David Boston (3 videos) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Boston (3 videos)

Joe Dolfan said:
If Boston can stay healthy, he'll be our #1 receiver...

David has been breaking my heart since '02.

I told my buddies, "This guy can be the best receiver in the NFL" as I drafted him for my fantasy team. He broke my heart that year, however, when he got injured. He missed 7 games, I think and decided to wait until after the season to get the surgery done. He played injured, and his production suffered some. Was his ankle or foot, if I remember correctly.

Then he was a free agent, and I prayed he'd go to Miami, but he signed with San Diego. Broken heart.

Then the Dolphins finally steal him from the Chargers in a trade, and I jump for joy. But because he thinks he's Ahnold with pencil-thin joints, we lose him to a busted knee before he plays one game. Again, heart broken.

He's still young, and as long as he stays off the juice and gets into football shape instead of his bodybuilding/modeling shape, he can still have an outstanding career and be one of the best in the game.

He'd had some foot/ankle problems that year. Then he tore his patella tendon, the same injury he suffered last year with us in Texas. Only it was to the other knee. He had surgery on it a few days after he tore it in November.

Incidentally, Boston is here at the one-year minimum with no signing bonus. And he has said that his life has completely changed after the birth of his first child. Hopefully he proves it and out-performs that contract.

boston is about 230lbs...the birth of his daughter changed his life...he likes saban and this maybe his last chance to save his career...we have nothing to lose by giving him a chance...we signed him for the minimum...there were some articles on him during minicamp...

awing_pilot said:
Summary - These highlights were all against the same team with in my opinion not the greatest secondary in the league. While Boston is an accomplished receiver, none of the highlights showed any skill or talent that can not be found on our roster last year while he was drugging out and beating up airport personnel.

He was going up against one of the top CB's in the NFL, Champ Bailey.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I think the Dolphins, and Nick need to seriously have a back up plan for Boston, to see one if he can make it to the start of the season, and if he will have his head on right. Having to seee him in San Diego, and then get hurt in Miami before the season, just makes me wonder if he will ever hold up!

Smart Man You Truly Are..

jlfin said:
Disagree with you. In this last draft people made a big deal out of Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams. Boston, when he came out of college was in a different league than both of them. He's as big as Williams and runs in the 4.3 range. That is a once in a decade type talent. If someone like him had come out in this years draft, they would have been selected ahead of Alex Smith.
My only criticism of Boston is his perceived aloofness with respect to his carrer. Imagine if Boston had Oj McDuffies heart and desire.

With respect to you and respect to MDuff's; but its a huge disgrace to mention AJ's name and his desire with Buston.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I think the Dolphins, and Nick need to seriously have a back up plan for Boston, to see one if he can make it to the start of the season, and if he will have his head on right. Having to seee him in San Diego, and then get hurt in Miami before the season, just makes me wonder if he will ever hold up!
:yeahthat: .Beat me to it Cali.:tongue:

jlfin said:
Disagree with you. In this last draft people made a big deal out of Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams. Boston, when he came out of college was in a different league than both of them. He's as big as Williams and runs in the 4.3 range. That is a once in a decade type talent. If someone like him had come out in this years draft, they would have been selected ahead of Alex Smith.
My only criticism of Boston is his perceived aloofness with respect to his carrer. Imagine if Boston had Oj McDuffies heart and desire.

I'm not saying hes not talented I'm just saying outside of one great season he hasn't proven it. I can "what if" till the end of time, Boston doesn't have the heart of OJ, he wasn't drafted this year, and he's been injured consistently over the last 2 seasons. Potential means absolutely S#%R^&* If you can't produce. He hasn't produced for the dolphins and in the clips that were shown, he performed no amazing skills to me that the others on our roster did not have the raw talent/ ability to perform.

HugeFinFan said:
He was going up against one of the top CB's in the NFL, Champ Bailey.

Baily is/was a top corner I don't disagree but i do not believe that he was playing his top game against the Arizona cardinals. not to mention that i never said Boston wasn't fast enough to burn him or run under routes, its just nothing special considering plenty of other receivers could have done the same thing. The clips provided didn't show us anything to WOW about and seeing as it is a few years removed from Bostons current status they all seem irrelevant to me

popularwar said:
Was that Chris McAlister on the last one?

no, mcallister didn't play that game. he was suspended. that was gary baxter. another good CB.

he coulda been an all tiem great and he still could at age 26 he has all the tools juts like chambers but Miami isnt the place to be fior a WR.

awing_pilot said:
I'm not saying hes not talented I'm just saying outside of one great season he hasn't proven it.

Actually, he's had two "good" seasons back to back. He had 1,150 yards in 2000, which is not too shabby, it's not great but still pretty good. Then 2001, He had a monster season, almost racking up 1,600 yards, I believe he had 1,598, but it's two back to back 1,000 yards seasons, and very few receivers, put up or have the potential to reach 1,600 yards or come close. But it's not just that season to base on, like I already said, 2000 was nice also.

Back
Top Bottom