, and a draft pick for a player that hasn't really achieved anything other than stats yet?
It's no matter anyway, this deal probably won't go down because the asking price will be way too high. ( Even if the Broncs aren't looking for a deal as ridiculous as the one being suggested, they will still demand an outrageous price I'm sure.) Parcells will never go for it but wow...I'm glad some of you aren't acting GM. Have you even thought about the ramifications of such a trade if it turns out that Cutler's one of those primadonna players that stirs up controversy everywhere he goes? What if his health becomes an issue? It would be a disaster, but hey...he can throw a good deep ball.

What you just copied, proves my point. If your a new coach and get caught in a lie, to your young probowl QB, you should work a little harder to make him happy. Or at least pretend its all a misunderstanding. That's IF you want to keep him. Its clear he DOES NOT want to keep him. Thats why Cutler feels like he does.

Comparing him to TO is pathetic and laughable. The guy always has wanted to do the best for the team. Even recently AFTER he found out they were trying to trade him, and was lied to by the new coach. If you don't like Cutler, just say it.
By the way, where is Mcdaniels quote? Nothing yet?
McDaniels asked Cutler to let him know if he can't work this out to let him know and Jay thought he was being antagonistic? Why should the head coach try harder? Do you think he should kiss Cutler's *** just to make him happy? I don't.

This has nothing to do with whether or not I like Cutler but his attitude during this whole situation. Why did Cutler bring his agent to a meeting that was supposed to be between him, the head coach and the owner? Did he feel like they were going to gang up on him?

I did not compare Cutler to TO. I said the situation has a ring of TO in Philadelphia to it. When McNabb was quoted as saying that we can get to the Super Bowl without TO, Terrell felt slighted and that's when thing turned for the worse in Philly.

McDaniels asked Cutler to let him know if he can't work this out to let him know and Jay thought he was being antagonistic? Why should the head coach try harder? Do you think he should kiss Cutler's *** just to make him happy? I don't.

This has nothing to do with whether or not I like Cutler but his attitude during this whole situation. Why did Cutler bring his agent to a meeting that was supposed to be between him, the head coach and the owner? Did he feel like they were going to gang up on him?

I did not compare Cutler to TO. I said the situation has a ring of TO in Philadelphia to it. When McNabb was quoted as saying that we can get to the Super Bowl without TO, Terrell felt slighted and that's when thing turned for the worse in Philly.

Again, if he seriously wants him to stay, I'm sure a "sorry for lying right to your face, but its business" isn't too hard. It certainly isn't kissing his *** to do so. Why should he try so hard? Because if he seriously wants him to lead his team, why wouldn't he try? He's be a fool not to. Cutler said he came in saying he wanted to work things out and stay a Bronco, even after that he felt like McDaniels wasn't working with him. Sounds like the coach has issues, not Cutler.

And yet, we still haven't heard from the young Denver coach? Strange. I can imagine the threads here, if a new coach came in after Henne made the probowl and threw for over 4000 yards and the new guy treated him like that. Everyone would be calling for his head.

It has everything to do with your attitude toward Cutler, because you are interpreting what HE IS SAYING. This is his side. The coach didn't even say a word and you already call Cutler the primadonna. But your opinion of Jay has nothing to do with it? :rolleyes2: Why is bringing his agent a big deal? I don't see anything wrong with that.....you take it right away as...Cutlers a baby...couldnt even go to a meeting by himself. Well, the coach brought the owner there right? Couldnt it have been a meeting just between coach and player? His agent is the one that has Cutlers best interest...its obvious that the coach and owner do not.

Don't include TO's name unless you are comparing him. That is beyond misleading..."a TO ring to it" :lol:.

David Hyde is the same person that said we should take Culpepper over Brees.

Just for that he needs his hands cut off so he can't write any more articles. If we were in the UAE I could have it arranged.

Priceless!!!

Again, if he seriously wants him to stay, I'm sure a "sorry for lying right to your face, but its business" isn't too hard. It certainly isn't kissing his *** to do so. Why should he try so hard? Because if he seriously wants him to lead his team, why wouldn't he try? He's be a fool not to. Cutler said he came in saying he wanted to work things out and stay a Bronco, even after that he felt like McDaniels wasn't working with him. Sounds like the coach has issues, not Cutler.

And yet, we still haven't heard from the young Denver coach? Strange. I can imagine the threads here, if a new coach came in after Henne made the probowl and threw for over 4000 yards and the new guy treated him like that. Everyone would be calling for his head.

It has everything to do with your attitude toward Cutler, because you are interpreting what HE IS SAYING. This is his side. The coach didn't even say a word and you already call Cutler the primadonna. But your opinion of Jay has nothing to do with it? :rolleyes2: Why is bringing his agent a big deal? I don't see anything wrong with that.....you take it right away as...Cutlers a baby...couldnt even go to a meeting by himself. Well, the coach brought the owner there right? Couldnt it have been a meeting just between coach and player? His agent is the one that has Cutlers best interest...its obvious that the coach and owner do not.

Don't include TO's name unless you are comparing him. That is beyond misleading..."a TO ring to it" :lol:.
My attitude and opinion of Jay Cutler is based solely on what he is saying and his handling of this situation. I was a big proponent of drafting Jay in 2005, if he fell to the 15th pick that year, and talked about how he almost carried that historically aweful football program to a win over the mighty Gators. The head coach not saying anything to the press doesn't bother me at all because this situation between him and Cutler should not be played out in the court of public opinion anyways. It is Jay who is drumming up sympathy by talking to the media not the head coach.

Wait a minute? The owner doesn't want to do what is in Cutler's best interest? Umm...okay.

My attitude and opinion of Jay Cutler is based solely on what he is saying and his handling of this situation. I was a big proponent of drafting Jay in 2005, if he fell to the 15th pick that year, and talked about how he almost carried that historically aweful football program to a win over the mighty Gators. The head coach not saying anything to the press doesn't bother me at all because this situation between him and Cutler should not be played out in the court of public opinion anyways. It is Jay who is drumming up sympathy by talking to the media not the head coach.

Wait a minute? The owner doesn't want to do what is in Cutler's best interest? Umm...okay.

Not if the coach want him out. Why would he? You think he won't trade him to the Lions if they have the best offer up? Is that Cutler's best interest? Ummmm.....ok

As for Cutler, he came out to explain what is going on and why he's leaving or wants to be traded. Basically, his agent wants him to explain things so other teams DON'T look at him in a poor light. The coach should come out to explain things from his side because Im sure there are many Denver fans that are very curious to know what is going on.

Not if the coach want him out. Why would he? You think he won't trade him to the Lions if they have the best offer up? Is that Cutler's best interest? Ummmm.....ok

As for Cutler, he came out to explain what is going on and why he's leaving or wants to be traded. Basically, his agent wants him to explain things so other teams DON'T look at him in a poor light. The coach should come out to explain things from his side because Im sure there are many Denver fans that are very curious to know what is going on.
If the concerns is how other teams might view him, couldn't that be done privately? Couldn't interested teams call him or Jay call them and have Cutler explain what is going on behind close doors to them personally instead of trying to play this out in the court of public opinion?

Maybe Josh McDaniels will learn from the errors of his ways and suck up some of his pride and apologize to Cutler correctly. That would probably be in the best interest of the Denve Broncos and to McDaniels coaching career there.

Wow, just wow. So Irlend and company can see the future and know from looking at 12 passes that Henne is gonna be the next Joe Montana?? Are you seriously selling that? If they can tell the future with such accuracy I want them to tell me tomorrows powerball numbers. I also want to know why they passed on Matt Ryan. All we know for sure is Henne had a really average career at Mich where he was surround by more talent than the teams he was playing. He had one of the best OLs in the NCAAs and still wasn't the team leader or best player on the team. Could he be the next Brady?? Sure anything is possible, but he didn't in college, or now, have the talent that Cutler has.
I don't think the deal will get done, b/c Cutler is too much like Farve, and Tuna likes to be the only one in a franchise with a personality. But I can tell you this, the day will come when we will look back and wish we had made the move.

Seems you missed his point, and it was a very compailling one.. I read the interview CK was referring to, and I too was suprised by Irlands choice of Henne to have so much confidence in.. but not only that, Henne watched Chad last year and saw the success, but this kid this year said he wants the chance now, he understood the coaches decision to name chad P. the starting QB for the beginning of this season, but he still wanted the chance anyway.. Most players would have been political correct about their desires this year, and say something like I'm in a good situation, I get to continue learning from someone like Chad P...but not this kid..he's saying, Ok, I watch and learn from chad P. last year, I want to be the man this year.. Beck didn't go that far in his interview, he was PC... Henne reminds me of Marino in his mental make up..and his 12 passes in Az, doesn't make me think this kid can't play, especially if we have an improved OL...then the kid starts behind a OL simular to Marino, which I think helps a lot. A bad OL can ruin a young QB...alex smith, joey harriington, etc.. but a good OL helps with confidence and then if there's a year your OL isn't so great, you know how to deal with it, ie. pittsburg steelers last year..Ben R. had a good OL his rookie, soph, and 3rd year...by that time his confidence was sky high and he knew he was the man.. Last year he just worked around his OL.

if the Broncos don't like Henne then I think it makes the deal impossible

If they traded Cutler for Pennington and picks, there would be a riot in Denver

I love Penny, but he is not a future QB for any team

If the concerns is how other teams might view him, couldn't that be done privately? Couldn't interested teams call him or Jay call them and have Cutler explain what is going on behind close doors to them personally instead of trying to play this out in the court of public opinion?

Maybe Josh McDaniels will learn from the errors of his ways and suck up some of his pride and apologize to Cutler correctly. That would probably be in the best interest of the Denve Broncos and to McDaniels coaching career there.

Maybe Cutler is also concerned about the fans of Denver. Just a guess.

no thanks on Cutler, especially at that price. imo, he's a guy with one of the biggest arms in the league and an ego to match. I think there is a very good reason why Denver wants to trade him.

also, it's not just choosing between Henne and Cutler. it's Henne plus the QB that was runner up to MVP and a player that will be selected at #25, which should be a cornerstone guy (most likely on defense). I just think it's way too much to give up for a guy like Cutler.

I was at the game in Denver this past November and Cutler looked horrible. he threw INT's on his first two posessions, the second was a pick-six. worse, he lost his cool after a questionable offensive pass-interference penalty. he actually threw his towel at the ref and then threw a terrible INT on his next pass. this was in the second quarter.

Back
Top Bottom