David Boston (3 videos) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Boston (3 videos)

Saban4prez said:
he truly was a mess in san diego. his numbers weren't horrible i guess, but mentally he was just everywhere it seemed.
Yes, and now we have to wonder where will his brain be in 2005? I hope he does good, however his track record isn't that good.

Oh there is no doubt, if Boston can stay healthy along side of Chambers, Booker, and McMike, our WR corp could be one of the best in the league. My cousin is a big Jags fan and when we signed him last year he told me I didn't know what kind of player the Fins were getting. He said he has never EVER seen a player as physically dominating as Boston. He was at the Chargers vs Jags game and Boston beat the Jags by himself. After the game Fernando Bryant was complaining and crying that it wasn't fair that there is no way a WR should be able to be that big, strong and fast. My cousin said he is one of the fastest players he has ever seen and on top of that he was built like a TE. He said Boston was chucking them off the line everytime they tried to jam him.

It didn't matter if it was champ or smoot, david did what he wanted to..I'd love to see that this year, he'll be the #2 quick if he stays healthy. I love booker, but I can't see keeping that kind of talent off the field if he's right.

If Boston can stay healthy, he'll be our #1 receiver...

David has been breaking my heart since '02.

I told my buddies, "This guy can be the best receiver in the NFL" as I drafted him for my fantasy team. He broke my heart that year, however, when he got injured. He missed 7 games, I think and decided to wait until after the season to get the surgery done. He played injured, and his production suffered some. Was his ankle or foot, if I remember correctly.

Then he was a free agent, and I prayed he'd go to Miami, but he signed with San Diego. Broken heart.

Then the Dolphins finally steal him from the Chargers in a trade, and I jump for joy. But because he thinks he's Ahnold with pencil-thin joints, we lose him to a busted knee before he plays one game. Again, heart broken.

He's still young, and as long as he stays off the juice and gets into football shape instead of his bodybuilding/modeling shape, he can still have an outstanding career and be one of the best in the game.

no doubt boston can be one of the elite wr's in the nfl when healthy hopefuly this year he can really show the world what some of us already know.

I guess I'm the only nay-sayer, whens the last time he did this? whens the last time he caught a ball in a game type scenario? He is in the same boat as Ricky, no one knows what state we are going to get him in. I could show you Ricky clips and 90% of you would scream he won't be that good anymore, so like i said the jury is out. I think Boston is a cheater and thats my own personal opinion, however i hope he can play close to the caliber of his highlight clips in AZ (which he has not done since AZ)

Here's my analysis

Video 1 - any of our receivers (chambers, booker, and Thompson) could have done the exact same not impressed

Video 2 - Good run i give him credit not too sure that Booker could not have done this as he's a great route runner and has good strength.

Video 3 - We've seen chambers do that before, we've seen highlights of booker doing it in Chicago. ZZZZzzzzZZZZZ nothing new here.

Video 7 - Highlights were nice, impressive the route and run of the play were well executed, again nothing amazing or done by someone on our roster could not have done IMO

Video 8 - I'm glad he fought back. It was a fight that Boston would have won no questions

Summary - These highlights were all against the same team with in my opinion not the greatest secondary in the league. While Boston is an accomplished receiver, none of the highlights showed any skill or talent that can not be found on our roster last year while he was drugging out and beating up airport personnel.

I'm gonna root for him cause he suits up in aqua and orange, but i don't see anything YET that makes me believe hes the next great thing. Theres been a lot of let down with Boston since he left AZ. I have no reason to believe that he's turned it around until i see it on the Field.

Hold on one second as i put my flame r3tard@nt suit on.... Ziiiiipp OK flame away Homers !!!!! :rofl3: ( <---its sarcasm before any of you start whining)

If he's healthy and he has made a renewed commitment to football, he is the most physically dominant (and imposing) WR in the game. When he was at his peak 3 seasons ago he was IMO the best WR in the game (including Moss and TO). He also put up pretty good numbers in Arizona with mediocre QB's.
He's still relatively young. A lot of his problems have been attitude related. His injury last season wasn't as bad as some make it out to be. If I recall it was a partial tear in the patellar tendon (not a complete one as some have alleged). He should make a complete recovery from this and assuming he trains properly and doesn't develop a bad tendidnitis in that knee he could be the biggest offseason addition in the NFL.

awing_pilot said:
I guess I'm the only nay-sayer, whens the last time he did this? whens the last time he caught a ball in a game type scenario? He is in the same boat as Ricky, no one knows what state we are going to get him in. I could show you Ricky clips and 90% of you would scream he won't be that good anymore, so like i said the jury is out. I think Boston is a cheater and thats my own personal opinion, however i hope he can play close to the caliber of his highlight clips in AZ (which he has not done since AZ)

Here's my analysis

Video 1 - any of our receivers (chambers, booker, and Thompson) could have done the exact same not impressed

Video 2 - Good run i give him credit not too sure that Booker could not have done this as he's a great route runner and has good strength.

Video 3 - We've seen chambers do that before, we've seen highlights of booker doing it in Chicago. ZZZZzzzzZZZZZ nothing new here.

Video 7 - Highlights were nice, impressive the route and run of the play were well executed, again nothing amazing or done by someone on our roster could not have done IMO

Video 8 - I'm glad he fought back. It was a fight that Boston would have won no questions

Summary - These highlights were all against the same team with in my opinion not the greatest secondary in the league. While Boston is an accomplished receiver, none of the highlights showed any skill or talent that can not be found on our roster last year while he was drugging out and beating up airport personnel.

I'm gonna root for him cause he suits up in aqua and orange, but i don't see anything YET that makes me believe hes the next great thing. Theres been a lot of let down with Boston since he left AZ. I have no reason to believe that he's turned it around until i see it on the Field.

Hold on one second as i put my flame r3tard@nt suit on.... Ziiiiipp OK flame away Homers !!!!! :rofl3: ( <---its sarcasm before any of you start whining)

Disagree with you. In this last draft people made a big deal out of Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams. Boston, when he came out of college was in a different league than both of them. He's as big as Williams and runs in the 4.3 range. That is a once in a decade type talent. If someone like him had come out in this years draft, they would have been selected ahead of Alex Smith.
My only criticism of Boston is his perceived aloofness with respect to his carrer. Imagine if Boston had Oj McDuffies heart and desire.

Thanks for the videos. I dont think that Boston is that big anymore since he said that he doesn't want to be a WR in a TE body. If he keeps his head in the game and stay healthy, then there is no doubt that he can do some damage for us this year.

Does anyone have any idea the type of physical shape Boston is in right now? Not talking about his injury, I'm wondering if he's still the size of an RB and a madman in the weightroom. I'm pretty sure he had to knock off the juice, and was wondering if he dropped a bunch of muscle mass and actually looks like a WR now.

Alot of people used to knock him for being so big and strong as a WR, citing that it took away from his speed and agility. But that was when he was the #1 guy. As a dolphin he will more than likely be coming out of the slot at first. I was thinking that roid'ed up giant WR catching passes in the slot could be realllly dangerous if you think about it. Potential to break some tackles instead of just catching the ball and falling to the ground.

Slot guys don't need speed and agility much, and out there muscles mcBoston would be lining up 1 on 1 against 3rd depth spot Corner backs (often rookies or developing players) and pick-up Defensive backs.

Seems to me everyone sights that Boston has lost a step, or degressed in his football talents, or whatever. But no one has ever seen him line up against anything but #1 corners. See examples above for what he could do against teams #1 cornerbacks. Even loosing a step imagine what he could do against #3 corners. Especially if he's still the size of a mack truck.

Back
Top Bottom